Berserkers are you kidding me?!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Tharrakor, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Talathionwins Active Member

As long as all fighters can only stoneskin an attack once every 4 seconds.

As long as they limit how many times a Guardian's can block or riposte an attack. (1 times per 4 seconds.) Or how many times Guardian Sphere can stoneskin.

As long as they limit the amount of times a brawler can dodge or riposte an attack. (1 times per 4 seconds.)

As long as they limit how many times a Shadowknight can Lifetap per encounter and their 1+m wards. Reaver now only procs once every four seconds.

As long as they limit how many times a Paladin's Mythical can apply its damage reduction and passive heal. Their mythicals damage reduction and healing only applies once every 4 seconds.

Please don't discuss balance of a class, berserker's healing is absolutely worthless in PvP combat now and honestly needs changed. Tanks are Tanks. If your going to change a class you need to significantly buff other areas of the class that are weak, like low health and the inability to deal with really high spike damage. I really don't like it when people who don't really know why something is working, whine and complain about it and get a class wrecked when the new expansion comes out and the mechanics go against them. Berserker's have not changed AT all mechanic wise, the game has changed to make them good, and CONFIRMED by the developers its changing against them.

With the nerfs your suggesting there would be no reason to use a Berserker over a Shadowknight. Wait until the next expansion which changes the game mechanics.

With the nerfs to Blood Rage in PvP it is absolutely worthless. My suggestion is to change the ability so it heals every second like it used to back in the day.

Also, bring back the Tiered version of this spell.
    21 35 49 63 75 85

Blood Rage (21)
    Heals Caster for 0.1% to 0.2% in PvE when engaged to heroic and higher.
    Heals Caster for 0.04% to 0.06% in PvP when engaged with two or more opponents.
    Heals max health every second.

Blood Rage (35)
    Heals Caster for 0.2% to 0.4% in PvE when engaged to heroic and higher.
    Heals Caster for 0.08% to 0.12% in PvP when engaged with two or more opponents.

Blood Rage (49)
    Heals Caster for 0.4% to 0.8% in PvE when engaged to heroic and higher.
    Heals Caster for 0.16% to 0.24% in PvP.

Blood Rage (63)
    Heals Caster for 0.8% to 1.6% in PvE when engaged to heroic and higher.
    Heals Caster for 0.32% to 0.98% in PvP.

Blood Rage (75)
    Heals Caster for 2.4% to 4.8% in PvE when engaged to heroic and higher.
    Heals Caster for 1.28% to 2.23% in PvP.

Blood Rage (85)
    Heals Caster for 4.8% to 9.6% in PvE when engaged to heroic and higher.
    Heals Caster for 3.84% to 6.69% in PvP.

Or just leave it how it is, because its fine.
  2. Bratman Member

Berserkers are currently in third place among a tanks for the role of MT. After a guardian and a monk. So to say that the berserkers are totally dependent on passive healing is not correct. You have enough abilities to prevent spike damage. The main problem, as I believe this is a passive healing in heroic zones, which should be reduced. Because berserkers dont even need a healer in such zones.
    Kalika likes this.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Shadowknights don't need a healer in heroics a lot of times, either. Shrugs. Heck by now most people have enough gear to run heroics without being endangered too much, I'd wager.

Eh...Come next expansion, we'll all need healers, with the level rising to 100.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Fully agreed, the issue is when they take a lot of small hits, which is typically the case in most heroic. HKC and fabled instances are may be the most berzeker friendly ones.

In the domi Berzeker do high hps parses, paladins show less on the parse but they do take less damage, especially is their hps are high enough to make them immune under DA.
  5. Talathionwins Active Member

HKC destroys berserkers because of the way mechanics work. I use a "Different" tank for that zone because you take more damage the more mobs you pull.

Berserkers rely on Multi Mobs, HKC is a great instance where we are one of the worst tanks, because our AOEs literally pull things from the rooms below us. I do NOT use my Berserker for that instance, I switch to my SK.

In HKC, each encounter you pull raises damage taken by a bunch. If you pull more then 3 encounters even with Battle Frenzy on you die immediately. This is why I use Holy Ground on an SK instead because its immunity.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Or you could just pull one group at a time. Just had a very productive group with a zerker tank, pulling usually one group of mobs, occasionally 2.

Beserkers may shine with 30 mobs on them hitting for nothing, but they're perfectly viable in normal tank mode.
  7. Treejay Active Member

What fun is spending twice the time pulling one mob at a time? That isn't an argument
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

One group at a time, usually 4 mobs.

A beserker can't be the best tank for everything. You as a Guard should appreciate that. You can go (speed wise) perfectly well pulling one group at a time, occasionally getting two by accident.
  9. xOcOx Member

All classes have to worry about aoe's in HKc. The above statement is only true if that zerker is not in a full/proper group. If you are running HKc you should be running a necro or coercer who's primary job is keeping the group at 1 if not 0 damage increase debuff increments. If the necro/coercer is doing their job properly HKc is just another heroic zone.
  10. Treejay Active Member

i can pull entire zones (except HKC) in every tank class lol.
  11. Talathionwins Active Member

Except those other classes don't have the trait "Increases Range of AOEs by 5m." which makes you pull through floors. I'd rather stick to my SK and be safe then use Zerker and play under-powered and risk death.

It also makes it so Zerker's best abilities cannot be used "Gibe" amongst other things, also things like Partizan Cleave. I would much rather stick to a class that really doesn't need to worry about any of that because their aoes are not as long range.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

It takes all of 3 clicks to switch to a different AA profile that doesn't have the increased aoe radius. Now you know how other tanks feel when they enter dominion. I'd love to do that zone in my bruisers dps spec like my zerker does.
  13. duckster Active Member

This is why you couple Frenzy with Adrenaline and then use reflexes when both are on cool down. Assuming your groups dps is decent, the mobs should die in that window(~50s) or have reduced increments + possible reset on frenzy.

Also when did SKs get a pally ability(Holy Ground) ?
  14. Talathionwins Active Member

I was tired when I made that last time. I meant Divine Aura, which is amazing for that zone because it prevents all damage regardless of how many +1000% damages you have, which allows the DPS to burn them down as you tank them. Sorry I made that post at 1-3 am and I couldn't edit it.

A zerker is a Mass AOE Tank, if you deny that ability which is unique to the zerker then you might as well switch to Guardian or play a different tank class like SK. What you don't seem to realize is there are 5 more tank classes and each of them has their own niche play. Zerkers is mass AOE. If you take that away you will make SKs better and there will be no reason to play them.

SKs are an AOE tank, but not a "Mass AOE" tank. They do not have the range that zerker aoes do, take away that range and you might as well play SK. This is why I play different Tanks. SKs also don't really benefit how many times they are attacked and are mostly passively the same strength regardless of content they are facing, which is why people like Zerker in DOM because the final named seems to attack a lot faster then a regular mob. As well as the fire constantly hitting you.

Take away anything and you might as well merge Zerker/Guardian. Take away---zzz You get my point.

With the developers making zones with less adds and less need for mass AOE, Zerker is already getting nerfed. They are also reducing the mobs attack speed as well as making them hit harder as well as making zones with less monsters in them.

I can guarentee you I have played Berserker more then every poster here combined. So please listen to what I have to say. The content will change next expansion and FOTM players will find another class. There are expansions where I am powerful, and expansions where I am the worst tank. The class itself has not changed much at all, but if you didn't play it during those times then you wouldn't know.
    Kalika likes this.
  15. Targhan New Member

For someone who's played a berserker through multiple expansions, I for one find all of this bellyaching annoying. I was playing a 'zerk when the class wasn't the "it" tank, and I enjoyed a moderate level of success as both an OT and MT prior to ToV. The class has a current environmental edge that hasn't existed since a certain forum-monkey in SF got Adrenalin nerf-batted. Considering that by the time CoE was released there was a grand total of four known berserkers running end-game content on Unrest -- the current edge was sorely needed. The irony is, of course, that the class that has suffered the most from the current content is the very class of that certain forum-monkey from so many years ago. I played the class when they first implemented the 4% thing, and it was, for all intents and purposes, a nerf at the time.

The berserker already has the lowest amount of HP's compared to ANY other tank, no built-in hate transfer, no self-cures (save for potions), and a few other drawbacks. I've already stopped going to the BG's, because they took a shared ability between the warriors and nerfed the berserker's use of that ability (Unyielding Will) while leaving the Guardian's usage alone. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the very definition of unfair. Keep in mind, if an ability is "OP" it is "OP" no matter what class is using it. Then if it truly is unfair on the berserker, it could have been swapped for something that the "offending class" was missing; like, maybe, just maybe, they could have swapped "Shoulder the Burden" and "Unyielding" between the shared and not-shared skills.

With the rant out of the way, it is a difficult job for the devs to balance between the "raid" job and the "heroic" job of a class. If we don't want the AE tanks to be overpowered, then they have to remove the swaths of trash from raid zones. I promise the moment they "nerf" the berserker class, another class will become the "OP" AE tank, unless they remove raid trash. It's kind of how the game works. It should not be any players' interest to get some other class the nerf-bat. Look at what happened to the mystics and defilers, a wholesale class bomb (I don't play one, and even I see the need to fix wards.).
    Avahlynn likes this.
  16. Ciroe Active Member

(I wont quote the whole post, but my comment below pertains to the entire post.)

HERE HERE (and I don't play a Berserker).

If you have a complaint about the class you play, speak it. There is no need to disparage a different class, because they get something better or cooler than you. Speak for yourself, and yourself only.
    Targhan and Avahlynn like this.
  17. Droll Active Member

I can train and kill my group with any class (period) too.

Only the zerk is build for infinate mobs.

Insolance has a huge radius and no max number of targets... then we create hate simply by getting hit. Coupled with the reactives it makes zero difference to me if it's 3 mobs or 300. As long as the large number of the mobs arent hitting harder than bloodrage heals for. In fact, my solo strat for Fabled Sanctum is to drag a train of solo mobs from the top of the zone to each named (who do actually hit hard) so that they heal me through the nameds damage. The more the merrier at that point. To the point where I have difficulty finding a chest in the mass of angry droags.
  18. petier Active Member

Droll, I can do every heroic zone just as fast on my monk as I can my zerker, might even be faster due to the extra dps the monk brings to the group. Heroic content was never something that at the end of a expansion any tank with good gear couldn't do well.
  19. Montag Well-Known Member

Please don't ruin berserkers. :(
    Avahlynn likes this.
  20. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I guess SKs and Bruisers don't have unlimited target ae snaps either. Oh wait.