Been waiting 2 days for access to Beta

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Indabuff, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Indabuff Active Member

I have done /beta on 3 characters now and none of them seem to show up in Beta. You stated on your live feed not to do them again as it would put you to the end of the list again. Just how long is this suppose to take.

Thanks...
  2. avashi Active Member

til expansion release date? :eek:
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  3. Xsarinx Member

Not realizing this was a problem a lot of players (if not all) were having - I put in a Support Ticket. Explaining that I had purchased the expansion, waited until the go-ahead was given to begin beta testing, logged in the character I wanted to play on the beta server, and then typing /beta to do the copy over. I did this twice (about three hours apart) and then resorted to putting in the ticket.

I get a somewhat canned response back from the CSR explaining that "new" beta procedures had been written up and to read through the information on a link provided. Guess what? The "new" beta procedures instructed me to, purchase the expansion, log onto the character I wanted copied from live, and then type /beta to do the copy over.

Oh, but I could start a level 1 character, do the 100 boost from the merchant, and begin my beta experience.

I did not pay $125 (x2 because I have two accounts) to participate in closed Beta to play a character with legendary gear with randomized stats 3/4 of which are not focused for the class I play, adept level spells, no 2.0 epic weapon/pet, and the lowest level of ascension abilities. I paid $125 to be able to copy my raid geared, GM spelled, 2.0 epic weapon/pet to the closed Beta server so I could see where I would be at the day the expansion launches.

So DB cannot even get the closed beta launch to work properly. Not a great way to start this expansion. But at the end of the day DB has their money, and we're given the typical "it is what it is" answer.
    Ysonoko likes this.
  4. Ysonoko Member

Feels bad man.
    Still waiting on my character to copy over as well.
  5. olleran Active Member

At this time only the overland area is being beta tested, so even a legendary geared toon is totally overkill
  6. avashi Active Member

no matter money was taken and we didnt get what we paid for.
  7. avashi Active Member

plus time is ticking so less time to complete the requirements for any beta rewards...:confused:
  8. Kiaristorm Member

ok so we have to pay to play in beta but toons haven't copied over and cant even use a level one character at this point as the merchant for the tokens to level it too 100 is gone and no eta on that either.
  9. Chillispike Active Member

I created a level 1 toon 2 days ago on the beta server, went yesterday to the spire and beta buffed him to 100 there.
  10. Xsarinx Member

Beta buff merchant is no longer standing at the spire when you zone into PoP. Got tired of waiting for a response either here or with my ticket and created a level 1 character on my 2nd account. Ran over to a spire and zoned into PoP only to find there was no buff merchant there any longer.

So just a recap-

1) buy the expansion early,
    2) swap game version to Beta,
    3) swap game version back to live,
    4) log in character on live and type /beta,
    5) character fails to copy to beta server,
    6) put in Help ticket and get a canned response apologizing for the problem and get a link to correct that tells you to do the things listed in 3-4 of this list,
    7) swap game version to Beta,
    8) create a level 1 character, run him/her over to Enchanted Lands wizard spire,
    9) zone into PoP and sit there as a level 1 character since the buff merchant disappeared.

Just a fantastic roll out of the new beta content.
    The_Real_Wurm and Ysonoko like this.
  11. PurpleChicken Active Member

12. Liral Active Member

um, no it will happen. The high geared toons will assuredly be copied when the overlanbd part is done. While this def could have been communicated better as i never started since i didn't see my toon. It does make sense to do it the way they are doing it.
  13. amarisa Member

still waiting....wondering if I will have time to get the rewards?
  14. Rotchi Active Member

Don't that worry people that the devs did not even test or made sure beta copy was working before they start selling expansions? Or that one of the selling points, the so called crossbow was probebly not even tested and thrown together?

This is why I probebly wont buy this xpac either... I don't like half-finished products!
  15. olleran Active Member

Beta buffer Finch is back up in Plane of Magic as is Oliver the tradeskill beta buffer

I refreshed my /beta on one of my toons and it has been copied over within 8 hours today

There may be a problem ( i cannot be sure ) if you try to bring multiple toons on one account over at the same time as whenever i have tried that , one got copied but not the others did not seem to , which is why i did a new /beta and found they came over within 12 hours
  16. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I received a message from support to redo the /beta command on my main. Which I did, so hopefully I'll be able to play her tomorrow. It's been over 8 hours now and so far nothing.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Yes that's exactly the experience I've had so far lol
  18. PurpleChicken Active Member

The buff merchant is back. It's disappointing to play a level 100 bumped character with no skills, but I guess it's all we get.
  19. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Still not on the server with my main.

Come on DBG, last year the transfer was almost instantaneous.
  20. PurpleChicken Active Member

Finally got my main copied over. Whew. Nice to be trying things out with a half decent toon. :p