"Become a Member"...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Shaie, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Shaie Active Member

... I AM a member. A lifetime member, in fact. First I reupped for a year, as I'd been doing for quite some time & then when the $300 lifetime membership deal was offered, I took it. WHY is my DBC window now asking me to become a member? (I'm pretty sure that my sub did renew at the end of September before I did the lifetime membership thing - could that be why?)
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Yenk Active Member

Hm... sind das derart Raffzähne und Gierschlunde hier bei DB?? :(
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Sometimes there are syncing problems between the servers.

Troubleshoot steps:
    1. Relog
    2. Wait a few hours or day.
    3. Update your account password (somehow, I believe this helps to sync your account).
    4. Contact customer support/petition.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

It's the lifetime thing. It does it consistently for a lot of people, every month. Usually right after you claim. It should fix itself before your next claim is ready. My last one took two weeks before it fixed itself.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

There is a Lifetime Membership function available? I did not know of this before. How did you find out about this and how does one apply for it? I should probably do it since I have 18 Characters on Skyfire and 2 on Kaladim. Is there a financial advantage to using a Lifetime Membership in EQ2. We are talking of membership in the game, yes? There was a mention of $300? Is that the cost of Lifetime Membership in EQ2? This sounds very interesting. I hope that somebody can steer me in the right direction to find out more about this.
  6. Cravaro Active Member

The $300 Lifetime membership offer was 2 or 3 years ago. The above post was referencing that. Dreamweaver specifically said there are no immediate plans to offer that again. However, things could change and if they do, I will jump on that offer. I neglected to take the offer before because at the time I was not sure if I would stay. Silly me... duh ;)
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Yes if they offer it again I will certainly take them up on it as well .. with 20 Characters 18 on Skyfire & 2 on Kaladim, it would certainly be to my advantage to make good use of that offer. (I hope that Dreamweaver is monitoring this thread!) I think I have been an active member playing on EQ2 since it's very beginning. I know I started when it did and I've always liked being a paying FULL member. The rewards are great for that .. $ for items on Broker & EQ2 market, Specials offered like double experience times, etc. Don't even want to fathom how much I've spent on EQ2 over the years since I buy a lot of extras on EQ2 Marketplace too .. but it's all worth it for the vast fun I get from my 18 Skyfire gals especially!
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

On the EQ1 forums, someone said this month marks the "break even" point for someone who has paid the monthly $15 rate for 2 years. So congrats to the folks who betted on Lifetime subscription. You proved us naysayers or hedging folks wrong.
    Lateana, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  9. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

How many characters do you have again?
  10. Nazy Well-Known Member

11. Shaie Active Member

Ah, ok. I had hoped it was a glitch as I'd never seen it before. My sub renewed in September so I thought maybe that was the reason & I'd just never noticed it before.

@WhysperWynde - they offered a lifetime membership 2 years ago, right around Christmas. Since I love this game, but also play others with subs, I jumped on it & have been praying it would stay afloat for a few more years!
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  12. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Lucky you Shale! I shall keep my eyes open for it around Christmastime .. thanks!
    Breanna likes this.