Beastlords - new exotic warders, limited time

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Niami DenMother, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Hi folks!

I don't wander into the class-specific forums often, but wanted to let the beastlords know about two brand-new appearances that they can get for exotic warders (tame exotic AA ability) *only* while the Bristlebane Day event is going on. (March 25-Apr 7)

When the Bristlebane Day events start in a few short hours, there will be a new quest from the Grand Prankster. (You'll need to do the Full Metal Protection quest from Blat Berisen first, if you didn't ever do that Bristlebane Day quest).

Anyway, when you get "Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale", you will go into a quest instance. About 2/3 of the way through the zone, you'll trip over a were-rabbit, and two were-bears. In the last room of the dungeon, there's a second were-rabbit. These are supposed to be exotic warder types that can be tamed (Test is still waiting for the patch to fix the taming issues, but you folks "should" be fine with it tomorrow.)

If you muck up and kill them while trying to tame them (been there, done that!), zone out, do NOT hand in the quest, and zone back in to reset the zone and try again (you'll have to kill all the cultists all over again, to get to the point where the were-creatures are)

Once you hand in this new quest, your portal into the instance poofs, so tame 'em if you want 'em!

Pics of the two new critters are about 1/4 of the way down the Bristlebane Day story and crafting preview over at my site.

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q195&menustr=080000000000

~Mum
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

Sadly they are both Enchanted so you have to pick one or the other.
  3. Karsa Active Member

hmmm tough call that one..i like floating octopus for my enchanted....but a vorpal bunny maybe too much to resist..:)
  4. Levatino Active Member

maybe it's me but my BL can't tame the new warders at Splitpaw server?
  5. Sylke Well-Known Member

Are you trying to tame them, or using Beastmaster's Sight and/or the special stun? For some reason, the Sight and stun don't work, but they are still tameable (once you reduce their health enough).
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Correct, the sight and stun don't seem to work, tame exotic works. You're likely to be doing semi-naked taming, too, and want to turn your back on them. They're kinda squishy in the wild.

They also shrink down quite a bit, on the warder version.
  7. Levatino Active Member

thanks will try it again then
  8. Muffincookie Active Member

This is bullcrap...I had it all the way down to 1% health and no way to tame it. It just didnt work!
  9. Muffincookie Active Member

Ok I get it now. Tame Exotic is another "tame spell" that I dont have at my current lvl :(
    Why...WHY ?!
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It is an AA ability, not something auto-granted.

~Mum
  11. Occam Well-Known Member

Where is the floating octopus from?
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

At a guess, I'd say ToT fathomlurkers are exotic. I haven't dragged my BL out there yet, as I was busy working on several other alts first. :D
  13. Occam Well-Known Member

Ah, I should have thought of that.
    It'll probably be awhile until I can test the fathomlurkers though. My BL was lvl 23, but I wanted that werebear warder, so I spent a few hours in Stygian agnostics. Blasted him up to his 70s and got the warder before Bristlebane Day ends. The downside of that strategy is that all my warders are low level though. As far as warders are concerned, it's definitely better to level a BL the long way. :p
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Heh, yep ... though you can always chronomentor down to work on them, if they're getting chewed up too quickly. :)
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Ah, I'm sad that they both count as enchanted. When I had first heard that there werebunnies were tameable, I thought that they would make a great alternate to the rodents for one or two of my beastlords. (Even though rabbits aren't rodents, they're lagamorphs.) But it means I would have to pick one or the other and not both this way. :)
  16. Katz Well-Known Member

I'd love for them to set the warders up so that you can collect many of each type and swap in what you want for appearance. I don't want to give up the ones I have. It would be fun if we could do a "catch them all" and keep them thing.
    Rosyposy likes this.