Beastlords pet appearance quests but not summoners?

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tabrina, Apr 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Tabrina Guest

I dont post on this board very much and dont really expect an answer to this but WHY is it that Beastlords will get pet appearance quests and summoners will not in GU63? I do not want to create or play a beastlord as I have had a pet class since 2005 already and do not want another one. The only pet appearance options I have for my summoner are the ugly ones on marketplace. I just think it would be fun to get new appearances for my conjurer pet especially through quests sincie I personally love to quest, Is this fair? I think not.
  2. ARCHIVED-sandeky Guest

I would like to know about this as well. Being a Conj, i am sick of having the same pet all the time. I would much rather be able to either use the apperance of older spells for my current pet, or let Summoners have the same ability as the BLs. Let us go out and harness an undead or elementals apperance for our selected pet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

Really have no clue what the OP is talking about. No quest name, no information has to where they come up with this topic. I smell a troll?
  4. ARCHIVED-Mythal_EQ2 Guest

I don't have a specific quest name to give you -- I don't even play a beastlord -- however if you listen to the latest Webcast about GU63 Part 2 (aired last Thursday), you will see that Windstalker actually mentions an "easter egg extra warders for Beastlords, which can be acquired during quests".
    I assume this means that some of the new warders can only be acquired while on the specific quests and not otherwise (i.e. perhaps the new raptor or corrupted drakkel wolf can only be gotten while you're on the quests for them but not from the aggro mobs).
    In any case, why the surprise? Did you really expect summoners to get new appearances for their pets? What would be the reason, when all they have to do is add more Petamorph wands on the marketplace you'll have to pay cash to get.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

You do know, each type of warder has different abilities? They are not multiple appearances for the same warder. That said, this thread belongs in another forum.
  6. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Daervon@Splitpaw wrote:
    It would still be nice if there was a more permanent and free solution to this. Necros and other classes get permanent illusion forms on their respective trainers. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that our pet forms be placed on there as well.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Tabrina wrote:
    I agree, I have been asking for a fix to the necro end line pet because it's on a horse it won't hold an illusion if I fly, even so a quest for different appearance pet would be wonderful.
    And summoner pets have different types as well just not as many as beastlord.
    This does seem a bit unfair and this thread should have stayed in testing feedback since apparently it relates to the GU that is currently in testing hehe
    I saw the webcast and heard Holly mention the easter egg too.
  8. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Kuulei wrote:
    What they are talking about is that BLs can get multiple appearances for the same warder type by just taming a new mob of the same type as one they have.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

they do that already
    mine tires of the brown bear, so she tames one from Everfrost.
    bored of the emerald bat or brown one, tame a fire one from nek forest.
    But I prefer using only 3 of the 12 warders, for the CA's and what what they do:
    Bovid, Feline and Rodent.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tabrina Guest

In the GU 63 webcast they clearly stated they are putting new quests into GU63 for Beastlord pet appearances. I dont get why this topic was supposedly in the wrong discussion area if it appled to GU63, and no to the person that stated I am a troll, I hardly ever get on these forums.

I was hoping SOE would provide an answer as to why summoners dont get quests for appearances for their pets. I dont understand why that cannot be done, summoners have been in the game since the beginning of EQII. We the players have to pay for the few appearances we can get or get a rare temporary appearance from SOL if we want a change while a new class comes in and gets tons of appearances for pets.
  11. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Kuulei wrote:
    Re-Read what I wrote....they are upset BECAUSE BLs can do this...but SUMMONERS are stuck with the same model , they WANT to be able to do the same as BLs on SUMMONERS....