Berserker KOS Armor?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Khalad, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Well one can only hope. I just don't want us getting screwed over. We are a plate class so we better get cool looking plate armor.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 01-19-200611:17 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

If I cannot see my armor at all that I worked hard to ge then I'm gonna be really ticked, as several psoters have said if that was the way it was since day 1 that would have been 1 thing but I don't want it to be suddenyl added ingame.

I will also be ticked if my new hat is some sort of dead animal but I guess I can deal with that more so than being half naked.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

Wow, so many things to respond to in this post.

Firstly, I agree Khalad, the Bearskin rug looks like the new berserker hat. I'm already being teased relentlessly by my guild about it. In my opinion the art for KoS is more likely going to be correct then screenshots of the beta. Since this is the case, i really doubt that they'd display a mystic or warden wielding a 2h axe. I do recall our class weapon at level 20 was a 2h axe.

If you notice in the screenshot of the Shadowknight (big ogre with kick **** looking armor/weapon/helm) and the Swashbuckler. They are wearing some-what matching outfits for their class helm. I beleive thats what was done in the Berserker cover art. SoE will not be changing the type of armor Berserkers will be wearing. It was merely a picture to show off our new carcass hat.

/showhelm will still work to disable this ghetto graphic. Which i'm guessing we'll have very few Berserkers showing off their new hat. I personally cant say i'm happy with this graphic, since i'm a plate tank. Why would i wear a rug on my head for protection. If they could fashion a plate bear faced helmet, similiar to the Shadowknight skull helmet. That would indeed be very cool.

Cant wait to see our class specific shoulders. Skinned skunk paldrons ftw!
  4. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

Im still going with that guy with the lion head is a fury. Now its quit possible that the fury's could go with an AA and learn to use an axe. Although i cant imagine fury's are gonna walk around bare chested when right now they have the willowood graphic's that make them look like ancient eqyptian virgins.

I think the drawing with the glowing sword is possibly the zerker look. If thats true my Troll zerker is gonna look sweet :)
  5. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"I think the drawing with the glowing sword is possibly the zerker look. If thats true my Troll zerker is gonna look sweet."

That reminds me. What about people who chose races that don't fit with the "naked barbarian/bearskin hat" theme? It would be our own fault if that's the way the class was from the beginning and we picked it anyway. But the Berserker in this game never had that look before so that effected our choices. We went by what they gave us. Now they cannot make such a drastic change like this to our class or way too many people will throw a fit about it.

Something is definitely wrong here. I made a post on the graphics and art forum to try and get someone to post a screenshot of our actual KoS armor.

But if it is true and that's what we are getting then I guarantee the bearskin hat is going to go down the same way as the form of the furious bear...no one will ever use it and no one will do anything but complain about it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

LOL man i understand your exited and want to know what your look is going to be like in the next expansion! But its like christmas all over your going to have to wait to open your presents. Good things will come in this expansion if they dont i think people are going to go from [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing to quiting very quickly so look forward to something cool thats all you can do :)
  7. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Someone on the test server posted a screenshot of what apparently is supposed to be new "class armor".

[IMG]

In order from left to right...Berserker, Guardian, Monk, and Paladin.
  8. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"But its like christmas all over your going to have to wait to open your presents."

Personally I am not keen on just sitting back and waiting to see what they come out with. Maybe I like to know what is going on with my class. I think we should have at least some idea of what they have in store for us so we can give some input on it before it actually comes out on live servers rather than waiting around and then paying the money for the expansion only to find out it totally sucks and then be stuck with it until the next expansion.

"SoE will not be changing the type of armor Berserkers will be wearing. It was merely a picture to show off our new carcass hat."

But it doesn't make any sense. The bearskin hat looks stupid enough by itself but would look even dumber on someone wearing full platemail. Don't you realize that? Do you think they really expect us to refrain from wearing a chestpiece like the guy shown in that picture just so we can look that way? And look at his pants. They are CHAIN. That doesn't make any sense either. How do you picture someone wearing platemail greeves with no shirt and a bearskin hat?

The fact that he is holding a 2h axe means nothing. He is wearing chainmail greeves and no chestpiece. That is not a Berserker.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 01-20-200603:11 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

The fact they showed the berserker wearing non-plate is because it doesn't flatter the helm. If they put that berserker in full plate except for his new rug it would look rediculous, and rediculous doesn't sell. So they decked the guy out as they felt suited the hat to make it look "berserker-ish". The fact is, that hat has nothing to do with the EQ2 berserker. It honestly should be the mystic hat, mystics (ex-shaman) are whom i picture wearing animal skulls and bones. Because they displayed this toon as a berserker (2h axe) leaves us to speculate.

I dont beleive the NDA for KoS beta has been lifted, so i dont think you'll be seeing anyone posting screenshots until then. Best we can hope for now is that this joke is in-fact that, a joke. Mostly we can only speculate, but popular opinion is that this hat is the Berserker class helmet. Once the NDA has been lifted we'll find out more.

Notice in that pic Khalad posted in the first post, included pretty much the three most rediculous looking hats ever. Brigand (Hamburglar), Berserker and Wizard/Conjuror(comic relief)? They might be just posting the rejects of the new hats, or what they wont be doing to some classes.
  10. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"The fact they showed the berserker wearing non-plate is because it doesn't flatter the helm."

Exactly, that's why it doesn't make any sense. Because unless they are changing our class to a non-plate wearing class then we are always going to be wearing full platemail.

"If they put that berserker in full plate except for his new rug it would look rediculous, and rediculous doesn't sell."
    True but then neither does a total nerf on someone's class.
  11. ARCHIVED-Pegesus11 Guest

Pretty sure thats not a zerker in that pic. My best guess would be a Druid. Never once have i seen a zerker don leather armor. Nor will we for that matter.
  12. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I agree. The guy with the bearskin hat in the screenshot with the dragon is not a Berserker. It is anything but a Berserker. And the picture that shows the guy with the bearskin hat holding a 2h axe is just a mistake. Either that or they are granting the ability to wield a 2h axe to another class that does not currently have it. Maybe that is the new Bruiser Gi.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 01-20-200606:30 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Of course this is all speculation by all of is based on a few pics. Give is something to talk about at least, board is sometimes a lil slow. I don't think beta has started yet, I was under the impression that it started the 23Rd, at least this phase of beta. Then of course there will be the nda. I doubt the one pictured is a druid. Druids are supposed to be in touch with nature and natures protectors, so I can hardly see them slaugtering one of their furry friends to make a hat out of him. But hey, stranger things have happened.
  14. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

Hehe what you think a druid will wear a potted plant ontheir head :p ON a more serious note I know this is all speculationbut hopefully some of our more vocal community members will make it into beta and voice our concerns about the way we look if our speculations are true and hopefully can get something altered.
    I'd love to get some feedback from Blackguard here but I don't think I've seen any higher up response in the zerker forum in like 6 months +
  15. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

The armor on that Ogre that someone said is wearing the new SK hat in that picture I posted earlier is actually already in the game:

[IMG]

The chestpiece is called the Blighted Heart Guard. I just saw it today on a level 40 Pally :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

They are not "nerfing" the berserkers armor type. They are choosing to dress the classes up for the art pictures, to make the hats as "cool" as possible. If your taking this all at face value and think the berserker is now gunna wear chain or leather forever, shouldn't you be complaining that the brigand and the swashbuckler are wearing Cloth/leather hats??!?!

Seriously. I hope its a mystic hat and the 2h axe was a mistake. But i'd lend more credit to the axe then the leggings on the screenshot with the bear hat. Due to that axe in the picture, i feel that is very likely the berserker hat.

This does not mean we're going to be nerfed to leather, because the graphic on armor is absolutely meaningless of the actually stats. Sony could as easily attach a VLA graphic to something with 550 mitigation, as they would attach it to something with 70 mitigation.

Graphics != armor type.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    Message Edited by Mjollnyr on 01-21-200609:51 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Another thing to consider is the fact that there are some special items in the game right now that look like something they really are not. Take for example the new T6 fabled "tower sheilds" that Crusaders can use. They look exactly like tower sheilds but they really are not because only Warriors can use tower sheilds. These items are not labled as tower sheilds in their description but they look exactly like one when they are equipped. So now we have Pallies and SK's running around with what looks exactly like a tower sheild. I don't think it's right personally but that's what they did. And I know that at least one of these fake tower sheilds is in fact Crusader-only. So Berserkers and Guardians can't even use it at all. How about that?

So I believe it's entirely possible that the 2h axe that druid/shamman guy is holding in that pic is not a real 2h axe. It may be a rare class-specific fabled item that just looks like a 2h axe. And they may have posted that picture to impress druids or shammans (whichever one that guy turns out to be) into thinking that they are getting the ability to wield all 2h axes in the expansion.
  18. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

I completely agree, the axe could be a glitch, or the armor. Basically everyone is left to interprete it as you wish. As i said as you posted this, graphics != weapon/armor type.

Basically we can all argue back and forth, but until the NDA is lifted, we're only left to speculate.

We can only pray that this is infact the shaman/druid hat!
  19. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"until the NDA is lifted, we're only left to speculate."
    But they have already posted screenshots of what is obviously the Pally, Swash, and SK "professioin hats". I wanna to see the Zerker one dammit. :p
    "
    We can only pray that this is infact the shaman/druid hat!"
    LOL /agree

Message Edited by infernus006 on 01-22-200612:11 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-DaTreno Guest

I think I've figured out what's going on in that screenshot now that the NDA has been lifted. It looks like the character is a berserker, and the bear hat is our profession hat. From levels 60-70 there are new abilities, in particular:

65: Juggernaut (new ability, greatly lowers mitigation and resists, drains health, but provides much higher crit chance, requires berserk)

Now my guess is that when this ability is activated, chest armor disappears to represent graphically the dramatic reduction in mitigation and resists.

I believe that by choosing this option, SOE appeases both sides of the argument--those wanting the existing "plate armor look" and those wanting a more lore-inspired "naked berserker" look.

I could be wrong, if someone in beta can verify what the graphic effect of Juggernaut is, it could lay all this speculation to rest.