Berserker Epic Ideas!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Eriku, May 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Eriku Guest

[p]What do you all think the Zerker epic will be like? Or what do you want it to be like?[/p][p]1 Hander? 2 Hander? (Not even going to say Dual Wield..)[/p][p]Axe? Sword? Club? .......Dagger?[/p][p]What kind of proc or abilities could it have?[/p][p]What do you think? Personally I'm hoping for a 1 hander.. or a weapon that can switch from 1 hander to 2, so everyone gets something they can use. And it would be an axe most likely, it IS our symbol, so why not?[/p][p]Discuss![/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-ducey Guest

[p]maybe eq1 warrior style? duel 1handers which can be made into 2 hander if i remember right?[/p][p] [/p][p]that would rock. [/p][p] [/p][p]personally i'd love a huge 2hand sword or axe, maybe choice of 4 so people can take the type they want. (sword, axe, spear, hammer)[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p]or epic buckler :p[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-bambinu Guest

For me I would love a massive two handed axe.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

Absolutely positively do not want a cliche 2h axe. Axes are for chopping lumber. You can't possibly get a much less defensively capable weapon than a two-handed axe. If I had my way I'd be using a Scutum and a Partisan. Second choice would be a Buckler/Trident. I like shields and spears, but right now swords are more than head and shoulders beyond any other weapon type and will stay there as long as Acceleration Strike exists. Edit: Don't even want to consider using DW weapons.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

If you consider our EoF AAs and the KoS spell it will probably be a 2hander axe with a -100def/parry, -1k mitigation and +5 % crit proc plus maybe 1k hate gain and 10 focus debuff on the mob.
  6. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Char@Antonia Bayle wrote
    [p] The most axes in the game are really ugly and overdimensional. The model of e.g. the one handed fabled Shadow Axe, or whatever it is in English; is acceptable.[/p][p]So lets hope they don't exaggerate it. Just look at a normal axe at your home you use to cut lumber blocks. Even such an axe is quite clumsy to use in combat. A good size would be like the axe displayed while gathering wood ingame; maybe the shaft a bit longer. But please without those exaggerated blades weighting tons.[/p][p]Even the fabled Qeynos Claymore looks really rediculous - 2 metres long with a totally exaggerated blade's width.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-MailFist Guest

[p]I want something large, phallic and menacing...[/p][p]BUT...[/p][p]If you want us to be a serious component of the warrior archetype, please make it half decent for tanking.[/p][p]I dunno... big axe with a block/riposte chance ... +def/parry?[/p][p]Either that or add some ridiculous knockdown proc ranged with gibe (have scientifically measured gibe with cyclone to be a little over 4km radius). So at least we can have some fun with it...[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-RaunII Guest

[p]oh please of please dont be a two handed axe or spear...heck, i would rather have dual wield than one of them. what bothers me the most about dual wield is that you would think two blades would do more damage than a 1 handed weapon, but with the way our combat arts and AA's are set up, we parse significantly lower with dual wield, while i wouldnt mind having two swords hanging off me, I REALLY hope they dont give it to us, unless they re-do the warrior AA's so that we actually get a bunus for it.[/p][p]As much as I hate axes, I really shouldnt have made a berserker...because thats what we are being forced to wear...a one handed axe and a buckler...good lord I hate the dinner plate.[/p][p]The least they can do if they make me wear a freaking axe is give me a buckler that actually looks like more than a dinnerplate or monks class hat...[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

[p]Berserkers are more for tanking than anything else! At least as OFFtank when there is a guardian in the raidcom.[/p][p]I hope they regard this and don't present such a stupid and senseless crap like the berserker's current +10 health reg with the EoF fabled set.[/p][p]I vote for a one handed weapon whose extraordinarity is not limited to non-tanking situations.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

I laughed because this is true. I use Juggernaut less than I use Unyielding Will. We got some very low quality low thought out things in EoF. That's why when I read they're going to look into touching various aspects of achievements up, my interest was raised.
  11. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Maybe a weapon that can be morphed to use 1 handed, 2 handed or as a pair of dual wields depending on the wielder's preference along with a little retooling of the AA trees to make dual wield and two handed viable options. I love buckler spec, but I gotta say it gets a little tiresome seeing just about every warrior (and I'd say 99% of berserkers) using buckler and 1-h. Being able to dual wield or 2-hand and still do good DPS would be cool. Then being able to switch off to 1-h mode for tanking would rock. To me the best thing about our class is versatility- being able to do good DPS and then switch right over to full tank mode without losing a beat. It would be nice if the devs saw it the same way. Oh and if maybe they can have someone that actually plays a berserker looks at any and all berserker gear, that'd be great so we don't end up with more crap-tastic stuff like our fabled set bonuses.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

This is likely going to be an unpopular thing to say, but the last thing they need to do is provide morphable weapons. Morphable weapons are one of the lamest cop-outs possible. Why? Because instead of offering players many valid options and making it a gameplay choice, they give the players an item that is adaptable and may be penultimate or ultimate in performance in all aspects. Ultimately, every character of a class desires the item, and it becomes staple, expected, and any player straying from that is perceived as ****. Choices are what make the game fun. Something that is "undoable" and "redoable" like a morphing weapon only serve to weaken long-term character differentiation and development. That's poor balance. The last thing anyone wants to see is singular gear templates for each and every class. Hopefully they get itemization right this time around, and we don't have items like Grizzfazzle's stick dominating an entire archetype. They should provide concrete choices of epic weapons. If you want to be a 2h weapon user, get the 2h weapon. 1h, or dw, choose those. In no way shape or form should you get the equivalent of 4 ultimate weapons for one quest. No quest could be made difficult enough. That being said, there should be copy-paste versions of the weapons. For example: Berserker Epic 1h Axe: 50 STR 50 STA 50 AGI 100 Damage Rating (not for real but imagine) Berserker Epic 1h Sword: 50 STR 50 STA 50 AGI 100 Damage Rating (Copy/paste) Berserker Epic 1h Trident: 50 STR 50 STA 50 AGI 100 Damage Rating (etc) Because as it stands right now all they would have to do is make our epic weapon(s) a rapier and it would suck. I would be very disappointed to see Berserkers cliche-stereotype-pigeonholed into using axes. Axes are -not- very effective weapons, just like dual-wielding is an incredibly ineffective fighting style period. MMOs and fantasy books romanticize dual-wielders and 2h weapon users, but that aside, I'd like to just stick with a good shield and a pole-arm. I do however agree that they need to reincentivize the achievement lines from KoS. But that's another thread entirely.
  13. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

anyone wishing for a 2 hander should either a) get a clue learn to play b) cancel their subscription c) stop insulting the berzerker class and roll a monk if you want a 2hander. if we are being screwed again next expansion (EoF set gear = ****, eof AA = ****) SOE will loose a lot of their subscriber. 2hander are crap we are tanks we cant afford not to use a shield when tanking unlike brawler. for better idea than the 2hander fanboy check eq2flame-berserker
  14. ARCHIVED-bambinu Guest

A post straight from the EU Wow forum. Welcome.
  15. ARCHIVED-ducey Guest

[p]an epic tanking set maybe?[/p][p]And dps plate set would maybe be a nice touch, especially for guilds who have 2 tanks, means their 3rd or such could gather items with good str, int etc and have small bonuses, like 6% dps on boots, gloves come with magic proc dmg, or passive bonuses for using certain weapons, such as 10% aoe on 2handers, 4% double atk for bucklers, 20dps for duel weild or such, and each could be on a different part. such as the 2hander bonus on chest, the 1hander on legs, the duelweild on shoulders, and the remaining parts give small additions as said in dps or haste or such. [/p][p](Think kind of like the pvp armor, but for pve, giving a nice boost to dps zerks who dont tank and thus sacrifice a small bit of survival for increased damage)[/p][p]it would allow people the choice to go dps zerker if they wanted. and swap weapon type if they wished. and also allow SOE to make a full dps 3 set 5set and 7 set bonus aimed only for dpsing.[/p][p] [/p][p]only suggestion.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

Looking at another thread it seems the class specific weapons are going to be high end legendary ... So it may simply be that the weapons are not highly desirable in the end, anyway.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Legendary maybe at start, but i bet that later, or atleast final form of Epic will be fabled.
  18. ARCHIVED-bambinu Guest

[p]
    [/p][p] posted from the original transcript of the interview. [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

Ah, that's not so bad. Guess that's what I get off second-hand threads. I have to wonder what kind of PVP gear we'll get on PVP servers. If they put out the equivalent of a level 80 Sword of Runic Omens I'll be all over that ASAP. It still stands in the top 5 weapons in the entire game as far as 1hs go for Warriors.
  20. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Wow what an incredibly helpful and informative post /sarcasm I'm no 2-hander fanboy as you put it. Everyone with half a clue knows 2 handers suck for warriors right now. That's not even a question any more. My point is I'd like to see a little versatility instead of having only one viable option. We all know dual wield and 2 hander specs are both inferior in DPS and tanking to 1-h/buckler, my point is that maybe when they're reworking the AAs they can give us some viable options so the majority of zerkers aren't just a cookie cutter spec without nerfing the buckler line to uselessness. As for the second part of your post, I agree the Fabled set bonuses are an absolute joke and whoever made them had no clue. I wouldn't say our EoF AAs are totally useless, but we definately didn't get anything spectacular either.