Beastlord Today...

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Porchtoe, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Porchtoe New Member

I haven't played my BL since 2018. Back then he seemed pretty formidable. Today he seems virtually useless (based on 2018 setup I was using). At level 110 I figured I'd take a port over to The Blinding. After gathering a bit, I decided to attack a 113 non-flight bird thiny right outside the spiral ramp cave. Well long story short, it took nearly 5 minutes to kill it! That was with a grandmaster bear, level 15 Zugrus merc and familiar. Have things changed that much? I see little, if any, reason to go back to playing this class. Oh well, perhaps I'm doing something totally wrong after several years? Thanks :)
    Hartsmith likes this.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Did you even bother to upgrade your gear with the free stuff in the box as you zone in? Of course using and AA spec from 3+ years ago after a major AA revamp last December yields terrible results as well.

Why would you even think you could just jump onto a character you haven't used, travel the planes, and have any sort of success?
    Hiza likes this.
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

While I cannot speak specifically about BL, I can share my experience with my coercer. When I first took her into the Blinding, like you, the fight took forever to kill that beast. However, I had not changed her armor, so was missing out on the features available in the sets you find in the chest at the top of that tower when you first enter the zone. Not sure if that is what you need, but my coercer isn't taking forever to kill it anymore.
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

There is literally no need to be snarky.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

I gave advice first. Thinking you can take a character that hasn't been played in 3 years and jump into current level content is worthy of some ridicule
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Your very first words? "Did you even bother ..."

Snark is not advice. It is plainly rude derision. Your attempt to justify your comment just makes you seem like a very small person emotionally.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  7. Porchtoe New Member

Thanks for the help, everyone. I'm going to do exactly that. I'll get that gear, that I totally missed, and see how it goes. I'm sure that will be a major step in the right direction. Thanks again. :)
    PS: Priority was right. I had that coming. :)
    PSS: Just geared up with what was at the tower. 15-20 seconds to kill now. Now to adjust AAs and skill rotation. As I crawl off into a corner in embarrassment, I'd just like to thank you folks once again. ;)
    Hartsmith, Dude and Priority like this.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Opposed to simply liking the OP and offering absolutely nothing? Well done. I hope in the future I can remember to help new/returning players by smashing that like button.
    haphop and Magdaddy like this.
  9. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Beastlords in their current state are completely viable. I've been gearing one up and can reasonably compete with a ranger guildmate at the same stats. By reasonable i mean within 10% in heroics. I would suggest taking a look at your aa spec, and fully adorning/gearing your toon before making assumptions about class balance, and claiming that a class is useless when it is not. Think in the mindset of yourself. If another new/returning player came to the forums, and saw your post saying "beastlords are useless", and then chose not to play, that would only degrade the lifetime of the game. You could jump on any toon, remove all its gear, delete its aa's, then complain that its useless, but it wouldn't have any sort of weight. Analogy time: If you take two fencers, the one with pads and a sword will probably beat the one in a loincloth and fists.
    Hartsmith and Priority like this.
  10. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

On the contrary. I shared my personal experience. Granted you managed to get your comment posted first, there had not been any replies when I first read and began typing out a reply. My delayed post was due solely to the fact I'm a slow typist and chose to confirm that my character was able to kill them faster with the gear before posting.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

There's over an hour difference between our replies. Which is funny, because you're response to me came 2 minutes after your first reply. Slow typer or you weren't going to offer anything useful except that "like"? Hmm...
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Guess you need a little more clarity. I had started typing, then decided to confirm for myself before answering, that my coercer was having an easier time with those mobs at the start of BoL before posting.