Berserker DPS change info - Numbers here.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Wuushu, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Diaboliq Guest

Grim, I usually had stacked berserk states from focused rage and bloodlust, until it's staying up for multiple procs it will be hard to see if that was nerfed. I have seen the berserk from the new taunt stacked on that from focused rage, but thats a different effect.
  2. ARCHIVED-Grimgore Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Just thought I'd open your eyes to the reality of this game. Guardians do more DPS than wizards from levels 10-22 and levels 37-50. Doing guardian DPS actually isn't bad. Guardians are very underated in the DPS department. When they attempt to do DPS, they aren't even that far behind monks.
  4. ARCHIVED-asteldian Guest

The fact that doing DPS equal to a guardian isnt bad DPS at all isnt the issue, the fact that doing the same DPS and having inferior hp/AC and tanking ability means we are a class of no use
  5. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

Thats all kind of the point tho isn't it? So many people keep saying that Bloodlust was screwed up, needed fixed, and we should expect to be where we are. But without being in almost a constant state of Berserk a Berserker does on par damage with a Guardian....

Yet a Guardian has higher AC/HP due to their powerset, and better damage mitigation.

Which when you combine the Bloodlust, the DPS reduction, the Damage Mitigation reduction, the nerfing of our level 50 ability, the nerfing of Blood Rage a few weeks ago, I simply do not see the justification. I see the changes they are making as being 100% unbalancing, and biased towards a single class.

What I see justification of is SOE changing the discription of Bloodlust, removing the agro component of going Berserk and leaving it at that.

Then you have Guardians/SK's/Paladins being able to taunt off Zerkers in groups where they are the MT, and you leave Berserkers as what they are listed and supposed to be in everything put out by SOE relating to the class, the best DPS of the non monk tank classes.

Their solution, blindly changing a skill to match a discription which it has never matched and not even considering the effects to the class, or the class's overall balance and effectiveness was foolish. Just because Bloodlust was working the reverse that it was discribed to do, does not mean that the discribed way of having it perform was the more balanced. Bloodlust was not a skill that started performing wrong a few weeks ago, so far as I know it has ALWAYS worked backwords, in which case I do not see that you can simply change it to be what it is discribed as without some serious serious thought and looking at the class as a whole.

Frankly things were pretty well balanced, the only thing that needed changed was the agro.

Personally my feeling is if I'm going to have Zerk go off so much less, then it SHOULD be a agro.

Vanessa
  6. ARCHIVED-Arsenal Guest

Maybe a different perspective on this issue might help - ask yourself, "Should one skill give me a 40% increase in DPS?".

Most people would say No... unless you are very low in level.

Classes should scale up in power one level at a time, with each skill being useful and adding to that classes power. The fact that people are talking about the class being unplayable due to one skill being broken for a couple days says something about this class... YOU NEED MORE USEFUL SKILLS!

I think you are barking up the wrong tree arguing for Bloodlust to be restored. By the very parse logs shown here, you can pretty much confirm that the skill may have been the single most powerful skill in the game. A 40% DPS increase with ONE skill - holy cow! No way SOE will bring it back like it was. That doesn't mean the class is "fixed" though - you need to start arguing for your other underpowered and broken skills to be fixed in order to regain your power.
  7. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

Eh our entire class is based and built around being Berserk. If you remove it, there is nothing to define the class.

With nothing to define the class, it sinks to the lowest end of the scale. Every other tank class has something that defines them.

Personally I see no issue, none, with being Berserk almost all the time in fights. The issue was not that with ANY class that I saw, no one was complaining about Berserker damage that I remember.

They were complaining it was impossible to get agro from a Berserker due to Berserk counting as a buff and gaining MOB agro.

I have 0 problem with Berserk not causing agro.

I do have a problem with nerfs that no one asked for. I have a problem with ANY nerf, when so many 20+ skills simply do not function correctly and need fixed.

Vanessa
  8. ARCHIVED-Quillo Guest

Bloodlust doesnt increase DPS by that much directly actually.

IF you were a beserker you'd understand, bloodlust does in a way add DPS by increasing offense skills.

The DPS is gained from being in a beserk state,which bloodlust allowed us to do,sadly most of the other skills that cause beserk don't work,leaving very few options.

Point being,we need bloodlust because other stuff is borked.
  9. ARCHIVED-Arsenal Guest

Or you just need your other stuff to be fixed. I still think my point is valid that no class should ever be so completely dependent on one particular skill.
  10. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

Well which do you think is more likely? That SOE will over the short term fix many broken skills or that we could possibly get one skill made useful again?

From what i've seen so far I put my money on asking for something thats plausable.

Vanessa