Berserker KOS Armor?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Khalad, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

This is not a Screen Shot of course, just some art from the KOS sight.

[IMG]

A Brigand Hamburgler is awesome, but as for the zerker, im kind of used to having the look of a plate tank. As cool as the pics look im wondering if they gonna go the barechested look for zerkers now. The profession armor was supposed to be helms and pauldrens for a more unique look.

Message Edited by Khalad on 01-17-200607:29 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Zaelicor Guest

So that's going to be the new look for my female gnome berserker. :smileysurprised:
  3. ARCHIVED-Tynan-CF Guest

Not entirely wrapped in the dead-animal-on-my-head look, but its not the end of the world if I can be scantily clad! :smileywink:
  4. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

I'll cry if that is what we are gonna look like. I really liked the helemt that has the Skull as the face plate that is sweet. And if my chest plate will no longer show i"m gonna be ticked. I may be forced to use our furious form of the bear cause I don't want to look like so wild man with a fur cap.
    If we weren't plate wearers that'd be 1 thing but since we are I I think we should designed with that in mind
  5. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Can make a plate helm with a bear head style look that will prob appease both sides pretty well. Imo. As for paldrens, maybe something with spikes or barbs or something. Make us look like we are in Kiss or Gwar or something.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lechacal Guest

I was wondering about that myself when I saw that pic on the Kos website. If we're going toward the half naked, enraged and drooling barbarian look, I know I'm set for a hard time with guildies' jokes.

Who wants a MT wearing a [Leather G-string of Rage] ?

Sigh.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dijitalis Guest

I think its a warden, infact im sure its a warden
    [IMG]

See the healing rings around the tank, and the only other guy in picture other than the tank is a scout
  8. ARCHIVED-scl Guest

And he's wearing Chain leggings and I think duel-wielding so I don't think it's a warden. Besides, Wardens are based around Wolves, it wouldn't make sense to give them a Bear-skin head piece.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dijitalis Guest

Those pants are leather, see t5 fabled leather drake hide tunic it has the same look as his trousers also those boots look the same as t5 augmented and t6 scaled.

He's definatly not dual wielding, see next screenshot, looks like hes holding a spatha, has same look as sandstorm.

Also the guy in the middle is casting, the black smoke around his feet, and looks like flaming skulls, are making me think its an shadowknight, whats confusing me is the fact the middle guy is "tanking" the mob so it surely cant be an SK :smileytongue:

[IMG]

I'll be very surprised if this is a zerker.
    Message Edited by Dijitalis on 01-18-200601:00 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Well, in the picture i linked, that axe says berserker no questions asked. The others leave some questions def. The naked zerker fits with lore as they really didn't wear armor. But SOE's zerker is simply an offensive warrior. We'll prob have to wait and see what they have in store for us.
  11. ARCHIVED-Renzai Guest

Sounds familiar, I remember a few complaints during the early stages of the game that the berzerkers didn't follow the lore detail. I sincerely hope that's not what they're trying to do. Really not interrested in becomin a midevil davey crockett
  12. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Thats a Berserker i hate to say, thats a bear hide skin on his head like the one in the shot Khalad posted.........as for Dual Weilding could he be using a Sandstorm and a bare fist weapon? Who really knows, but im 99% sure that is the Berserker look we will get in KoS seeing our class animal comaprison is a Bear, and that is a Bear skin on his head no doubt about it.
  13. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

All I have to say is that better not be what we are forced to look like in KoS or I will be very unhappy. I personally don't give a crap what "Berserkers" in lore were supposed to be since that is not the way SoE made them to be from the start. It's just not what we are in this game and when I made my Zerker I knew that and had that in mind and have lived that way for the past 10 months or so and I am happy with it. I am certainly not keen in the idea of totally revamping our class again, that's for sure. Because if that picture is true and we are going to be potrayed as "bare-chested" fighters that wear nothing but some bearskin on our heads then we are not going to be plate tanks anymore. It can't be just a look or it wouldn't make any sense. I cannot accept that either way and I would like a class respec if that's the way it's going to be, thank you.
  14. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Actually I don't think we have anything really to worry about. We all know know well enough that the concept art people draw for this game most often does not actually wind up getting put into the game at all. And check this out, I looked at some actual screenshots on the KoS site and in the PVP section here is what I saw:

[IMG]

A group of characters all wearing their AQ armor incuding a Zerker going at it right in the middle of QH. So it doesn't look like they are changing that at all, at least. And the AQ armor was designed specifically have a defining look that represents your class the way SoE intended it. Furthermore, I can hardly see going from level 20 to level 60 wearing full plate armor and then all of a sudden at level 61 not being able to wear it at all anymore just because some people think that a Berserker should be something totally different from what it was made to be in this game. That would be quite silly.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 01-18-200601:14 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Xakkoriz Guest

The heaviest armor Berserkers could wear in EQ1 was chain.... lol. If you do a google search for Berserker you get a pic. like this.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

^ My point being that is not what Berserkers are in this game. Never have been and IMO never will be. If that's the kind of Berserker you want to play then you are just going to have to find a different game. That's all there is to it. I personally do not want to play that kind of character and I do not want my level 60 character to be changed to fit that stereotype.
  17. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

But I am not really worried that they are actually going to do that. The character on the far left in this picture:

[IMG]

is clearly NOT a Berserker. I think it's more likely a Warden or a Fury (ie Druid) and in that case the bear hat makes sense since they are centered around nature. Or maybe it's a Mystic which don't forget also gets a bear form.
  18. ARCHIVED-Wiseman160 Guest

You know, when I made my berserker all we wore was leather. That was the berserker I thought I was getting.

Although I like my plate tank berserker now, I still feel that berserkers should not wear shirts at all, by the nature of the word's origin.

The bear hat buys into the myth that there is an actual association between berserkers and bears, but I'll take it anyway.
  19. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

As long as SOE gives us a choice between the two styles whether through a /showchest command or through armor choices, I'm all about having it in the game.
    I DO like my zerker the way he is now. Although I must say--I do like the idea of spikes or razors on our armor to accent the "crazy" warrior quality.
  20. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"You know, when I made my berserker all we wore was leather. That was the berserker I thought I was getting."

All fighters in the game wear leather to start with. Because that is all they can wear. And you weren't a Berserker then, you were only a fighter. As soon as you became a Berserker you gained the ability to wear plate armor. And may I remind you that all Berserkers do in fact still have the option to wear leather armor if they really want to. That was never taken away. So what is the problem? It seems like all you are asking is for all Berserkers to completely lose the ability to wear any plate armor. I'm not sure why you would really want that. And then how can you expect those of us who have played a heavy-armor wearing class for 40 levels to undergo such a drastic change like that just to suite your liking?
    I can tell you that if SoE does in fact change the Berserker in this game to something totally different from what it is right now, as in changing us from a heavy plate armor wearing tank to a no armor wearing dps class, then I will not want to be a Berserker anymore. And I will expect a full class respec in that case.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 01-18-200605:28 PM