Beastlord Warder Leveling issues

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Soefoe, May 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Soefoe Guest

Hello All:
    I know this issue has been brought up before but does anyone know the exact formula for XP on the warder?? I got a feline warder 2 months ago on my 73 BST and I swear the bar has not moved......I filed a petition on it and the GM said "nothing wrong".....
    I took my 73 BST to Kylong Plains yesterday for 90 min and grinded mobs....only saw 1 message that "Your affinity with your warder has increased".....
    Is this about the correct XP for a warder ?

Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Jumah Guest

While I don't know the exact numbers, I can give you a general idea of how it works (or how it appeared to work for me, at any rate).

Basically, you have to have at least one advantage, or Primal ability affect an aggroed mob during a fight in order to see the 'gained affinity' message. Additionally, if you only land one advantage/primal ability on the mob during the fight, and it happens to kill them, then you get nothing.

So, you need to use your abilities as much as possible, and try to make sure they don't kill the mob, unless you have landed other advantages/primals on the mob before the killing blow.

That said, you either get 1 point of affinity per kill, or 1 point of affinity per landed advantage/primal. I'm not sure which. I never saw huge jumps in affinity while looking at the bar, but I know that killing heroic mobs DOES make your warder level up faster, so there does seem to be some kind of scale of affinity gain against difficulty of encounter.

Personally, I used spiritual stance and just made every fight last as long as I could, using auto attack and advantages/primals that either did no damage, or as little as possible (heals and buffs and the like). Using dozens of advantages/primals/spirituals per fight. Just drag them out as long as you can and spam those abilities. It took me a couple weeks to max out my first warder, then another month or so to do the other 15 once I figured this technique out (with input from folks here).

There does not seem to be any corrolation between exp gain and affinity gain (i.e.: exp potions and veteran bonuses do not seem to affect Warder affinity gain). I basically soloed my BL from birth to around level 88, fighting mostly yellow and orange con heroic mobs and questing through zones to keep in equipment. I didn't even bother with upgrading abilities until I hit my high 80's since our most powerful abilities are all essentially given to us as masters (advantages/Primals) and most of our combat really should be done with those abilities. During that grind, I maxed out (rank 6) about 14 warders. Then I used the grandmaster potion on my drake warder right after I tamed it, and groud out my last warder's sixth rank after I hit 90. I did that last one chronoed to 80 in the Obelisk in Ykesha (the upper one you can see from the crash site, not the lower one in teh swamp). Took a few hours using the technique listed above.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

Jumah wrote:
    Thanks for posting this, I had absolutely no idea this was how the warders leveled. Thanks again
  4. ARCHIVED-Chabisu Guest

SOE really needs to take a look at how warders level as it is a complete mystery to most. It is bad enough that you are required to level them the way that we are, but to also basically just expect people to have no clue makes it even worse.
    There has got to be a better way all together.