Berserkers are not nerfed. They are way better after the revamp!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bravesinger, Sep 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

Well put Infer,

I keep hearing "I would have roled a tank... orI would have rolled a scout". You roled a Zerker... now play like one. You rolled the best tank for a group situation... especially a small group. Find a scout and a priest class and try it, you see. You rolled for the best class at soloing and grouping grouped mobs... try it, you'll see. If you wanted to tank a raid and you died too quick you probably set you buffs wrong (or the guard wasn't helping you like he should). Wanna go sit with the scouts in a raid (Which our buffs are really good for... go for it), but don't expect o be the big DPS... you'll be a buff generator.

However, if you want to play a Berserker, learn what all of your abilities do when they all work together in the right situation. With the new changes, there are a thousand combitations for a thousand different situations, and no one can can tell you all of them. Right click on you spell and choose examine and then ask youself, how would this come in handy? That's all any of us have done. My erker tanks well, solos well, assists the tank well, puts out great DPS, and is an all around fun character to play... regardless of gear. If you're not having fun, you can do one of two things... find a new strategy and play your toon as a zerker... or reroll.

I have a scout and guard alt...they are both level 11, because zerkers are a much more fun class to play if you take a little time to figure out how to play them.
  2. ARCHIVED-Superfranki Guest

I am a level 34 Berserker. I have a grand total of 1 Ad3, 5 App4, and the rest I'm rolling with super cool App1. I am sitting in a set of crafted feyIRON. Haaaardly what I would call uber, but after the revamp I am doing way better. Mobs that would eat my soul in a heart beat are suddenly a pretty even fight. I see a mob that is 2 levels higher with a single up arrow and I know that I have about a 60-75% chance of success (I used to wet myself and cry). The whole structure of Berserker is much more like a Berserker should be. We have an offensive set of buffs (for DPS) and a defenseve set of buffs (obviously for tanking). Most of our buffs are counterattacks, strength boosters, and haste procs. I could understand a person with vendor trash weapons/armor not making the grade, but if you have a decent player crafted or heritage weapon/armor (I currently use the SBH), mobs HP should be shaved off like mad and you should have plenty of HP ticking back to out live them. Before you go knocking everything about the revamp, check out how your buffs work, check out your situation, and for the love of god at least wear 30 gold worth of skills and armor (for the level 30 range).
  3. ARCHIVED-laker34one Guest

36 Berskerker here. First thing I noticed was that I lost two HP buffs that stacked with battle tactics (gray). Now I have one gray hp buff and an in combat regen buff (not even the same class) that doesnt stack with each other??? Very dissapointed in this. As well, I've noticed that I have much less dmg output and lose my hp much faster than before. Whats more, Bruisers have a higher dmg output and a higher hp pool, albeit lower power pool. Might as well just make a bruiser I suppose.

Anyways, this happened in DAOC as well, Mythic kept altering the classes so drastically people eventually got tired of re-rolling and quit. As for me,

/sarcasm on I think I'll start playing my Warden more often and just run around rezzing and sowing people for money. Now thats what I call a good time. /sarcasm off
  4. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

Reroll and learn another class or learn the class your working with... your choice. Just because you are a bruiser doesn't mean you will be able to solo. The ppl that are doing well with the changes are the ones that picked the right class, they are the ones that learned how to play the class the picked.
  5. ARCHIVED-laker34one Guest

It has nothing to do with being able to solo or learn your class....Have you not been reading the posts?

So basically, we will need to re-learn our class everytime Sony does a major patch for imbalance. This is generally content that is addressed pre-release, not after 50 levels of game play or what have you. It goes back to Verant when they tried to balance out the necromancer class because it was too powerful. In the end, they take a powerful class, weaken it, and another class becomes elite. They revisit the new class, nerf down, and rinse/repeat. All the while we have to adjust to the changes which flat out sucks. Oh it's great if your class benefits but a little more consistancy makes the game a hell of alot more fun and enjoyable.

It just pains me to see a character I've invested so much time and fun in playing get smacked down and here I go spending an hour or so respecing all over and having to re-mem my spell book and figure out which spells work best in which situations all over again. Just my .02 though.
  6. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

Dang dude, it's not like someone is asking you to memorize and conrehend Einstein's Theory of Relativity or anything. The change make sit all interesting. The way I look at it, I just gained new spells.... discovering new ways to use your toon and make them better is what's fun about the game. People keep whining about how they have to 'relearn' their toon like it's a 40 hour task or something. I went out and killed a couple of solo mobs and had it down in about 10 minutes. If that is too much of a time investment for you, then EQ2 probably isn't your game. If you go back and read the posts that have been put up from the BETA servers until now I see a trend. The majority of posts about these changes prior to Live were all [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing about how SOE was screwing the game up (I was one of them). However, go back and read post patch. There's two types of posters... those that figured out how to play their toon and love the new balance and challenge brought to the game... and those that still haven't figured out to play their toon and blame SOE for it. I see more and more posts popping from people having a change of heart over the changes. SOE did very well with this update IMHO. One thing for sure is that they made it so we could finally help each other. I was fighting a mob last night and got an add, I was dropping in HP pretty quick and I saw an ING run by ... stop, throw a heal and run off. That was sooo cool. We grouped up shortly after and had a blast. I was walking the docks in QH and the next thing you know, I have SOW. How can you complain about that?
    People are finally starting to come together in EQ2, people are starting to need ppl. If your a soloer, then I'd grab a copy of Morrowind or Fable. EQ is an MMORPG, that means you are adventuring n a vast, everchanging world with many other people, you are involved in communities and enjoy a social atmophere. The world changes man... it always changes. Roll with it and adapt. Have fun.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bravesinger Guest

Some of you corrected me: It was Rampage and not Anarchy I used as master and which helps me ALOT here. I am just used to loving anarchy, so I typed the wrong one. I was in a group again in Pillars of Flames. We were fighting lvl 57-58 heroic mobs. When we did single +++ mobs my dps was 150-250. When we killed linked encounters where we would get 4-5 mobs (Some with 2 arrows up and some with arrows down) my dps was anywhere from 500-1000. We do insane dps on groupmobs. We are fighterwarlocks, who love linked encounters. I will not be able to solo single target +++ mobs that are above my lvl, but I can solo +++ encounters that consist of 5+mobs, even if they are 5 lvls above me. The more mobs the merrier :).

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing to notice: We are true duel-masters. I have duelled like 15+ different people, all lvl 50 like I was at that time. I lost 1 fight. That fight was when I was up against a templar with alot of powerregen fabled items. It took more than 20 mis before I was finally dead. When I soloed a wizard it took me 10 secs to kill him. MEGADPS. It was a long fight when I duelled an illusionist. Took me 10 mins before he was finally oop. Untill then he continually stunned/nuked me, but thanks yto our regen I was never below 90%hp. When he was finally oop, I killed him in 5 secs.
    Message Edited by Bravesinger on 09-17-2005 12:14 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-JediAvenger Guest

I hate the game after revamp. Almost every single aspect. There is nothing fun about it at all.

Experience gain is horrendous at 50. I spent 30% vitality and got 17% experiance. I was in a group - killing group^^^ lvl 55 and 56 orange mobs and could barely see the xps bar move with Vit.

I'll stick it with it a bit but losing interest fast. Reminds me of EQ1 - I quit after Vel expansion because of the combat imbalances made during the Kunark expansion and saw no attempt by them to address the problems. I see a repeat of history.

-Jedi-
  9. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

Then please, by all means /quit. No one is forcing you to play.
  10. ARCHIVED-Chogar Guest

Nice general post. Mind telling us what is not to your liking (besides exp gain being slow)? Without specifics SOE can not know what is making the game unfun to you. There are also game mechanics you may not understand that can cause anger or irritation. Without knowing what is the problem nobody can help. So if you are going to write a "this game sucks now post" at least inform us why this game sucks now for you.

Here is an example of an easy to use method for posting what you do not like:
    • Having permanent buffs suck, I like rebuffing every 10-15 minutes.
    • Lower my DPS back to what it was, how dare I do more DPS.
    • Being able to tank better is not what I wanted!
    • Give me buff stacking back!
    • Experience gain is to slow, I should be level 60 in a week.
    As you can tell listing your reasons for not liking the changes is easy as pressing the Unordered list button on the top right of the text box.
  11. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

:smileyvery-happy:
  12. ARCHIVED-Chogar Guest

I got a SMILEY!!!!!!!!

:smileysurprised:
  13. ARCHIVED-Sinkatze Guest

Whats really the idea of making exp faster? if it were for me I wouldn't have done any exp buff or any vitality even, I would have exp grow as if it were EQ1 for what I have heard, there are so many things you can do its not really necesary to cap as fast as posible.. well just my opinion I guess.
    Good Luck!
  14. ARCHIVED-Zaelicor Guest

Here's my experiences as a L47 Berserker. I chose Frenzy as the Master2 upgrade when the option came up (I so far have not regretted it :) ). <<EDIT - No fabled gear,imbued fulginate bp, not the most efficient armor/accesories, using treasured and handcrafted weapons (always duel weilding when soloing), sometimes PGT. Mostly app4-adept1 skills (no adept3, no master 1, only master 2 are grey and not used, and Frenzy (which I love like my firstborn...if I had one) /EDIT>>

My first ever fight with the revamp, I fought an even-con mob in everfrost, something I'd been able to easily solo before, and survived with about 10% hp left. This was before I learned that fights were going to need a little more thinking and considering. The next fight with the same mob went much better once I started using the tools they gave us (counter-attack, 2 seperate berserk chances, short term slows/stuns/melee resists, bearform to keep warm (it's cold in everfrost!) and more attack skills, both single target and ae, than you can shake a stick at).

After I did learn how to aproach fights and realize that it's not JUST the level and con of the mob you have to consider, but also the type of mob, what it can do, what kind of skill it's designed to display (found a mob that suddenly does 6 attacks in a row when at 20ish% life), My soloing life became much easier, though still challenging (which is fun :) ). At 47 in the sinking sands, I can solo a L48^ ghoul while still being able to survive if a L45V adds near the end of the fight. I can also solo L46^ dervishes, but it's a much closer fight, due to their abilities. I can solo a group of 4 L45VV swarming beetles (fun fight, you spend the first half of your lifebar stunned, and then you go psycho :p). I have solo'd a pair of L46V mobs due to both agroing at once, and this is where our non-encounter based ae's (a blessing and a curse) really shine. I was also able to solo L51V scorpions near the pillar of flames zoneline with not too much trouble, which actually suprised me.

Don't get me wrong, I've died plenty, but if dying is going to piss you off, you're playing the wrong game. They've basicly made it so you not only have to think about how to fight your enemy, but also how to avoid it. It has become much more dangerous post-revamp to blindly run through a group of agro mobs, especially the ^^ and up ones, they just do so much back-damage and are fond of roots and stuns, that if you think you're going to outrun them , you might have another thing coming.

No, I can't solo Heroic mobs, I haven't even tried, but I've heard people cry about not even being able to solo grey heroics. I don't really have much of an opinion about it, except that being able to kill them solo while they are grey is usually for a matter of convenience to finish quests, and I think if the quest is still going to give you a respectable reward (beit money item or xp), then it would be worth your time to find others who are also interested in the same mobs. If you're insistent on soloing them, wait a couple more levels. You waited this long, and the mobs aren't going to be going anywhere anytime soon most likely.

So far I quite enjoy the combat revamp with my berserker. Haven't logged in my illusionist in yet though (messa chanta gonna die :/) but we'll see how he came through later.
    Message Edited by Zaelicor on 09-18-2005 07:07 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-onwe Guest

1 word "rampage" When you get to 50 you better hold on to you hat cause this is one wild ride you will never leave.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kodachi Guest

I am a level 46 Berserker Ratonga, and I really love the combat changes. I think the biggest changes post patch is to the scout classes which frankly needed some lovin :). I played a Troubador in Beta and on release tried the berserker, found the zerker did more damage and could tank! Wasn't a hard choice on which class to play. I always knew they would balance the scouts out someday and I am glad that day finally came :).

I think the game is much more challenging now :). I die a lot more, but with the debt being so trivial I don't mind one bit :). I usually work off my debt in one or two fights. I don't enjoy playing a game that has no challenge to it. People talk about not enjoying "grinding" experience. In my opinion one of the big things that makes getting experience a grind is if you never have to worry about dying :). There is plenty to do if I choose to solo, group, or duo with my husband (46 defiler). I have mediocre gear, mostly handcrafted or treasured, and no spells/arts past Adept 1 cept the Master 2's they give you for free.

I love some of the hassle they removed with the update. I hated having to cast 6 buffs every 10 minutes. I love that all my spells are useful now! I never used some of the crap I had before, and some of the stuff I did use was pretty worthless :) (woo hoo 13 str on all group members!).

I like making everyone in the group berserk :). I always knew I could drive others crazy.

I hate the berserk animation! (somethings never change)

I love the new lands, although the skittish beetle quest has very nice armor rewards and is a MAJOR PITA :). If you need an upgrade to fulginate its a great set of quests to do, but you will tear your hair outta your ears before its done :). People WILL steal your beetles from you, cause some people are natural jerks :).

I feel sorry for the people who hate the new changes. I don't blame them in anyway, they spent a long time with the way the game worked before and there are bound to be many who do not like the change. I liked the game before the change so I was reluctant when they said they were redoing the whole system. I think they really did some great things, but I perfectly understand if others don't feel that way. I think it is mean spirited to tell those people who don't like the changes to quit. They bought the game and paid their dues and they should have some say in how it changes. Their opinions are vaild even if you do not agree with them. I hope those that are upset will learn to embrace the change, and if I can help with advice or anything I would be happy to.

Indya
    46 Berserker Rat
    Antonia Bayle
  17. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Well after a good solid few hours playing I have to say I'm enjoying my Berserker again. Lots of things to factor in with the changes but there is a lot of good there to be found. Having not played in months, I'm plesantly surprised to see things like Blood Boil (I'm a big regen fan) and Weapon Guard actually does something now!

Very sad that our attack speed increase buffs are bye bye though, I'm also a big haste fan.

I like the Mitigation / Avoidance balance. Makes sense and seems to be implimented well from my perspective.

Intervene seems like a fun ability to get to know. A bit more strategy for raids is possible. More things to do as an off tank. Able to protect people better.

I havent tried it, but if Rescue works now thats good news.

I like the Master II training options.

Offending Defense - New Hold the Line, an old favorite gets upgraded. Hope it works well, havent had occasion to use it much yet.
  18. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

They all work very well... and Vehemence works very very well FINALLY. I've had the master for this spell forever and it has never worked. Plus they trew a 57 AGI buff on it :)
    We all miss our haste, but I'll take the 3 minute timer on rampage over haste anyday. I am quite happy with the spells, especially with the results you get when you upgrade to Ad3 and Master quality. They've made the efforts worth the result now. Very nice changes
  19. ARCHIVED-laker34one Guest

[that means you are adventuring n a vast, everchanging world with many other people, you are involved in communities and enjoy a social atmophere.]

wow, I didn't know I was responding to a role player. Maybe it's time for a girlfriend or a hobby but you've been playing wayy too long.

I'm a casual gamer, I've played all different types, fps, rpg, mmorpg. I was simply stating a point about the recent patch but you have taken it to a whole new level.
  20. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

Me? Hobby? Girlfriend? My girlfriend and I play during the evenings together and enjoy grouping with our guildmates. We like EQ because it mimics real life (hence the everchanging world and sense of community). In my off-time, I enjoy riding my motorcycle, snowboarding, skydiving, playing guitar, songwriting, hiking, backpacking, travelling to new places, and helping the customers of my small business. I work over a month's worth of hours in two weeks at my second job so I can have 2 weeks off every month, I have a 14 year old daughter on the honor roll who is prepping for a year in Japan as an exchange student, who's life I remain highky involved in and supportive of.
    In between all of this, we both find time to play and enjopy the game, with it's changes. I have a lvl 50 Berserker/lvl 50 Weaponsmith and my GF is 50 Templar. So, you can imagine my confusion when people whine and moan about how EQ caters to the Elite 'hardcore' players and leaves the casual players behind. We're doing fine.
    BTW.... what do you do besides EQ?