being just a little creative naming toons...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ConcealFate, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat guilty having named my Troubie Snooppy, but I typically try to come up with interesting historical names that fit with how I visualize my character is going to be.

The unfortunate part is that, after 10 years the game has been filled up with all sorts of names. Names on toons that may have been inactive for the past 9 years or so. It would be cool (potentially) if characters that have been inactive for lengthy periods, had an "x" or something else added to their name and the option opened up for new toons.

I must admit that I do like some of the creative names people come up with, even if they aren't necessarily appropriate for a fantasy-based MMO. I normally don't report names. I did, however, have one of LFG's toons renamed... the person responsible for changing the name made it Hugme or something along those lines ;)
  2. floofloobunny Active Member

Too bad they did that, Id love that name :3

3. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

Reminds me of back in EQ
    Reminds me of back in EQ when they added class titles. There was a well established monk named Bates. The monk's class title was Master.
  4. Paws Member

I usually spend more time coming up with a character name that I like than I do the appearance. I have ran into some serious 'huh?' moments though at the filters. However, I accept the challenge and work around them - not to create something offensive, but to create a name more in line with what I wanted.
  5. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

My favorite silly name I have ever come across was a rogue in EQ1 named Stolejoe Moneyfoo. I also once passed by an enchanter named Syph Illess. Reported that one.

The filter can be annoying, though, especially when it blindsides you by filtering words in other languages. I tried to make an old D&D character of mine named, "Zorranon", but was inexplicably blocked. I had to do some research on Urban Dictionary to discover that "zorra" is supposedly a bad word in Spanish.