Berserker Epic Ideas!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Eriku, May 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

[p]repeating my thread from elsewhere: [/p][p]A b-a-s-t-a-r-d (censored if spelled normally) sword would be great for us berserkers.[/p][p]You should be able to wield it as a two-handed sword offering more damage and less defense and as a one-handed sword with more defense qualities combined with a shield. Maybe together with two buffs, i.e. weapon stances transforming the b-a-s-t-a-r-d sword into a two- or onehanded sword.[/p][p]Let us pray they do NOT give us a two-handed AXE. They should rather change the symbol then following this random symbol. A zerker is more a tank than anything else. So pls give us sth. usuable in TANKING (group and raid).[/p][p]Or simply offer a choice when receiving your epic reward (maybe with the same stats, procs, etc). So people liking and people hating this or that kind of weapon would be satisfied.[/p][p]For guardians there might be equipment 100% made for tanking. The berserkers' equipment should at least be 90% suitable for tanking. We are no DDs, we cannot resurrect dead, we have no other supporting abilities. WE ARE STRAIGHT TANKS. [/p][p][size="medium"]So please, SOE, don't disturb this concept. Think twice before giving us two-handed weapons making us tank worse while DDs like assassins still laugh at us trying to do "damage".[/size][/p][p][size="medium"]Or just make crucial things optional/selectable: [/size][/p][p][size="medium"]* kind of weapon[/size][/p][p][size="medium"]* 1-2-handed[/size][/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Due to the KoS AA tree and the weapon requirements for each line, I also hope they offer a choice. I've always liked the *look* of 2H weapons vs a 1H and buckler. The functionality just isn't there. They could make one heck of a 2H with effects like a fixed 10% riposte rate to make up for the loss of a buckler. I just don't see how they would possibly make up for the loss of 76% double attack. That would be an insane effect to put on a single weapon.
  3. ARCHIVED-bambinu Guest

I do agree with most of u that if the epic weapon is a 2H it will probably hit the zerker community pretty hard. I myself would love a massive (non-lumber chopping :wink: ) 2H axe but I also understand that in-game with a 2H with the current AAs the zerker is practically useless as the proper role for a zerker in-game should be as a tank or off-tank. However my question arises here. Who uses 2H weapons coz it seems that no class solely focuses on them? Are 2H weapons just fodder for transmuters?
  4. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

[p]99% sure we'll get an axe. Perhaps the only choose will be the the wielding type ( 1h, 2H or DW ), but I'm almost sure we'll get an axe.[/p][p]Anyway, epic won't be the only weapon, and for the one who don't like it, you'll need to raid.[/p][p]As bambinu, i'll wish that 2H way will be better than now.[/p][p] [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

I see talk in some of the other threads about the epic weapons being usable by, and meeting the requirements of, any AA line. I'm sure that only would apply to weapon requirements, and not the buckler. So, if it was an axe, you could still use Accelerated Strike in the INT line.
  6. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

[p]There is a chance that they will not follow the official class symbols and that we HOPEFULLY do NOT get a two-handed axe. Would a warlock get a hand with a flame? Would a monk get a ying-yang symbol?[/p][p][size="small"]They should rather change the berserker's official symbol. Maybe into the horned "viking" class helmet (just like the shadowknight's class helmet for the sk).[/size][/p][p]Please, SOE, make the berserker a better tank. More defense please. Or increased offense while NOT reducing defense. Or some features that you usually associate with "berserkers": resistant to any damage for a short time while really making damage.[/p][p]And if there really leads no way around a two-handed axe, for the sake of the gods, PLEASE give it a good-looking model with good proportions. Make it "real" and neither exaggerated nor looking boring.[/p][p]Or make it that way, when wearing this axe the berserker has the same defense qualities as if wearing a shield but with slightly increased offensive qualities. Please do not exchange one disadvantage against another disadvantage.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

[p]You should better change class and go guardian then...[/p][p]I don't mind if we get more defensif AA, but I want more offensif AA for 2H and even for DW. But if we get this, it shouldn't raise our tank ability at the same time, as for the bluckler line AA.[/p][p] Berzerkers are meant to be offensif tank, in all other game and EQ1 zerks were DPS. Axe fit with the zerks as it's a pure brutal weapon. Anyway as I said you'll still be able to wear an other weapon than the epic one and they might be some weapon better.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Darkhain@Venekor wrote:
    [p]A really good time to do that is the release of RoK. You can keep all your equipment (maybe except the EoF raid set items) and 'only' need to add the masters 67-70 and the specials if they don't get a T8 update.[/p][p]Concerning the epic weapons. Maybe the player should be able to select the MODEL of the weapon with each model having the same stats.[/p][p]2h choice = 2h axe, sword, hammer[/p][p]mages' choice = dagger, 1h staff, 2h staff (different stats 1h - 2h)[/p][p]Or whatever...[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

I don't think you'll have the choose of the weapon type, but perhaps the choose of 1H or 2H.
  10. ARCHIVED-Arcrival Guest

Some good ideas here. I think there definatly needs to be alot of thought put into the creation of epic weapons across the board. A progressive build which has been pointed out by dev's is an awesome idea. I think the option to to choose between a sword/axe/hammer and 1h or 2h will be as far as it goes in that area. Hopefully the lore of Berserkers will be the driving force here. Berserkers were warriors that had the ability to enter a frenzied state and inflict massive damage on the battle field while sustaing mortal wounds. After the battle or there frenzied stage subsided many died. I think darkhaim (sp) said it best earlier the axe symbol for us was picked because it is a symbol of pure brutality. We would of got the old crossed sword if we were a finesse class. That being said back in those days the warriors weren't neccessarily wealthy either so many probably used an axe or an ox goad (long staff w/ a metal blade on one end to remove mud from a plow blade and a spear or pike type point on the other to poke and drive the oxen). I imagine very few had a 2hsword ( leg chopper 8) let alone a nicely crafted 1hander. As far as in game though a 2hander would just suck *** I haven't found a 2hndr I would use yet over my 1hndr and a buckler not to mention the def/avoid loss you go down like a (insert your own saying) if you are the pick up on a raid. I would like to see some aa or class improvments in general we got hit w/the nerf bat back befor Desert expansion and haven't been looked at much since. Course w/ talk of pallies getting group amends heh tanking choices are going to get slim.
  11. ARCHIVED--Mummel- Guest

i just really want the option of a 1h spear, there are nearly no fabled spears in eq2, always swords and hammers...
  12. ARCHIVED-AnAnimatedcorpse Guest

[p] I use buckler/spear combo myself, currently I am just stuck with the velium short spear from DT- but man does it look great! Mostly started using spear at level 20ish for RP reason, was a 2-hander called Pritchett's Fork from RoV (memories!). At this point I wish it wasn't so hard upgrading the damn thing.[/p][p] Personally, I don't mind axes at all. As long as our epic is brutal and devastating, I think my berserker will be happy all the same. I would like to see 2-handers put to better use, no matter how impractical they are in real-life...[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

[p]What I reckon would be the way to go for such a class item, would be to have choices at the reward stage. [/p][p]Initially I dare we'll have to perform almost random kill duties, ostensibly to get the various parts or just to appease the NPC that'll reward us, and that's fine. But instead of at the end, having a list of item rewards as if the NPC has them all already waiting for us, have it that we've quested for the blade, and the end stage is for them to mount it as a weapon for us. [/p][p]Keras McDoodad asks "Would you like that with a haft, handle, pole, or what?"[/p][p]Reply, "I'd like that as a sword/axe/spear/hammer"[/p][p]Keras asks "How big d'ya wan't it?"[/p][p]I'd like to Dual-Weild/like it One-Handed/like a massive Two-Hander.[/p][p]It's just, having a list of items to choose from that they seemingly already have, it does take away some of awe and sense of achievement. And it is an epic quest after all. [/p][p]I'd only suggest choices because of the way the AP's and different playstyles suggest our variety of weapon choices. Not just weapons, but weilds too. The zerker of EQ1 had a two-handed axe, but our zerkers are not the same - different armour and weapon choices - to be bound by that two-handed-axe as a nod to the old game would be cute, but do a massive disservice to the zerkers of this game. [/p][p]Though, my AP choices favour axes anyway, so if the default zerker-axe-only option is deemed by SOE the way to go, I'll be less scuppered than many. I'd still be a bit though, as I favour the one-handed variety.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Mithrull Guest

I think they'll definitely be taking into account our primary roles so look for some 1h Axe with an AE + HP proc that drips blood.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mithrull Guest

And for that reason it'll NEVER happen. It would be appalling to hear an NPC ask a question as though we were ordering a fast-food meal. These are truly fabled items with detailed lore tied to each of them. These aren't things some lazy NPC has stored in a trunk. I think people who suggest going this route probably never played EQ which is after all what we are drawing from here.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mithrull Guest

Kemt@Venekor wrote:
    I'm afraid this is a case where choices must give way to the integrity of the world and its lore. And while everyone may want their epic, not everyone will get it. It's not going to be considered the right of every player to have one and you can expect them to be considerably more rare than any heritage item. So long as the developers don't balance a large amount of content assuming the presence of 24 epics, feeling **** because you don't have one will say more about the players expectations of themselves than anything else.
  17. ARCHIVED-Razan89 Guest

I think the issue isn't the 'type' of weapon but the wield (as many of you have said) I'm really pulling for a 1Hander of any type, be it sword, hammer, axe, spear, rock, whatever. I suppose that making the Epic a two-hander or dual wield is hurtful to the Zerker because when tanking w/ a shield then our DPS will suffer. If we're an offensive tank, then we should be able to tank and still be offensive. I just don't see that happening without the ability to wear some sort of shield.
  18. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

[p] Hehe, I rather though it was less like ordering a fast-food meal than exactly like ordering a weapon made to suit our specifations. And thought I made it plain enough I'd played EQ1, mentioning the zerker of EQ1 and the NPC Keras. But again, I wouldn't suggest drawing too heavily from EQ1 at the expense of the gameplay for this game. The zerkers of this game are already different enough, able to don plate and tote other than 2handers only. [/p][p]But with the weapon and AA changes it's a moot point I reckon. I daresay it shant matter about weapon type. AA's not being limited to weapon type, we can just get the axe that follows zerker imagery. No need for a duel-weild choice either anymore eh. It would be nice to choose between a 1 and 2 hander, but who uses a 2hander eh. Guess I'm looking forward to a nice 1handed axe now. As long as the design deficient SOGA team don't work on it I'm sure it'll be a beaut. :)[/p][p] [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Mithrull Guest

"And do you want fries with that? What size? And what type of drink? Would you like a hot apple pie for desert?" :p
  20. ARCHIVED-Ponos Guest

[p]Personally, when I think of berserkers, I think of Conan the Barbarian. And anyone who's seen the movie knows -- Conan was all about the 2h greatsword.[/p][p]If somehow the devs can make 2h weapons a viable option, then I would like our epic weapon to be a 2h greatsword. [/p][p]Bucklers just look wimpy. They don't scream berserker to me. I hate that I'm "forced" to use one to maximize my DPS without suffering a big hit to defense.[/p][p]Also, if they can make DW also viable (and they look like they're taking a step in the right direction by making all DW 1h), I wouldn't mind running around with 2 axes. That's also pretty badass.[/p]