Berserker Help - Returning player.. so lost

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Soldinar, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Soldinar New Member

Hey everyone,

A few friends of mine recently started playing EQ2 again and I joined up with them on my Berserker from like 12 years ago and to say the least.. I have no idea what I'm doing. I've played a lot of mmo's before.. but good god have things changed in 12 years. On top of that there are a LOT of abilities even before all the AA's and deities.. etc etc. For a bit my friends let me just run around with them, but now they are switching to other characters and asking me to tank. I want to learn how! But I'm not finding a good like "make sure you do this, then this" or "if you're going to tank you have to have this AA". I'm hoping someone here can walk me through how to tank as a berserker, and give me a good rotation to go by.. or AA build path.. or something.

I'm currently 47, and have around 120 aa's since I'm force to do 50% into AA's . My name is Dexa and I'm on Halls of Fate if you'd like to message me. I'll take any help I can get !

Thanks !
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

It's complicated because at tour level with the right gear u coukd easily tank in off stance

Tanking is all about pulling mobs, placing them so always so they show their back to the dps and preferably their back facing the cleaned parts of the zones. So u get the aggro for an add.
    The use your taunts and attacks to build agro and use your temps defensive buffs.

If fighting grouos, switch to each mobs to be sure they all target u.

Other than that it's practice. Spells are clear. Read and u'll know what to do. Knowledge comes with practice
  3. Tooloose Active Member

Although things have changed dramatically since you've been gone, some things become very ambiguous once you start to reach the last two tiers.

I recommend that you reach max level crafting first. Preferably as an armorer or an alchemist. You'll need it for a quest which gives an end game item.

There's also a quest called Epic Repurcussions that you can start at level 85. You'll want to do that on every character you plan on using in end game content.

Other than that... I forget the name of the zones and quests, but there's an entire expansion that offers some amenities you might want. It's level 95 content.

As for your AAs, until you start hitting the higher levels, it really doesn't matter. Play the way you want to play. Although some people think I'm trolling, I've given out my zerk AA template to many, and all have replied within hours singing praise on my tips.

When you get to end game content, shoot me a message and I'll help you out with some things you've missed. Until then, just take it slow with your berserker, and have some fun. Things are going to change immensely once you come across better stats and so on. Then you get into the new expac and you get smacked around some.

Anyways, the game changes entirely, and more room is given end game. Like I said above, enjoy the game till then, and start storing up your resources. I'll send you a message with three berserker AA specs, bookmark them.
  4. Tooloose Active Member

If you're low on platinum and can't get gear for yourself, make some friends in a casual but popular guild. Express your interest in end game content. Let them know your situation and I'm sure they'll give you a hand and pointers once you get there.

When you hit level 95 and above, your stats and strength increases immensely as well as your potential to go back to dungeons from previous expansion and slap them around for lunch money like Mike Tyson could do to a quadraplegic.

Zones like this are the RoK and TSO raid zones. There's also a dungeon in Moors of Ykesha that gives you 12 plat just for killing the second boss. I forget the name of it but if you're ever tired of questing and other stuff and want to make some quick change while sight seeing things you'll never get any benefit from doing other than money when you're broke, this is a fun way to see the norrathian world.

I wouldn't recommend doing this forever as there are much better ways once you get to the end game content and are able to play with the big kids... But it'll serve as a nice release and good academic course for your rebirth into eq2