Berserker changes in TSO (as per Oct 31)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bremer, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

MindParadox wrote:
    None of those instances require raid gear, just players with decent gear and who know their classes. Raid gear makes it easier ofcourse but it's nowhere being necessary. I doi hope they add some Nizara-like zones in the expasnion, aka super hard inctances for those who don't find challenge in "normal" zones. I don't care if every Average-Joe won't be able to kill mobs in them, there's 20 heroic instances in this expasnion, shouldn't end the world if couple of them are set to "Hell" or "Ultra Violence" difficulty level.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Updated list with changes of the last beta patch
  3. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i tanked a fair amount of the heroic stuff on my beta buffed toon which the gear they give you is about the equivalent of your average heroic tank with no raid gear. yes they give you the vp set armor but the weapon and jewelry are weak, so are the shields. aggro wasn't easy against the mythical copied toons but that's for obvious reasons.
  4. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Hmm, it seems as if my solo survivability is going to be significantly impacted by the across-the-board removal of in-combat health regeneration. A chance to trigger a heal is hardly a suitable replacement; it introduces too much randomness into the calculation of when to run and when to stand and fight.
    Is there a good reason for the switch?

Powers &8^]
  5. ARCHIVED-Jonger79 Guest

Selura@Unrest wrote:
    Not sure you are playing the right kind of game. You have pretty much never seen any grouping content, but play a multi-player game. Interesting.....
  6. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Powers wrote:
    Yes, there is a good reason. The regen sucked.
    The reactive heal could be better, but if you're pulling multiple mobs (as you should be) it's going to wind up healing you more than the regen. And the emergency <30% heal is a big improvement over the regen version.
  7. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

the new changes to regen are now superior to the old regen system in every way. a 33% chance is fairly non-random, that's 1 in 3 hits you take to heal for 300 where before you healed maybe 300hp every 6 second tick, the more mobs you pull the better it works as was said. the above figures don't even count the 30% 1k heal.
  8. ARCHIVED-Samantha Guest

Jonger79 wrote:
    I've seen most that stuff on my alts, except for the raid content. I live on the East coast, but have Euro times and I just am not going to pay the fee or lose all the stats I've spent over the last four years. Wasn't as bad when I worked in Florida I had a normal schedule and normal East coast playing times, but since I moved to New York, I watched my play times change drastically. Can't do a whole lot when your times to play are between 3pm and 6pm EST because you goto work at 2am in the morning.
    So soloing is probally the most I will see 90% of the time. I do have some little group time maybe once every other month or two when the raiders are free on my server on the weekends. Most of the zones I did list, especially the last three in RoK, they don't want a legendary geared player, but only raid level geared and they want to sell all the loot for plat not for you to actually need. Ever since my company made me goto 10h day I lost so much more play time its a wonder why I even play anymore because like I said 3 hours isn't a whole lot of time to play plus cook yourself a dinner before bed.
    So any effect in the game that effects solo players drastically that is seen as a way to fix high end characters doesn't sit well with the population of in game gamers that dont voice the opinions. I know every time so far there has been a expansion it has taken us 10 levels to get back to where we where just 10 levels previously. I really consider myself a hardcore player, but in the eyes of people that can raid I am causual yet I put on average 60 hours a week into the game mostly my days off.
  9. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

you obviously aren't hardcore enough to form your own groups and go do those zones.
    RE2 is the only zone listed that actually needs a competent group, maybe Unrest really is a shortbus server but it's hard to believe. i play during those hours, on our weakly populated server and i can put together and see groups during those hours all the time.
  10. ARCHIVED-Samantha Guest

I've truely sucked at group building since day one, I don't like spending 45 minutes advertising for a healer or tank because I feel the people in group have something else better to do. Is are server weak? I do see at times people spend just as long as me trying to build groups in my time. I also know the server is very cliquish in who they group with mostly high end sticks with high end. I know my group epic I had the strategy and the group make up correct just no one had the caliber to do it like a raid group can do.
    I got told not even to try and tank RE2 unless I had atleast 11.5k hps self buffed and when I do get asked I get turned down. It takes me about 25-30 hours of grinding tradeskill writs to buy a master spell for one of my three characters that I play and I find that my healer and my troubador are asked to do more then my tank. Guardians and Paladins that I have grouped with are definately un RoK better geared then I am for survivalbility and when TSO goes live I am not sure where I will stand after that.
    I play to win, and I don't have the will to want to do PuGs anymore. I have been asked to them, not healed. Told to pull something we can't defeat and when I get back to group was they ran. I've had to follow behind people to get shards back in the day. Been told my gear isnt up to speck and I'm wearing what I think is decent if you check my character out, but as another person said. I can't just drop 40 plat for a adornment on something that will or will not be replaced tomorrow.
  11. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

well the neck slot 12dps adornment is legendary and about 6p, the ranged is the pricey one and one i am picky about but can use lower tiers on it.
    just saying if you're at 0 dps mod then that 12 dps mod boost is going to do more for you than any single master will.
    the coming expansion will be mainly heroic grouping based, i just think you should try to break out more and be more assertive. if you know you are doing your best and people continue to blame you then bite back, don't let the group control you or tell you you suck. pickup groups are random, even in my best raid tank gear i went into RE2 the other night with a mystic and fury and we couldn't even kill 3/4 of the named when i have run the whole zone easily with a solo healer in moderately offensive stance in the past, meaning the problems you see are not always you.
  12. ARCHIVED-MindParadox Guest

Hardain@Runnyeye wrote:
    YEah, well, 60% mit and 49.7% avoidance is what ive managed(thats defensive stance by the way), but it doesnt do a whole hell of a lotta good when the mobs in the zone appear to completely ignore that, and one shot you regularly

ive tanked my way through about half of RE2 at this point, usually at which point the raid geared healers get sick of me getting one shotted and some SCOUT in raid gear living better than me

as i have invited people repeatedly here to do, check EQ2players for a list of my gear, or log onto Befallen server and inspect me, gear yourself similarly(you will soon notice i have NOTHING from any raid content in the game at all) and then wonder why im pissed about going from 78% DA(live) to 43% DA(beta). removing the buckler requirement from the STA line is nice, ill grant that, but then they still lock you into a shield anyway(dont get me started, TRUST me when i say a trained DWer IRL will absolutely destroy a sword and board user everytime) to get any real benefit out of it other than the 25% DA (down from 60%?!?!?!?!)

Don't even bother trying to tell me how wonderful this expansion is going to be on us. already most of my regular group has gotten into beta, and weve noticed that every bit of group content we have gotten used to running nightly is now harder than ever. I've found myself thinking about rolling a real tank class lately since SOE appearantly thinks zerkers should just look and act like gay vikings, and not the tanks we were supposed to be

to quote from the game manual:
    "Berserkers are chaotic warriors who inflict heavy damage with all manner of weapons. They protect themselves by wearing heavy platemail armor. Their furious attacks overwhelm their opponents, to whom they show no mercy."

now WHERE does that say, "Berserkers sit and taunt while hiding behind a shield looking for the right moment to attack their enemy with weak blows using a variety of weapons, praying that their insults will keep the enemy from attacking their friends"? can ya tell me?
  13. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Maybe you should tell your healers that even with raid gear they actually have to cast heals to keep a tank alive. It sounds as if your healers just suck badly.
  14. ARCHIVED-MindParadox Guest

Yeah, healers healing would be nice if i wasnt repeatedly one shotted

and no, im not kidding, the parse shows me getting hit for something silly like 2500 damage, and my 10k+ hp goes negative

over, and over, and over and over again
  15. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

it's all about the healers really, just because a healer is wearing raid gear doesn't mean they're competent.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mephistophelese Guest

lookin at gear you should be able to do RE2 in that with good group, does sound to me that yes healers not doin there job. try asking to be prewarded reactives HoT or whatever heal if you think you can get the agro fast enough, keepin em off healers like that isn;t hard at all
  17. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

Mephistophelese wrote:
    That's just what I was thinking...My zerker is not geared much better, and generally the only reasons I've failed on a RE2 run is that the healers just aren't putting out the heals. (There was also this time just the other day when I forgot how to pull the zone because I hadn't done it in months...)
  18. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Even with a 45-second timer on it? The 1200-1900 figure posted, I'm assuming that's for level 80. What kind of HP are you guys looking at up there? I've got 4715 at level 47 so if it's actualy 1900 that'd bump me up from 30% health to 70% health, which is nice, but somehow I doubt it's actually that good. I'm just worried that I'll be back down way below 30% again long before the timer is up.
    There's something exciting about watching my health hover between 20-30% thanks to doubled regen that actually comes close to my out-of-combat regen levels.

Powers &8^]
  19. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

I have just a bit under 14k health self buffed. With raid buffs like 19.8k so a 1200-1900 point heal isn't much. It's going to be a really nice ability for soloers or people with instance gear, but not all that great for raiders. Now, if they made it (and Blood Regeneration) a percentage based heal... now that would be awesome. I already submited feedback requesting that, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
  20. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Karsgaar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    ... and completly OP.
    Before you ask for some stuff or say "It's to weak!" you might want to take a look at the defiler's small direct heal / large direct heal as references (or lookup the heals of the other priests).