Berserker HELP!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Drewdog, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Drewdog New Member

I'm a little stuck on my zerk. I have had a lot of people tell me different information and I don't know what to belive, I need info on gen casting order and the cap on the stats I need and just info about adornments on my gear that I have! any info would help
  2. Soloder New Member

For cap of stats I suggest www.eq2library.com. as for casting order, I suggest you play with it and see what works for you. Plenty of posts about adornments you should get an idea.
  3. Fairin Active Member

adornments are wantia, 3 sets of purple adorns *8 in total are good* astral dom / bolstered attrib / ethereal runes required.

bolstered endurance doesnt give all that much hp considered anymore i found out.

yes i agree on figuring out your own rotation / priority attacks on a training dummy yourself, as not everyone shares that info and plays that class kind of thing. (i dont, so i dont know kind of thing)
  4. Tooloose Active Member

Attach your berserker's name and server so I can look you up online. This will allow me to offer advice on adorns and other things.

I would offer more in this reply but a zerk is a very versatile class. Except for healing and warding others, the zerk is the Swiss army knife of fighters.

Tell me a little bit about your playstyle and once I find out your stats and etc via eq2u.com, I'll be able to point you in the direction of places to get items and etc etc.

We can continue this conversation here or in PMs, up to you. But I saw this after I replied to your invoice.
  5. Drewdog New Member

on that site it has a set of adornments I should use, is that up to date and good to use
  6. Tooloose Active Member

www.eq2library.com is up to date with stat caps and has a bit more Indepth description of stats. I haven't bothered looking around their adornments section but the best adornments I've seen so far are the fabled Ascension set adornments. Better than the ethereal crafted ones too. See:

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/item_sear...Berserker/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1

The tips and tricks I sent you in my most recent reply are for becoming a raid tank or dungeon delver who is capable of holding agro against anybody so long as a mechanic isn't interfering. With the last parts of my info, you'll pump out numbers more and more, and eventually the monotony of being an undergeared tank will leave. Just remember this though, although abilities are most of the job, a pro will be skilled enough to make use of auto attacks, which leads to numerous outcomes depending on your build and items.

Contingency is something you should keep in mind in case you'd abilities are unusable like I'd also mentioned in our PM.

Some of the other finer details I left out because I would rather you get the gist of it so it's clear you aren't lost on words and that I'm not rambling aimlessly. If you decide to reply and your reply shows some understanding, we can go from there and get into the finer points of the berserker.

I will say though, the best teacher is applied techniques used in the thick of ****. Anyone can get the best gear as a tank, press buttons, and come out alright; however, trial by fire teaches you important lessons. I'm not saying suffering as a player while learning your class will make you better... Instead, if you get tired of mediocre output and think you can become more than your stats and skill permit, you'll find your way so long as you know where you want to go.

If you want to be a tank, be a tank. If you want to do damage, build for damage. If you want both, then you've got the best part of living. The only sad part is usually you're required to choose one or the other and usually nobody wants a zerk as dps in their group. So like I've said in previous threads which you've probably read as well as our inbox, put in some time as a tank. Let that be your training wheels and how you make your presence known amongst others so when you get more gear, you can apply for an off tank position in the lower raid zones, and then work your way up to main tank for the same zones. Meanwhile, you get to kick rocks in group 3 for the top tier raids and catch the scraps the tanks don't need.

In this, you'll be all the more ready to realize the berserker playstyle you want for yourself. If you haven't already, get Advanced Combat Tracker and optimize it for yourself.

Examine yourself as you go along and when you're done for the day, find a dummy, and set the bar on it. You'll see truth behind skill.

The berserker is running amok incarnate as was intended in its design. Use everything in perfect harmony, and you'll see its full potential.

If I had to describe the berserker... A candle lit on both sides burns twice as bright and half as long. Find the balance and the rate at which it melts stops almost entirely.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Got a MT in our guild who is a berserker. He is better geared than me but still decently outdoes my SK set up for dps, but that's how we run. We run for fun. As long as boss dies and we don't, we don't worry about dps, but I do decently well (for my guild). Just try things, get advice and try it out to see how it is for YOU. One persons top performing setup may not work for you. You have to find a balance that fits your style in the class, after all.

Good luck! And have fun killing every thing that moves (except your party members!). Let the necros and SKs "kill" your party members!

*laughs as I slip into the shadows casting Feign Death on the healer as I fade away*