Berserker changes in TSO (as per Oct 31)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bremer, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

All changes to the class excluding the new tree

General
    - Adrenaline now costs instead of ~2700 mana 40 % of your mana on termination
    - Turmoil minimum damage was increased, cast time is now 1.5 seconds
    - Insolence has a new melee part, that can't be parried/dodged (1.5-2.5 AE damage)
    - Hold Rage increases now also parry (same value like defense) and shield effectivness (10 %)
    - Blood Regeneration has a 33 % chance to trigger a ~300 heal when damaged instead of HP regen
    - Relentless Rage increases DPS of raid by ~ 20 instead of HP regen
    - Rescue recast is now 5 minutes (for all fighters)

AA
    Warrior
    - Str4 now also improves taunts by 3 % per rank
    - Sta2 now works with any shield
    - Sta3 has no more shield requirement, DA reduced to a maximum of 25
    - Sta4 increases shield effectivness by 1.5 % per rank
    Beserker
    - Enhance Blood Rage improves the heal by up to 50 %
    - Enhance Relent Rage improves the DPS mod by up to 1 mod point per rank
    - Perserverance heals for 1200-1900 if health drops below 30 %, works again after 45 seconds
    - Gut Roar now parries/ripostes the next attack (1 min timer)

Mythical
    - Instead of HP regen now 25 % of received damage is applied as hate on target
  2. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

On a brighter note we get many snap agro abilites with the new AA's and a ToS type ability. In addition Gut roar has been modified to provide a 100% chance to reposte, spell terminates after a succesful reposte.
  3. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

the worst is quite an exaggeration, not quite up to standard without any real way of utilizing a tower shield yes but i still wouldn't say we are the worst in most respects.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Beserkers have the least hp, the least avoidance, the least means to increase avoidance and the best defense spell was nerfed to hell. If that doesn't qualify us for the spot of the worst tank class I don't know what would.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kain-UK Guest

They could make us wear cloth...
    That'd do it!
  6. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

you can sit and pout over the things you didn't get or you can work with the things we did get, your choice.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Buckler and Adrenaline changes aside, Berserkers gained a lot this expansion, along with the revamp to the class.
    One single target rescue (on a faster timer), single target peel, tower of stone ability, and an AoE rescue (without requiring mythical) is gravy.
    STR4 ability is very nice now, as it not only adds hate gain but enhances how much our taunts ... well, taunt for.
  8. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i agree, i know i get wrapped up looking at all the negatives we have taken but when i look at everything on the same page we aren't doing that bad. with the stamina line changing to no buckler req. that may help drop some of this emo attitude about tanking with a tower shield being viable now since bucklers got gimped.
    we still could have tanked with a buckler but with that last hit to adrenaline.... i was about to toss in the towel too, so now both are being fixed so cheer the **** up.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kain-UK Guest

I was thinking the same...
    Tried the tanking with a buckler in offensive and defensive and promptly had my rear end kicked.
    Being able to use a tower shield should really help now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Samantha Guest

What do these changes have in store for the soloist? Reason I solo is because raiding is not a option, not a single guild raids in my play time on my server. Grouping as well is not a option for the above reason for raiding. I won't pay for my mythical for ethic reasons, so that item other then my group fable (getting a pickup to do that was horable with way more deaths then expected and had to have a raid guild help me on the 16th attempt) is not going to happen or receive the benefits from it.
    Far as I know most of this upcoming expansion will not get used by me because it requires grouping and my play times just suck because of my job to sleep schedule for my job. If I get the expansion, I would complete the overland content reatively fast and then nothing else to do but dring tradeskill writs again for another year (just check that buy looking at the EQ2players for that). I remember LDoN from EQ1 and I did enough to get my spells that I wasn't going to pay 100k for those rare spells, but after that you couldnt find a group on my old server. It was also a way to make PoP raiding easier for guilds just starting out in that even after GoD came out.
    I've been born a berserker, I live a berserker lifestyle, and a berserker I shall die. Probally alot more now then ever before, but to Valhala I will return.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

You really need to change server if you can't do anything but solo.
  12. ARCHIVED-Endorplasmic Guest

Selura@Unrest wrote:
    You will notice that the change to the Perseverance AA line and specifically the Blood Regeneration spell will help you a TON in solo content.
    Without seeing teh change yet the removal of a buckler and the ability to retain the STA tree will help you survive a lot better as you'll be avoiding a lot of the incoming damage.
    Basically if you live the solo lifestyle your survivability went up big time :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Endorplasmic wrote:
    Well, Perseverance will. Blood Regeneration will adequately replace the two regens under some conditions if you put all 5 points in it in the EoF tree, but it doesn't really improve life as a soloist. If you're fighting a big, slow but hard hitting mob it will be worse, and if you are fighting a bunch of V or VV mobs it will probably be better.
    Can't wait to see the buckler changes & accompanying guardian mythical changes.
  14. ARCHIVED-Samantha Guest

I've been specced in the regenration line for a very long time since I solo. I don't see it regeneting alot per tick atm but I do hope it is better after the patch. Looks Like i no longer have to try and find a pickup raid for a virtue's guard, but everytime I do seem to try for one its always on my mystic or troubador.
    I've thought about changing servers many times, but what I lose seems not worth it. Around 17 million GSP, 50 dollars per character and I have 3 maxed Adventure/Crafter's and that doesn't gurantee that the server I would transfer to would be any better as it would more likely have to be a Euro server.
    Current play times M-Th 3pm-630pm ... F-Sun 230am-630pm ... Lately tho I have lost interest to play the game all together even tried Vanguard which i liked the ability to really detail your character at creation but can't stand the sluggy feeling even with lowered settings on the isle of dawn.
    Reading some of the info, gonna have to get another shield crafted instead of my current buckler. Was looking at some of the LDoN zone gear, but I really don't want to do anymore PuGs, those have really turned me off. I remember in EQ1 I would play from 4pm-midnight M-Fr and 6am-midnight S-S raiding 7 days a week. I really miss those days.
  15. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

What is the effect for people not buying the expansion?
    The impression I'm getting is that our existing abilities are being reduced, with bonuses in the new expansion AA tree to compensate. Is this accurate? If so, how can those of us not buying the expansion remain competitive?

Powers &8^]
  16. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Powers wrote:
    I don't know if I'd say that's the case. KoS tree is getting CHANGED significantly. Wouldn't call it an across the board reduction.
    Hard to say for sure since the Stamina line changes haven't made it to Beta yet, but the Strength-4 change is not a reduction at all, rather it's a nice improvement. The raid-wide regen that turned into a +DPS buff is nice too, especially soloing, which I would guess you'll be doing a lot of if you're not buying the expansion.
    All that's getting reduced is the uncontested avoidance from things like the existing STA-4 and certain items/adornments. Rest of the KoS tree is pretty much intact, EoF tree is improved. I think you want the expansion though.
  17. ARCHIVED-Praytor Guest

About the same way the Amish remain competative in drag racing
  18. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

anyone who likes to tank heroic content and plays a zerker WILL want to buy the expansion.
  19. ARCHIVED-MindParadox Guest

ahh, but what if we dont LIKE to tank heroic content, but do it anyway? hmm? :)

just messin with ya

im just hoping that this "heroic content" doesnt end up hitting live and requiring raid gear like RE2 and Veksar did
  20. ARCHIVED-Samantha Guest

My Berserker still has not even been to CoV, CMM, RE2, Veksar, MC yet or any of the raid zones for EoF or RoK. But ask if my Mystic and Troubador have and that tells you how much my main is wanted in groups or raids in my play times. I still have reservations about the new expansion, will I get it, probally. Will I do much in it, probally not. Now it seems I just log in and vegetate or craft.