Berserker KOS Armor?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Khalad, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

But that doesn't explain the chain/leather pants he's wearing also.
  2. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

Maybe it was a raid ....... all his gear broke ... and all he had was a spare pair of leather pants and his profession hat!!! ;-)

Yes i am kidding.
  3. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Man I just really really hope that thing is not our hat. And I mean really. :p
  4. ARCHIVED-SlapnutsGT Guest

I seriously hope the no shirt thing isnt the berserker armor because:

[IMG]

As you can see my dude with no shirt = skinny heroin addict

I got a bird chest for crying out loud.
  5. ARCHIVED-knightdantes Guest

They look better like that. Too bulky in the platemail. I would role another Bersrker if they had the appearance of that Berserker leaping on the Everquest 1 Gates of Discord expansion Lol.
  6. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I like my bulkiness, kthnx. :p
  7. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

also said some classes will share helms

io expect berserkers and shaman to be in bear hats
    my guess would be defilers and shadowknights to share the skull one
  9. ARCHIVED-DaTreno Guest

So does anyone have any info on what the graphical effect of Juggernaut does? No level 65 zerkers in beta?? hehe
  10. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"io expect berserkers and shaman to be in bear hats"

I really don't think so.

"my guess would be defilers and shadowknights to share the skull one"

Defilers are Shamans. They are the evil version of the Mystic. They will be wearing the animal skin hats just like Blackguard said. Wardens and Furies are Druids. They both will be wearing the same animal skin hat as Defilers and Shamans. You really still think that we are going to get stuck wearing the same hat that 4 of the healer classes are clearly already getting?

Dude...why can't you just admit it when you're wrong?

I think it's much more likely that we will be sharing the same hat that's available to SK's and/or Guardians. At least until they come out with profession hats that are actually created specifically for each class like he said. At which time I can just about guarantee you we are still not getting any bearskin hat. Get over it already LOL.

"So does anyone have any info on what the graphical effect of Juggernaut does?"

I personally would not expect the graphical animation for that spell to have any effect on our armor's appearance at all.
  11. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

"Dude...why can't you just admit it when you're wrong?"

None of us know for sure yet, and I fail to see the reason for an attack such as that. You think I want a dead bear on my head?
    I hope I'm wrong but that still what I think it would be. Speculate all you want, but lay off the attacks.

As for defilers, they deal with evil spirits and change into a wraith form. Don't see how bear fits into that in any way.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 02-10-200604:29 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"I fail to see the reason for an attack such as that...Speculate all you want, but lay off the attacks."

You need to get a grip. I was never "attacking" you in any way. I am simply pointing out that you are wrong. At least I really think so. That is not a personal attack in any way, shape, or form. It's just an observation.

"You think I want a dead bear on my head?I hope I'm wrong..."

Well you sure don't act like it. If that was true then I would expect you to be happy about this news. Instead you're getting all defensive about it.

"As for defilers, they deal with evil spirits and change into a wraith form. Don't see how bear fits into that in any way."

And you think it makes more sense for a plate tank to share the same PROFESSION hat as a leather/chain-wearing healer class? As in a Berserker getting the same hat as a Mystic and a Defiler getting the same hat as an SK? I really don't think so.

I think the main problem here is that you are basing your assumption completely off of one picture and your own personal whims whereas I am calculating mine from known facts about the way the game works, the way SOE works, and good old common sense. And now we even have an actual statement from a dev to go by as well. And yes, he did say that some classes would be sharing the same hats. But he did not say that Berserkers, Shamans, and Druids were going to be wearing the animal skin hat. He specifically said that Shamans and Druids are going to be wearing the animal skin hat. Not Berserkers. What is there to misinterpret about that?

By the way, you know when you go to make a new characer it shows little icons for each class? Notice the one for the Mystic is a bear head with a spear next to it and the one for the Defiler is a carved totem that looks similar to ones that were made by Native Americans and other tribal cultures in the past. Like I said before, when I think of a Shaman I think of something like a Native-American medicine man. So actually it does make sense to me that they get to wear a bearskin hat. Keep in mind that Defilers are the evil version of Mystics and they are both still classified as Shamans in this game, regardless of whether you think they should be or not.

In other words, just because you have a certain image in your head for what a class is supposed to be about doesn't mean that SOE shares the same exact idea. That's why I refuse to buy into this image of the Berserker going barechested and/or being scantily clad in animal skins that some people are so stuck on even if that's the way they are presented in RL lore. Because despite that it is not the way that SOE has ever presented the Berserker class in this game at all. That silly bear form we got at level 40 is the closest they have ever come to it and most Berserkers in this game hate it so much that I really don't think they are ever going to bother trying to take it any further.

You know, that guy that I was arguing with on the other thread about the intended role of our class even said that they posted that picture because they were actually thinking about nerfing our class to leather in the expansion at one point. Not just for looks either. But he also said that they totally scrapped that idea. I still think he was mostly full of crap about most of the things he said, especially since he was proven to be totally wrong about the AA system, but he might have actually had something there.

In any case I am not trying to disrespect you at all if that is what you think. If I am wrong then I appologize. I just really hope that you are wrong and, excuse me, but now I am even more confident that you really are and that makes me happy.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 02-10-200609:31 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-DaTreno Guest

Infernus, you have a condescending prissy little attitude. You've done this not only on this thread but on that other one where you pissed off nearly everyone who has the displeasure of reading your thread.

I don't think you should be the judge of whether your posts are disrespectful or not. It should be up to the people reading it. Last I checked, even ******* think they are world laureate writers.
  14. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

"Well you sure don't act like it. If that was true then I would expect you to be happy about this news. ""

News what news? Its speculation, we still don't know what is in store for us.

And yes, your right, I am lieing to the whole berserker community, I want the dead bear head and have been begging the devs for it all this time. You caught me.

Nothing to do with i am the one who started this post HOPING it wasn't true and HOPING the devs would see the displeasure of the zerker community if it is.

Go back and read all my posts on this thread. I think I have made it clear that I am against the bear head totally. The one pic I have seen shows a guy with a big 2 hand axe, our icon btw. Have not seen anything else yet regarding our class.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 02-10-200607:26 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

Ah see you guys have had the opportunity of talking to infernus....

Not to entertain you at all infernus, but the pics are of berserkers. The art and screenshots were mading during the time of considerations of adjusting berserkers to leather or chain. I couldn't come out and directly say this before, but this is what lead to my conversation with a developer who informed me that they did originally intend to adjust us in the expansion, since the art and screenshots were done, they have backed off this idea and it's no longer the case.

As of early beta, this was our profession hat, the bear, the leather look, etc. But since there has been alot of backpeddling and they swapped alot of the profession hats around, so I have not been able to confirm this is still our hat. I believe it is, but can't be for sure. I can guarantee you that was the original looks for berserkers before they tossed the ideas of majorly revamping us out the window. But as you can tell with our achievements and the juggernaut skill, as a berserker, you can continue to be an awesome raid tank, but we have a surefire dps mode now too.
  16. ARCHIVED-knightdantes Guest

I can see why people want the different kind of armor. Personally I'd take the lighter, more Conan type look myself lol. Think of it this way, if the AA titles are anything like EQ1 you will get the title "Savage," that everyone was jealous of lol.
  17. ARCHIVED-DaTreno Guest

Ok but Silelwen.. do you know whether or not Juggernaut does create that barechested berserker look? Or was the look scrapped entirely? I ask this at the risk of more mouthfrothing from infernus, but nobody really cares about him anyway.
    Message Edited by DaTreno on 02-11-200605:26 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-StrollingWolf Guest

Remember not to debate each other’s posts/wording or your opinions of other posters. I noticed a little bickering going on that wasn't really necessary, and some statements that could have easily just been left out of the conversation. Read your posts before hitting submit and if you see something that really isn't contributing to the conversation, or pokes at another poster just take it out before you click the button. It will keep the thread easier to read if there isn't a bunch of fighting because someone said something inflammatory in a post. If you're going to put something inflammatory in your post you can expect it to disappear. I left a couple posts in this one - don't continue the bickering, discuss the topic, not each other.
    Keep it civil.
    Thank you.

Message Edited by StrollingWolf on 02-11-200608:02 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

This doesn't pertain to us, but I saw a 70 Brigand with a level 67 head item called "Wastestalker Cowl." It is equipable by all scouts and is showing a hood over head and shoulders on the brigand.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 02-11-200607:22 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

I don't believe so, hehe, the bare chested look was more of a stylized type screenshot / artwork type deal. I do not know for sure, but can only speculated. I believe two situations occurred with the barechested look, A) Done just for looks, not a really geared out guy, just done up for the screenshots. B) They had the guy wearing some berserker gear and they made the chest see thru to show the chest. I actually did a screenshot like that similar with a buddy of mine with me and Naggy. (Took the chest off so I could off my 'tats' (tattoos, hehe).

[IMG]