Berserker DPS change info - Numbers here.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Wuushu, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

I did. It helped a little. Would help more if we got an upgrade..
  2. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Adapting is one thing, taking it up the rear with no lube is another. These changes/adjustments were NOT tested, let go live, and people are upset. Go finsh your "glass of half full happiness."
  3. ARCHIVED-Keethe Guest

the sky is falling! the sky is falling! sorry I was on the wrong bandwagon...0.o
    they have done a "big mistake" every patch and rolled the ability back to a slightly lesser version of it then everyone is happy again....car dealers do the same thing.
    the price is 20000, they show you a sticker price of 30000, you balk and panic, then they "work you a deal" for 25000 and your all happy about it...they still screwed you over but you've totally forgotten about the 20000 price because they shocked you with the high one. they have done that to some ability every patch then said ooops and rolled it back to a slightly lesser effective version of it so they can nerf it while psychologically you all see it as being "fixed". they nerf you and you love them for it, did any of you overhyper panicers ever think they had planned that all along...they know what the numbers are, they know what the code does...
    If noone had complained they would have changed it back to a more useable version anyways. This just makes them look like the fixers instead of the nerfers.
    Message Edited by Keethe on 01-07-2005 12:21 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Jherad Guest

Wow, nice troll. Yep, I'm a sucker for even responding, but hey....

Hope you feel all mighty on your uber podium - I bow before your prowess. For us mere peons down here however, we were less than eager to take it up the backside and embrace the bloodlust change.

Whilst you are preaching about searching for Theyne's combat logs, you might also want to do a search for some of the <lvl30 people at the time who posted their own opinions on the subject. Or is Theyne your chosen deity now?

Thankfully, more sensible minds than yours have prevailed, and the bloodlust changes are being revisited. May the berserker class regain some of its potential - no thanks to the sickening fanboyism for some quarters.
  5. ARCHIVED-Keethe Guest

The herd is going that way Jherad...don't fall behind, you'll have to think on your own.

"Whilst you are preaching about searching for Theyne's combat logs, you might also want to do a search for some of the <lvl30 people at the time who posted their own opinions on the subject. Or is Theyne your chosen deity now"

I was one of the under 30 people that actually tested blood rage...He was right.
    Message Edited by Keethe on 01-07-2005 12:23 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Jherad Guest

As was I... He was right, you were wrong :) Pity you hadn't grasped the power of independant thought back then, and instead felt the need to hang on to Theyne's coat tails.
    Bloodrage is almost useless at the level it is awarded; only once you start to approach lvl 30 does it come into its own now.
    Care to play some more, or are you done trolling yet?
  7. ARCHIVED-Keethe Guest

I used it from the time it was awarded until now, only time it didn;t work well was when I mistakenly was using it with bloodlust which it doesn't stack with. Independant thought is being able to make your own decision not going with what the rest of the crowd is saying. You have a gift for irrelevance dwarfed only by your sense of misplaced righteousness.

You ask me if I want to "play" more and ask if I am done trolling? Yet in both instances you are following the bandwagon response of the crowd. please enlighten me as to how I am clinging to someone's coattails by agreeing with them once when you can't lift your head from the herd. Your ineptness is making me remember why I so often chose not to comment on these boards. Can't argue with someone who is incapable of realizing that their way is not the only way.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dirtbeard Guest

My fingers got cramped scrolling up looking for a post that wasn't a flame with no useful content.

Hopefully we'll get some moderation in here soon.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jherad Guest

Ah, the joy. Only independent if you do it, I guess. And only following the herd if it is someone else :)
    Well, I'll be sure to remember your nice 'special' place in the Berserker community. Apparently you seem to believe that the majority is always incorrect because it is the majority, so far better to be the lone wolf. What a romantic heroic figure you must be, braving the odds and spurning 'common' opinion. A genius just waiting to be discovered, no doubt.
    However, inept as I apparently am, for fear of completely hijacking this worthy thread I'll leave you to your ranting. Unless you wish to continue this fine discussion in IMs of course :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Grimgore Guest

ok.. lets say bloodrage is working better at the 30 lvl range.. I tend to group with chanters so I don't work my AE's.. so my damage is seriously lowered until the Berserk proc is working better.. On those special occasions when I have no CC an some extra healing, I'll break out BR and give it a whirl..
  11. ARCHIVED-Keethe Guest

Pardon me for the derailing, have taken it to IM's.

but to clarify, since apparently my point was missed.

YES the change to bloodlust was too much, I agree completely.

I DO NOT think our class is suddenly unplayable or useless and I reserved my opinion until I had tested it under normal circumstances.

Don't miss out on some of the very useful and quite fun skills we do have and get hung up on one all the time <--my main point, even if it may have gotten heavily distorted by this point.

Message Edited by Keethe on 01-07-2005 01:27 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

just wanted 2 point out something,most of you have tested again mobs that are about 2 grey out on you,and berserker if indeed fixed (skill wise) is supposed 2 give a chance 2 go off when you take a hit,before it was bugged and went off when you hit a mob,meaning your fighting mobs that hardly even hit you,so saying it didnt go off until the fight was almost over isnt really a valid point,since these mobs hardly hit you,so lets say if the mob was a white/yellow or orange con you would get hit ALOT more,dont u think u would loose bloodlust faster?i mean even tho u buff up before fight etc.. it doesnt change the fact that atm berserker state has a chance to go off when you or a group member is hit,i havent gonne thro whole thread yet,but testing this on green mobs that hardly hit you doesnt seem like a good way 2 test it and compare it with pre patch stuff when berserker went off every time you hit a mob.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lademoiselle Guest

I am level 34 and still don't have my berserker abilities procing like they should be. Sometimes they go off once a fight if I am lucky and all my skills for berserk are adept 1's. It's not just bloodlust it's everything. I know how to play my class and will stick with it even if I don't like the outcome of the patch. I just hope they do something sensible in the end and fix the proc rates.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

basicly u want almost 2 do same dmg as scouts and wizs while having the ac and hp 2 take the hits?i love my class but it doesnt take much 2 see that we were 2 classes in 1,we are tanks first,dps second,when i choose the berserker route i knew that guardians would most likely be the preferd tank class if lets say me and a guard were both LFG i would assume they would pick him insted,when u make a game with so many dif class with same job it doesnt take much for ppl 2 understand which is the ultimate tank,sure it might not matter and healers might be swimming in mana anyways but most ppl when looking for tank they want the best defence,sure..some ppl use thier heads and go from expirience and dont pick the typical MA but most ppl are ignorent in the game when it comes 2 other classes,if i made a group and had 1 spot left for DPS i would pick an assassin if there was 1 scout avl from each of the sub classes.
    thats just how most ppl feel and do thier pickings.
  15. ARCHIVED-PlatinumPrincess Guest

:smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

english isnt my native language,so if that was the joke i dont see how pulling it out has anything 2 do with my post :D
    if i changed the E with A would that make you happy ? :D
  17. ARCHIVED-PlatinumPrincess Guest

It was funny! It's like saying "You can't spel!" or "Learn some grammer." :smileyvery-happy:
  18. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

hehe well,that wasnt really the point of my post tho:D
    i ment ppl judge classes 2 fast :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Grimgore Guest

Nuv.. I don't want Pred\Caster DPS.. That would be over powered, but as it stands right now, if a guardian went duel wield\2hander they would do almost the exact same damage as a berserker. Now, no guard worth a hill of beans should ever stray from sword and board but if they get the same DPS as us and get better mitigation then what's the point of our class. I want to do DPS in the Monk\Bruiser range.. nice solid output with the ability to Offtank or MT for a group. Think about monks\bruisers.. They have the best avoidance in game and now have a built in shield factor for their deflection\parry skills.. So berserkers get hit more, harder and do less DPS.. Sorry, I'm takin a break from the game until this gets resolved.

I mean.. Isn't that why most of us chose Berserker.. A DPS tank.. Someone who can deal damage and tank but take a few extra\harder hits.. That was the description right?

Out of curiosity.. has anyone been able to stack Berserk procs or did that go away also?

Message Edited by Grimgore on 01-07-2005 02:26 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

i understand you,im just saying that we did 2 much dmg before patch,i could outdmg assassins in my grp.
    ive stacked berserker state with focus rage after patch,2 at same time i belive,seems like raging strike gives a shorter form of berserker state goes away as soon at it goes on.