Berserker Class Guide?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Aludaru, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Xyjyx Active Member

Neither do I, if you would please read my post again you might comprehend it better. If you are counting adrenaline/bf/dragoons/perfectcounter/gutroar/wallofforce/chaos/wallofrage/controlledrage/unyieldingwill/rampagersresilience, I always have something up also. The gap between dragoons/adrenaline is, as I posted, covered by deathsaves/stoneskins if necessary. I see stoneskins/deathsaves as more situational tools to be saved until needed as dictated by the fight, with adrenaline/bf/dragoons being the base rotation that is up 95% of the time.
  2. Treejay Active Member

i dont have to use rampager's resilience, id rather use that for if visions goes down.and my rotation (while saving deathsaves) is up 100% of the time. I stream (currently messing around as a guardian but will soon go back) every raid encounter in the game. Twitch.tv/dextonn. you can do your thing, ill do mine, ive tanked and will continue to tank every raid mob in game. so its all good
  3. Xyjyx Active Member

Then cover the little gap with stoneskins and save your deathsaves.
  4. Treejay Active Member

i dont have gaps. lol.
  5. Xyjyx Active Member

I meant in my rotation, which I thought you were critiquing..
  6. Treejay Active Member

you do can you. ill do me. again ive proven mine works time and time again. i never have any gaps in my rotation, i rarely use my deathsaves and i pretty much never need healer deathsaves or temps.
  7. Xyjyx Active Member

Ok, ignore 3/4 of my post and focus on the bit you want to. Keep doing you.
  8. Treejay Active Member

i will. you said the same thing everyone else did in the 3/4 i ignore. cause most people dont realize how mediocre they are at zerker cause its so op
  9. Precursor New Member

So you're saying you rely on controlled rage for about 30 seconds? All that does is increase block and parry, doesn't seem very reliable for a whole 30 seconds
  10. Treejay Active Member

no i stack Adrenaline, controlled rage, wall of rage or w/e the DR is called i forget. and unshakable grip.

edit: and in my quoted post i meant wall of rage with adrenalien not wall of force
  11. konofo Active Member

I don't think you can get reliable 100% coverage* without Dragoon's Reflexes, but you can certainly get away from Perfect Counter if you need those points elsewhere.

The quoted rotation doesn't have enough between the first and second Battle Frenzy, unless you're just riding on WoR and/or Grip for part of that timespan. Adrenaline lasts just over 35 seconds, and Gut Roar another 3.3, but the downtime for BF is almost 20 seconds longer than you've accounted for. That's where Reflexes comes in for me.

A simple rotation of just [Gut Roar -> Battle Frenzy -> GR -> Adrenaline -> Dragoon's Reflexes] eats up about 95 seconds, and the longest reuse in that mix is 90, so that's all we really need (unless fighting something that would smash through one of those buffs). I occasionally pad or overlay that rotation with the stoneskins and other temps as I see fit, it just depends on the fight.

If you were to ditch Reflexes and PC, and try to fill that time with Wall of Force and random Battle Frenzy resets from Chaos, I'd assume you're probably fine most of the time, but I guess I'm curious where you're moving all those points.

kono

*ignoring weaker buffs such as Chaos, Controlled Rage, Wall of Rage, etc.
    Regolas likes this.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've been told on multiple occasions that I'm a very good tank. The bar may be set low but I'll take those compliments.

I don't raid tank so purely for heroics, and really it's only a last named in Dom that requires it, my rotation is:

Bind Wound (for 10% CA increase)
    Reactive damage abilities (forget the name)
    Controlled Rage
    Wall of Rage
    Pull
    Adrenaline
    Dragoons
    Battle Frenzy IF struggling only
    Chaos IF BF used for chance of reset
    Adrenaline
    Gut Roar / Perfect Counter IF struggling
    Rinse and repeat Adrenaline/BF/Dragoons with Gut Roar/Counter if needed to plug the gaps. Wall of Rage up whenever possible.

It varies so much based on the quality of the healer though, but Kono's rotation is pretty good for a healer that is struggling.

I guess because I do relatively easy content, I can get away with not having a complete cycle. Raid tanking may mean you need to have the 100% coverage, and Adrenaline may not be as useful unless you are offtanking multiple soft hitting adds.
  13. petier Active Member

I wouldn't call Chaos a temp kind of buff but tbh I think you are under rating it for hm content 1100 mit and resists for your group is a very good thing, that and the fact it such a quick refresh I use it all the time.
    Regolas likes this.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

I do use it a lot, just don't classify it in the same league as wall of rage with the 13% DR or whatever it has.
  15. petier Active Member

you shouldn't wall is a self buff chaos is a group temp.
    Regolas likes this.
  16. Treejay Active Member

chaos is up like 99.5% of the time anyway