Berserkers are you kidding me?!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Tharrakor, Aug 10, 2014.

1. xkrisx Well-Known Member

As long as there paying attention to there temps and not looking through there ACT log for a Magical Damage hit that randomly killed them :) .. the issue has been resolved lol
  2. Talathionwins Active Member

They are already getting nerfed via there being less mobs in each dungeon.

The problem is this expansion has wayyyy to many adds and mobs. Also Shadowknights are just much better.
  3. Droll Active Member

The only way to nerf zerks, short of lowering thier heal amounts, or total hitpoints (compared to other tanks) is to use less group encounters and use single mobs that hit harder.

I quit playing just as Sirens Grotto was released, and popped on one time to say hi shortly after ToV was released. I saw the stat changes they made and heard about the gear. I intsantly knew zerks were going to be OP just from the HP buff alone.

Here's the break down. Bloodrage, the passive always on heal, is a 4% heal on 40% of incoming hits. with 1 million hit points this equals a 40k heal. In fabled sos, heroic mobs will hit my zerk (aprox 11k mit) for about 25k. This means with incoming damage = circa 50k to recieve a 40k heal, without me doing ANYTHING on my end, is why zerks are OP in easier zones.

Battle frenzy, is a 10% heal every hit for 33 seconds. Coupled with 35% damage reduction. So again, with 1 million hit points, a mob now has to hit through your mitigation and damage reduction for over 100k damage, to not actually be beneficial. No mobs out side of Dom or raid zones will hit that hard.

Adrenaline, will emidiatly heal half the damage you take. Which by it'self, doesnt prevent incoming damage. However coupled with bloodrage also procing, it can seem just as good as battle frenzy against weaker mobs. Against very hard hitting mobs, such as Gettiar Razorwing in Dom, adrenaline's heals can easily be 300k per hit (that mob hits like a truck).

Now the zerks weak spot, is against single mobs that hit really hard. razorwing for example, you do have adds in that fight however, and it is in your best intrest to not kill them. If you have 10 adds hitting you for less than bloodrage heals for, they will provide overall heals instead of incoming damage. Good bonus for when the healer is stifled because your mage is too slow on the cure.

Also, the adrenaline-battlefrenzy-adrenaline-pray for a BF reset-adrenaline chain has a possibilty to fail. No reset and you might actually have to recieve outside heals. I hope your healer didnt waffle out of boredom, or already blow DG like the lazy **** he is.

Without those temps up, we become weak guardians spamming gutroar, wall of force, and a kitchen sink hoping to slow incoming damage just long enough for adrenaline to reset.

Oh yeh, and any zerk who uses a shield, even in Dom, is a ******. Go roll a paladin.
  4. petier Active Member

go tank in maw for me sometime.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

LOL that's what my husband used to do in KOS zones when they were the top tier content and actually somewhat difficult (certainly far harder than they are at level these days). Pull everything destroy it with our friend's warlock while I stood there warding and healing and warding.

Nothing new for a berserker to be doing that sort of thing. It's kind of what the class is built for.
    Kalika and Avahlynn like this.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Not really, they could nerf the heal in PVE as aggressively as they nerfed it in PVP and come to a reasonable level of balance.

But, you know how SoE likes their favor of the expansion classes, they're not about to change anything till next expansion.
  7. The Jones Active Member

It would be unfair to nerf classes in the middle of an expansion. It sucks that there isn't pure balance, but it's a complex game. If anything they should boost classes that aren't on par with the others.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

The passive heal should have a maximum heal amount, a cap, say around 10-15k wich still would be a massive dmg reduction.
  9. Ciroe Active Member

Wow, the contradictions. =)

Here's my take on the situation from both a tank, and healer standpoint. I Raid with both my Monk and my Channeler, and we have a zerker in our raidforce that tanks as well.

From my perspective as a monk tanking along side the zerker in raids, i give it to the zerker... while i can tank quite well, the zerker is just unbeatable... I'm sorry, but there should be no discussion on this.. He is just unbeatable.

From my perspective as a channeler healing the same zerker vs other tanks.... also.... a TON easier to heal than most other tanks.

From my perspective as a healer in heroic zones.... i would prefer to heal a zerker any day of the week. plain and simple. They do all my work for me. Hell, sometimes a good zerker can outheal me on the parse.

And put a zerker in where he can mass pull, its over. done. I can roll my channeler full dps spec, and never touch my heals, and let the zerker self heal with 30 mobs on him... its GREAT since i love AE fights as a channeler. heh
  10. Carlieus New Member

Ciroe you should ask about Riproaring a zerker on unrest most healers turn an ran from him in DPS gear with his Dreadlord plate and his Avatar bertox charm he had 290khpp out healed healers, tanked and beat DPS on the parse all at once but man was he hated by healers always fun to hear the comments about him :p
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeah i reported that as soon as the expansion came out, i was immediatly accused of trolling or to call for nerf (which forum rules sort of forbid).

The problem is not really that Zerk are better at tanking serious content than others, indeed my Paladin can show of as much as a zerk and serious raid probably use guardian and crusaders (i think that monks are quite underpowered due to lack of mitigation but i may be wrong). When i was raiding we had no berzeker, but crusaders and a guardian -- note that i'm not saying that zerk cannot tank raid content, but we had none in our raid due to historical reasons --

The problem is more the insane dps/hps that berzekers can produce on large pack of weak mobs.

Apparently the dev decided to ignore the issue since it would have made berzekers unhappy, so every wannabee tank roled a berzeker or bought an heroic one.

Anyway, i much prefer to group with Paladins and Guardians. They may be a bit slower but nobody never die with them, and dps/healers actually do have more fun.

Since most Zerk can now solo almost any heroic encounter, grouping with them is sometimes painfull, especially with those who consider the other group members as mere mercenaries. Fortunately some berzekers do behave nicely and never behave in the way you described, not because they cannot but because they understand that it would be frustrating for the others.
  12. Droll Active Member

The amusing thing about this is it's been this way since sentinals fate... The main difference between then, and now, is the sheer disparity between zones. Hives, bees and bixies cannout out dps bloodrage. So a zerker with decent gear can pull every trash mob in the zone, go have lunch, maybe take a shower, call up a friend they havent seen in 2 years, talk about old times, then come back to find either everything is dead from the damage shield, or it's still dying. Guess it depends on how long the phone call was.

But then we have dominion... which is what the game has been itemized for. Thus once you are geared for dominion, every other zone becomes trivial. In CoE it was the dreadcutter. You had a huge number of mobs, that didnt hit very hard, so you'd clear the zone in 2 or 3 pulls. People simply didnt notice before because the damage spread wasnt so extreme before.
  13. Talathionwins Active Member

It will already be nerfed, the developers have said that they won't be having nearly as many mobs in the new zones because of lag problems caused by passive procs of gear and skills. When your being attacked by 1000s of mobs that do piddly damage you will see this. However when your in an expansion like RoK when you have 1 mob hitting you for almost all your health other tank classes become better. Its the way the game works, if you do nerf something I would really like sustain like a Shadowknight can have and many abilities that heal me rather then one. I would also like the mitigation, and max health other tank classes have and a 20% max health buff so my health can be comparable to a Shadowknights.

I don't really care though now since I have both and am prepared to reroll. Just be careful what you ask for.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Zerkers have by far the easiest time in Dominion as well, which is packed full of single mobs hitting for huge amounts. As for mit - I don't know where you're getting that from, cause my zerker has far more mit without even trying than any other tank I've played.
  15. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Take a shower and call a friend? Please. I can do that and grocery shop , too. Amatuer.

J/k!!

My zerker is on pace with a sk, they kill faster and I take hits better, but lets face it, that's a tanks job. Take a bit and not exhaust your healer. Our healer can focus on me and the others there and not feel bored or stressed. My wizard cranks out a ton of spell damage. It's her job. I don't see a huge amount of classes op now. Warlocks and rangers are strong, illys seem desired as do dirges. I've not felt any of the classes I am familiar with are in a bad place.
  16. Lava New Member

^ lol'd. If it wasn't for me you'd be at the bottom of the parse everytime
  17. Talathionwins Active Member

Mobs in DOM and most mobs in this expansion hit you multiple times and really fast instead of just once. We have less mitigation then Crusaders because they have more mitigation buffs then we do. Shadowknights have 15% more max health due to their traits and AAs which is rather significant.

All tanks are different, its the mechanics and the encounters that make them powerful. Zerkers are situational to their power, just like Guardians, Shadowknights, Paladins, Brawlers are. The mechanics are just going to their favor. When mobs start hitting really slow and hard again, Guardians and Brawlers will be significantly better and Zerkers will be much worse. Not saying they won't be more powerful then the other but expansions and encounters matter.

Shadowknights and Paladins remain about the same no matter the encounter.

I encourage you to learn more about mechanics before posting about other classes and review their strengths and weaknesses.

If they made mobs hit significantly slower like they said they would, Guardians would be much more powerful just because of how mechanics work. They have skills like: Absorb the next ten hits. Right now that isn't very powerful because they attack you every 0.5 seconds. However say they attacked every 4-5 seconds instead, now that still is significantly better. This is a sample of how encounter mechanics can change the way things are for class balance.

Same with brawlers, their stoneskins and dodge moves become a whole lot better.

I have been playing Berserker for several years. Almost 8, and I can tell you our power fluctuates between expansions, there are times when we were good, and times were we were trash and times were we were awesome. Nothing much has changed.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

The difference in TOV in that you don't even need to heal them, most of my hps is probably from heal on the group when with a zerk and this may held too for a paladin using his temp and self heals.

I cannot remember any extension in which tanks required no healing in heroic gear (i am strictly speaking s about heroic content, raids are fine and indeed much funnier than they were, at least i have to heal and on top i have nice "oh ****" buttons, and i not speaking about overgeared tanks either). Ok in VD3 berzekers sometime outhealed me on the queen but this was due to the HP buf granted by mister dragon the mighty and this was only half of the pops.

My isolated warden can only survive if facing a few weak heroic mobs (picklaw, highkeep, hive or even Labs and the other Temple easy instance) , and almost any dps dies within second if facing alone some of this trash. And tanks can easily defeat survive such encounters and depending on gear and class some can even win.

In early Velious my warden was soloing the spider instance (not the last named) with T2 heroic gear (it got easier with raid gear), but my paladin with similar gear dropped very quickly, i was curing the dot and cycling my temp and using heal but all that did not work.

In those days priests, and more exactly inqui and wardens (in that order) were quite a bit overpowered.
    But not as much as tank (esp. zerk) are now.

I remember the days in which tanks needed constant overhealing to survive, and were behaving like sissies ...
    this was bad because the healer was too important, temp were too short with a too long recast.

Today it's the opposite, tank can pull with the healer afk and if with potions or grouped with mages that know that they have a cure you can probably do most of the heroic content with no healer at all.

I suspected that it would be the case when TOV was released since i saw the massive HP boost and the possibility to reach easily 100% reuse with a fighter.

In the webcast they gave recently they claimed that healing/tanking was fine, it's true for raids but not in heroic.

Currently case like this can happen : everyone but the tank die, tank kills everything and use a father to rez the priest once the encounter is over.
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

They could simply limit the amout of proc of their passive heal.

e.g => bloodrage at most one per second, and something similar for battlefrenzy.

It's easy to code : when bloorage proc add a 1 second debuf to the zerk that make them immune to bloodrage.

The once per second is just an example, the reasonnable rate may be 4 time/sec or once each two seconds. I'm not qualified to adjust it properly.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, its an extremely easy fix, as they've already made the change in the PVP version of the ability.