Berserkers are you kidding me?!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Tharrakor, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Ok so i ran fabled vaults on my sin with a zerk tanking. He pulled so many mobs I could barely dps cuz of the lag and I normally don't have lag issues! The thing that shocked me is that he did'nt even seem to struggle with so many mobs on him! Same thing happened right after in fabled HoF! Is zerker really that OP cuz of the passive heal or could I do this with a guardian/monk of equal gear?
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Darkon Well-Known Member

Zerkers are absurdly overpowered right now, yes.
    Tackk likes this.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

What gear was he in? We have some pretty stat and stam heavy uber end game stuff for a lot of classes right now. Depends a bunch on that and how he was spec'd. Like even running as a dps zerker I am way slower on kills than my BFF is on her sk. Shadowknights are killing machines. As a zerker I can take a hit like no one's business (I'd imagine only a guardian is better at taking hits) in my defense spec/gear. That's my job. It lets guild characters stay safe. I tank, but I'm certainly not (at end game) unkillable. But then my guild is only really starting tov stuff, we tend to be about an expansion behind and level up with a slower rate than many might like to.

As for number of mobs, yeah I tend to pull a huge pile of em, the amount of which would have my scout dead in seconds.

My scout kills most stuff before it ever hits her though, so it's a trade off. Same with my wizard. Massive output of damage, can't take a bit worth a darn.

Try a zerker out. See for yourself what our toys and tricks are. :) they're a fun class.
  4. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Shadowknights do it better and easier! They are waaaaaay more OP than they were in Sentinel's Fate which was super OP
  5. Darkon Well-Known Member

Zerkers are better than SK's friend Corydonn.
  6. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Zerkers are the best for mass ae stuff like that but I mean...you're in fabled kos zones, any tank can do that.
  7. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Zerkers have Talathion, SKs don't have anything like that so therefor SKs are better.
    CelosSolec, Karsa, Mindsway and 5 others like this.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I was'nt trying to find the most OP tank, that wasn't the reason I asked. To be more precise let me put it this way. I have a 95 zerker but he is'nt geared because I found him boring. I have a 95 monk that I love playing and I was thinking about betraying the zerk to a guardian. Would that be a big misstake?
    And don't tell me to go make a SK cuz I don't like crusaders either :p And yeah, I know I should play what I like but I would like a mass pulling tank so could guardian live up to the zerker in that category?
  9. Faelen Active Member

With the right healer, and decent gear, yes, it's possible to do the same thing on a Guardian, although naturally a zerker would have an edge because of their self healing.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  10. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I have a mediocre geared Zerk .. full set of energized with zero red gems.. and all heroic jewelry. If it wasnt for lag, I could probably pull the entire HOF zone and not die. There passive heal is extremely OP and the fact that you can overlap there temp buffs for 22 seconds with zero gaps, make them extremely powerful. However, I play a Bruiser/Monk main and even in end game gear, I cant mass pull mobs like a Zerk. I can pull extremely large groups but I have a higher chance of running out of HP then my zerk lol.
  11. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah that does it then. I'll gear my zerk and betray him when they get nerfed next xpac wich im sure they will. I don't remember the exact amount of bloodrage but I think it was around 2%, if you have around 1mil hp it would then heal you for 20k on hit and thats a pretty huge dmg reduction! I might even go shieldless :p
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

I only use a shield on my zerker in one zone, Dominion, and tbh I don't think that's even necessary :(
    Avahlynn likes this.
  13. Eressa Member

Hey Malleria, did you used to play a mage on RNife/Quellious, in a guild called Endless Unity?
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Why yes I did :) Haven't thought about that in a loooong time. Must've been around The Serpent's Spine era iirc.
  15. Eressa Member

<- Nylorra
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I geared my zerk a bit today, not too much but a few potent and the rest arcane and sum pieces of +mit jewelry, not too much i would say he's still a very poorly geared tank with around mid 500k HP selfbuffed. He's already A LOT more sturdy then my better geared pally and way better geared Monk.....

So, i Think ill continue to gear him!

There must be coming a nerf to this??
    Avahlynn likes this.
  17. Axterix Active Member

There's the next expansion with more levels coming in a few months. It will most likely mess with who is top dog. Prior to then, I wouldn't expect much.
  18. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't think they need nerfing, they are sturdy tanks but they aren't dps monsters. I think what I would like to see is a little more sturdiness added to cloth classes. I don't think our plate classes are too tough, they just look that way compared to what clothies deal with. Just my two coppers.

And yeah with the expansion on the not so distant horizon who knows what it's all gonna be like? For all we know beast lords will be the gods among us, and most desired in groups.

Good hunting to you,
    Ava
    Karsa likes this.
  19. Kaarkula Active Member

zerkers are what monks were in Dov...

Tanking a named in wing 3 on my SK I be sweating bullets.... can throw the entire encounter on the zerker and /afk
  20. Hammdaddy Active Member

Pretty sure any good monk will outank an zerker atm.