Beastlord's "Altered Beast"

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Wgrace, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Wgrace Active Member

This ability is incredibly underwhelming. It functions as little more than a "your pet is now allowed to exist in combat" buff due to the HP increase. It looks good when reading the tooltip, especially when you read in your warder page that disembowel has a 3-seconds cooldown. It is a lie however.

This is how long between each cast my warder used Disembowel. This was on an 8.5 minute parse against a training dummy in which I did nothing but let my pet attack. The ability was used 24 times total but I just show the first 12. The cooldown as I mentioned is 3 seconds in the tooltip, but the warder casts it VERY unreliably

13 seconds
    15 seconds
    17 seconds
    59 seconds
    50 seconds
    36 seconds
    22 seconds
    10 seconds
    4 seconds
    41 seconds
    9 seconds
    32 seconds
    In the end it amounted to 43 million of my pets total 137 million dps (with 31k potency, 50 fervor).
    Frankly that is a nearly trivial amount of damage, and while I am glad to have the increased survivability for my warder, its hardly worthy of an epic 2.0 ability -- the ability for a pet to not die instantly in every encounter should really just be a given, not require an epic skill.
    It feels like beastlords only got one epic ability, and the other one was just used as a quick-fix to the pets low hp.
    I can imagine some people making the argument that beastlords don't need the extra dps from their pets because they already do good dps without it, I don't know if I agree or not but that is a poor excuse for an epic ability to be so lame.
  2. Ganador Active Member

I have seen the same thing. All warder abilities proc at a much longer time then the reuse listed on the pet's ability for disembowel is it very disappointing since it is one of the BL's new epic abilities.