Berserker DPS change info - Numbers here.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Wuushu, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Grimgore Guest

what adepts do you have on those skills?
  2. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Listen ...I really didn't want to get offensive but please mr overlord, could you at least attempt to stop telling everyone how great you are at berserkering, and how the patch wouldn't affect us crappy players if only we were as good as you. You've made your point and who knows - maybe someone was impressed?
  3. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Only real problem I see now is when we group with shaman. Wards don't work well with reactive bezerker state.
  4. ARCHIVED-ReconEQ Guest

I have focus rage adept 1, rage app 3, and BL adept 1....

-Karg
    45 Zerk
    Lavastorm
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyper00 Guest

yeah bloodlust no longer works that great now. i just have to rely on other skills now, though im not quite sure what to use, i'll have to do some testing.

id like to know what else everyone is using to go berserk, which skills, in what order.
    Message Edited by Cyper00 on 01-07-2005 12:13 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Fladar Guest

Wow This totally blows.. I leveled my warrior to 18 hoping to become a zerker becuase they seemed really cool. Now the day I get close to becoming one they Beat them into a coma with the nerf bat.. argh.. I am prob gonna become one anyways and try it out but.. grr They are prob gonna do what they did with paladins in EQ. They sucked for years than they made them gods.
  7. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

I'm 28, Bloodlust does not cause me to proc Berserk but MAYBE 10% as much as it did up till yesterday, and if it does and I go Berserk it instantly removes Bloodlust which is also a attack power buff replacement for Call to Arms so I lose quite a bit of attack power for going Berserk.

When I'm Berserk I don't do nearly the damage I did yesterday, I do not hit as fast.

My other skills that cause Berserk, seldom work, IF they work, refer to the above, I'm still not reaching the DPS I was yesterday, by a longshot.

I would say that at 28, using every skill I have to cause berserk in a fight I go berserk a Average of 2 times.

But hey, that little bit of DPS is a total justification for not having the higher damage mitigation that Guardians have, the now better taunting that they have, the AC and HP buffs they have.

Berserkers are now pathetic, and I don't know what irritates me more, that high levels keep coming on here saying everyone else is wrong and backing up the most horrific class nerfing in one patch in any mmorpg i've ever heard of, or the fact that the patch happened in the first place.

I can not think of a single MMORPG, where 1 class which was NOT overpowered by any lengths that allowed it to perform at a level far beyond that of other class's of the same type (Melee) had its effectiveness reduced so much in a single patch.

Whats truely amazing is if you read the patch notes it sounds like we got BUFFED! I got Adept 1 for Bloodlust tonight, i've looked for it on brokers for 3 weeks. I got it, and heh, wow, im 40% less effective then I was yesterday at App1!!!!

WooHOO thanks SOE!

It's funny that since Berserkers were sooo overpowered, in the Priest forum when asked to rate MT's Berserkers almost always came in second, BEFORE todays patch. Thats sure overpowered and deserving of crippling a class to me!!!

Vanessa

P.S. They should allow any Berzerkers that wish to to change their class to Guardians. To make up for the greatest nerfing of a single class in a single patch.
    Message Edited by Vanessa on 01-07-2005 12:21 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Aylindel Guest

What most of you dont see is that Bloodlust dont got nerfed it got fixed (or a try to fix and its bugged again).

It was bugged before and dont worked as it should and now its bugged again. The only difference is that the first Bug brought us benefits and the second Bug makes the Skill totally useless. And the DPS going down is the difference between 100% Zerking in fight or only 40% zerking during a fight iam sure nothing else got changed on the base dammage output. Well there was a Nerf for Rampage and that hurts.

I barely used Bloodlust because i play with Guaridan in Group to Tank and with all my Buffs and Skills i do about 120-190 base dammage per swing before the Patch and same after the Patch and i still can zerking about 50% of the fight.

Bloodlust is bugged again and should be fixed.

And here some Hints how to go Berserk:
    Tank - use Focus Rage
    Support Tank - put Infuriation on the MT

Greetings
    Aylindel
  9. ARCHIVED-Manopow Guest

There overlord goes, Blowing zerker NERFS again.
    Search all his post then do like I'm about to do
    /ignore OverlordMLF
    ps. he plays a guardian
    suk
    Message Edited by Manopow on 01-07-2005 04:18 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Keethe Guest

Why don't you guess try what I did, relegate bloodlust to when someone else is MTing and dust off Blood Rage. I was having a blast last night watching blood rage proc like crazy and was easily making up if not outrunning the DPS I was getting with bloodlust. I didn;t even bother casting bloodlust after 2 or 3 times using blood rage.

I do agree however that the buff dropping after it goes off is silly and only getting 10 secs or so of haste per cast has made BL pretty much ineffective.

(this is at lvl 28 with adept 1 blood rage fighting blue con groups of owlbears in Nektulos in a duo with a lvl 25 fury while using a tower shield and 1 hander. Healer had no problems with power and except for the freaky owlbear agro issue that was there before the patch, no other trouble getting or recovering agro. So if you consider 28 high level then you can group me with the "high levels not having any problems" but i like to call it adjusting my tactics. My super easy agro management and fast autoattack is gone, but my specials are hitting just as hard and blood rage is making me giggle like a school girl.)
  11. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

The problem imo is the buff dropping after one proc. That, given the power use and the 3 minute timer, is stupid and probably a bug.

I think folks are just upset that the "fix" is still buggy. Add in the useless/nerfed lvl 50 abilities and NO change to all our other buggy abilities (soldiers stance vs. reckless vs. weapon shield as an example) and i'm not surprised folks are upset.

That being said, I do think it's good that zerkers are perceivede as nerfed since that'll hopefully get rid of the those who bandwagoned on the class when they thought they were uber :p
  12. ARCHIVED-PlatinumPrincess Guest

lol thanks for the hints
  13. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

40% damage reduction is not something this class needed, and the class is now non viable.

Never seen a class handed so many nerfs, and be so utterly destroyed in a single night.

Vanessa
  14. ARCHIVED-Wuushu Guest

Thank you Vanessa, a reduction of 40% DPS BASE damage (Parsed - Yes, see first post) was uncalled for. Aggro change was needed. Now we are just straight up "b0rked".
  15. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

I may sound dumb but can someone explain to me how to calcul DPS exaclty? Thank you.
  16. ARCHIVED-Wuushu Guest

Using "Statalyzer" that parses the EQ2 log file. Edited URL information into first post.
  17. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

I pray for everyone, well, everyone that has posted here since last nite voicing concern and worry over the state of our class. I pray that the upcoming fix actually fix's us.

For those of you that have spend the last hours telling the rest of us that we have no skill, and to adapt, well lookie lookie, the spell is bugged and is getting fixed. If you play a Berserker and were unable to realize that Bloodlust was totally borked last nite, then frankly to all of you I say it is YOU that have no skill.

For the rest of us lets cross our fingers and hope after this hotfix we are viable!!!

=)

Vanessa
  18. ARCHIVED-Lademoiselle Guest

I have a level 33 Berserker and all my berserk skills are at Adept 1. I am lucky if I berserk once a fight. I am not sure why but hopefully it gets fixed. I will be patient though because I know the devs will do the right thing.
  19. ARCHIVED-Keethe Guest

"For those of you that have spend the last hours telling the rest of us that we have no skill, and to adapt, well lookie lookie, the spell is bugged and is getting fixed. If you play a Berserker and were unable to realize that Bloodlust was totally borked last nite, then frankly to all of you I say it is YOU that have no skill."

riiight...so a player that can adapt and overcome without the use of an obviously bugged combat art has no skill? excuse me if I find that a bit ludicrous.

There is more than one way to play. To bad they decided to fix it so quick, might have culled the numbers of "skillful" players that can't adapt and overcome the loss of one skill.

Try a search for some of Thayne's combat logs about blood rage
    Message Edited by Keethe on 01-07-2005 12:04 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

- They need to fix Bloodlust so it does not drop when it procs (which they said they are doing).
    - They need to fix Bloodlust so it has a chance to proc more often, seems it does not proc enough atm.
    - They need to give us an upgrade to Blood Rage! I am 42 and no upgrade? Why?
    - Anarchy is broken JUST LIKE BLOODLUST and needs to be fixed.
    - Stomp needs to NOT break mez.
    - Upgrading to APPIV of Stunning Cry did not increase damage
    - Power drain style upgrades (I.E. Furious Rush) do not "upgrade" in damage or amount of power drained, just the con of the icon changes.
    - Old styles that were used to get us into zerk mode need to be made useful (I.E. provide something more beneficial than a styled hit that does LESS than a standard dual wield swing! )
    - Berserk needs to last a little longer, 15 seconds?
    - Infuriation type spells should be a conc based 11 hour buff so we can justify having 2 tanks in a group.
    - Weapon Shield needs to be fixed

That is off the top of my head in 2 minutes of typing.