Berseker newbie guide?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Cyph, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Cyph New Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a link to a Berserker guide for a newbie? An AA guide (maybe even with a leveling guide) would be great :)

Thanks in advance
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

forums.station.sony.com/eq2old/posts/list.m?topic_id=457340

Very outdated one there.

As a quick overview, and this is suitable for most melee classes, it's best to pick critical chance and multiattack increasing AAs on the first tree (warrior) and any AAs that improve your damage of your combat arts on the second tree (beserker).
    They are a lot more useful at lower levels than the defensive tanking ones, and you'll be soloing mostly so don't need the hate increases.

I won't say my AAs are the most efficient, but I do OK, so by all means use my profile as a guide for where to spend

u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301375867883

Try and get the best level combat arts (spells) you can as they make a difference.

At <80, Open Wounds is a great ability if you are attacking multiple enemies.

Have fun!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyph like this.
  3. Cyph New Member

Thank you very very much for that :)
  4. Erszebeth Active Member

one thing to remember, judging from various posts and responses to other zerk threads:
    be content and satisfied with being a second rate fighter class, at best, and prepared to not do anything significant or worthwhile.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Don't hit too hard on Zerkers they make decent off-tanks in some raid setups. Our raid used one for a bit before we got a better SK and it was more a fact on the player not necessarily the class. Zerks have strong AE snap and some decent survival for anything but death-touches which are more the MT department handled by Monks and Guardians (like myself). Heroic content wise Zerkers are just fine both Warrior classes are not as easy to learn as many paint the Crusaders to be.

Toy with specs read your skills test some combinations out with friends or groups that's how I learned a spell combo of mine makes me 100% damage immune (auto-attack and spell damage) for 16 seconds. Most importantly though have fun.
  6. Keowrath New Member

Define Significant and worthwhile.

You'll be able to tank anything pretty easily until you hit hard mode raid content. If that's the only worthwhile content in the game then I wonder why any of the other content is actually there.

I've mained a Zerker since shortly after release, I love the class and sure we could use some improvements here and there but then again so could most classes.
    Regolas likes this.
  7. Erszebeth Active Member

I'm not saying zerks aren't good....go through other zerker threads here, the sentiment is that Zerk is a second rate tank, accept that you'll not be really desired for much, if anything, and be happy with it, don't challenge this, if you do, you are a fail noob. Not my sentiments, just what I've gathered from whats been expressed elsewhere.
    I'm a firm believer that theres nothing any other tank can do that we can't do just as well, save maybe rez and heal others, it just takes more work for us to do it as well. Despite what others say we have the tools to handle everything in the game a tank has to deal with, just might have to get a little more creative about it.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Erszebeth a Zerk CAN mt if they wish to. Raid fights currently though require more focus on skill Zerks don't have. They always (to my knowledge) have had trouble with hard hitting bosses and many of the mobs have 500K+ deathtouches when you hit HM content. There are classes built for dealing with those touches that are not built for what a zerk can do (comperable T2.5-T2 dps and strong AE control) SK's also can do that making both classes amazing OT's.
  9. Erszebeth Active Member

My whole point has been that just because somebody says you can't, doesn't mean you can't. Yes, its harder and takes more work and skill at the class, but IT IS DOABLE, and if you are good at it, you aren't holding anyone back, you just have to get a different skill set then the average zerk takes, don't get partisan cleave if your going to try and MT, get perfect counter, best stoneskin in game IMO.
    I understand that other classes have certain tools better suited to soaking up death touches and the like, I just get tired of the whole "your a zerk, get over it, every other class is better at doing your job then you are", it gets old.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Class bias sadly will always exist. I fought it in Sentinels Fate as a Guardian. Basically both me and Ersz are saying that you can do what you want as any class really. The question of how well or desirable you are at it is up to both the class limitations and player preconceptions.

Zerks can MT, Guards can MT
    Guards can OT, Zerks can OT

It's a matter of can you prove to other players you are good at doing that specific thing you like doing.
    Erszebeth likes this.
  11. Freightrain New Member

12. Freightrain New Member

I know its not the PvP forums, but fyi, Zerkers are a pretty burly PvP class. They are just friggin hard to kill and have a good combo of AOE and DD for PvP.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

I won't debate that, their AE taunt range is massive, at least you have to hit the Guardian's allies to trigger their reactive taunt and even then its only a <50% chance.
  14. Jacck Active Member

Actually, for awhile at end game, there would be a completely different MT group setup just for if you wanted a Zerk to MT. And then on top of that, you would be hoping to kill the named before you ran out of Death Prevents from the Warden, second healer and VoM. It wasn't solely your skill at the game. And effectively, other tanks were better at that aspect with the tools the classes provided. It is much better now, but primarily Zerkers are an excellent OT if played well. If not played well, just like every other class in the game, they don't shine at all.
  15. Erszebeth Active Member

your going to seriously say theres been mobs that DT every 15 seconds? or 20 seconds? if your burning that many death prevents, you have seriously failed to prepare for your place as MT and don't belong there to begin with
  16. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I doubt the OP is even watching this thread anymore, but zerkers are fine for leveling up, tanking groups, doing some BGs, OT raids, and even MT em content. If he's really serious about raid MT, he's just a betrayal away.
  17. Jacck Active Member

There were enough AE's that needed to be mitigated/stoneskinned/blocked that my 30 second cooldown stoneskin wasn't fast enough on its recast (currently Monk, but I have all the tank classes and know them well). At that point you start cycling Other mitigating effects such as a 24 second 25% damage reduction ability, a 40k elemental/nox/arcane ward, a 2 trigger Stoneskin that triggers only off of physical damage (read Trauma based damage and usually running a melee immunity like 100% avoidance buff to prevent auto attacks from eating those triggers) and then a now shortened 3 trigger deathsave for when the other abilties are on cooldown to allow everything to come back up.

When you are in the realm of 200k+ hitting regular AE's (some of which are coming faster than every 30 seconds) before wards, along with deathtouch's with timer's anywhere between 40-1 minute and then adding in the various "fun" things introduced such as "Super power draining fight #327", then yes, it would be difficult and/or impossible to MT as a Zerker as opposed to a tank with more tools to mitigate this damage.
  18. failnoob0000123456789 New Member

I created an everquest 2 forum account to tell you that just by the way you speak i can tell you're a terrible person, calling people fail newbs for not agreeing with you. Kys
  19. Dannni Active Member

I’m going to hazard a guess they may never read your reply considering this thread is over 5 years old.
    Iglu, Dude, Snikkety and 1 other person like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not to mention that this could have happily closed after the first three posts. The player asked for help and advice, got it, seemed happy with it, and, I hope, didn't come back in after it started getting snippy (though thanks be to Estred [yay, Estred!] and even Freightrain, it didn't completely devolve into nothing but finger-pointing and insults).

My name is Uwkete, and I'm a Berserker, as are three others of my boys and girls in the Horde. ;->

Uwk
    AoEs rock! As long as you know your area... ;->