Fixed Internally Become a Member - Lifetime Sub Bug Returns (or never left)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Carynn, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

Bug: Monthly 500 DBC non-retrievable because it tells me to become a member, notwithstanding having a lifetime account.
    Frequency: Has happened in the past, for myself and many people, but it's been a while for me. Happens specifically to lifetime members.
    Steps to reproduce: Have a lifetime membership. Try to claim your AllAccess 500 DBC. Be unable to do so because it says it wants you to become a member. Wait and hope it goes away within the 30 days so you don't lose out on the month.
    Tananthalas, Juraiya, Morukta and 6 others like this.
  2. Daryx Well-Known Member

I've had it happen on all four of my accounts three times since late July/early August. This month is the first time that it hasn't cleared when the anniversary date hit (one of them is today; another is tomorrow). On one of the threads someone suggested clearing logincache but that doesn't make any difference for mine.

Strangely, one of the accounts (the one due today) has the "become a member" button as clickable. One of the others that rolls on the 16th has it as unclickable.

The only thing I can say is that it looks like it will still apply a discount on the marketplace. I haven't actually bought anything but if I pull something up it shows the 10% discount on the price. But yeah, not being able to claim your 500 is extremely annoying and for as long as this has been going on and reported, someone ought to be looking at it!
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Naramee Active Member

log in to your account information and activate your membership new. It may have just been deactivatet because of some updates or such. Happend to me too and it cleared the problem
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Fixzoningplease New Member

I’m one to bet they will get rid of it soon.read the small print threy can discontinue it at any time.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I went to add funds to my account, today, and instead of taking me to PayPal it took me to my account page. I tried several times to add funds with no luck. And I've been unable to claim the monthly reward in the past. I hope I will be able to claim the one that is current.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're saying. Will you please attempt to explain in more detail?
  7. Shaie Active Member

Currently having the same issue myself and it looks like I will miss out on 500 DBC this time around. Normally it clears within a day or two of logging in, but not this time.
  8. Garthan Member

Lol, yeah Scott Hartsman over at SOE gave me a lifetime sub for both my accounts as a wedding present at Fan Faire 2007, it was revoked as soon as he left SOE. So, I wouldn't count on keeping lifetime subs with Daybreak either. I tried to get it reinstated and they told me to get the person who grated it to approve it.....so yeah....
  9. Sunlei Well-Known Member

my account with lifetime sub has this bug from the last /claim date. very annoying to not be able to get your months reward.

I think it has something to do with eq2 running on windows 8.1 with out edge upgrade enabled. Have always run eq2 on win 8.1 plain because it runs best very smooth on plain windows 8.1 (win10,winedge to bloated to have eq run smoothest)

paypal and buying with real $$$ from the eq marketplace do NOT work on plain windows 8.1, you get as far as logging in to pay and it never logs in. You must have windows 8.1EDGE enabled to enter the marketplace or paypal.

just not sure but I think the monthly claim for lifetime accounts is some how hooked to verify and that BUGS the monthly claim.
  10. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still affecting anybody?
    Tananthalas and Twyla like this.
  11. Jinksie Well-Known Member

I have a guildmate that noticed this end of last week. I will ask him to add to this forum post with this specific details. He's a lifetime sub and cannot claim his monthly claim.
    Tananthalas and Twyla like this.
  12. Tananthalas New Member

My wife and I are not lifetime subs but we cannot get our DB cash from the game either this month. September 30th was our latest sub renewal date.

EDIT: I dug into this a little more. My wife and I purchase our EQ2 subscription through Steam. Each of our Steam accounts has a different credit card for payments. Our subscription renews automatically on the 30th of each month. Looking at the Steam Pre-Authorized Charges page we both have the date to be charged next as Oct 30th (makes sense). Looking at the Daybreak Membership Info page it says Pending Membership Payment: A $14.99 charge for your membership is currently in process. My wife and I both still receive membership benefits in EQ2 (like the buff and double currency gain etc.

EDIT 2: Looking at the account history Daybreak is trying to charge the subscription fee repeatedly since 9/30 on both my account and my wife's. It tried on 9/30, 10/1 (twice) and 10/2. I double checked our credit cards just to verify they work and are paid (they do work and are current on payment). It seems like there is some type of communication breakdown between Steam and Daybreak payment systems.
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

The issue with lifetime subs is fixed. If you are having further issues or issues relating to your subscription, please contact customer support.
    Jinksie likes this.