Beastlord Questions

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by 3rdtimecharm, Nov 11, 2020.

1. 3rdtimecharm New Member

I’m returning after several years away. Boosted a Beastlord to 110. Been having fun but I have some general questions about the class. Most of the threads I’m finding are older and I’m worried they may be outdated. Could someone help by answering a few of my questions? Thanks in advance!

1. What blue stats should I be focusing on? Is DPS most important?

2. What stats can I take from when reforming? Ability Mod seems meh so seems like a good choice here. Is that correct?

3. Digging my drake Warder. Is there another I should level for some reason? I do have a gm bear as well.

4. Duel wield > 2h?

5. How important is accuracy? Should I reforge for some?

6. Anyone have a list of where my stats should be at?

I’m sure there are more but that’s all I can think of for now. Besides I gotta get back to work
  2. Godzmight Member

As far as I remember you'll want dps as high as possible. A lot of people at 120 have 10k or more dps. You want 100 in strikethrough and I do 100 in accuracy since its easy to get. 100 for ae auto attack. Not sure which is better with ability double attack or flurry so hopefully someone can give better details for that. Potency as high as possible same with fervor. You should reforge all ability mod to dps. I'd level all the pets eventually so you get the big final attack they offer after leveled to grand master. I dual wield but I haven't tested a 2h in comparison. Only other thing I can think of is resolve you need to get that to the number of whatever zone your doing or you'll do less damage and take more damage. Hope that kinda helps.
    WhysperWynde and 3rdtimecharm like this.
  3. 3rdtimecharm New Member

That is helpful info. Thanks.
    WhysperWynde and Godzmight like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

There were some threads earlier this year about BLs, but let me offer the following:

1. Unlike virtually every other class, the BLs main damage comes from warder. For the BL, you want your autoattack stats up there, because that's what drives your warder. While you want to pay attention to your offensive stats, your 1st priority is autoattack stats. DPS goal for right now: 10K. You can drive that up quickly with some of the Panda shadowed jewelry gear. It's 170 resolve, but reforging the ABM into DPS is a quick win. Your warder will drive about 95% of your damage and ascensions the rest. The two new BL spells (one from Seru merchant and other from running Sol Eye heroic are excellent.
    2. Get as many warders are you can (you don't need all of them--I have 12 or so.) You want to get them all to GM L 6 for their various spells/CAs that go on your BL bar. Those that weren't GM 6 I ran relentlessly doing Seru solos like Divinity and Order. Lots of mobs. When you're levelling your warder, let your pet do all the atacking as he will level faster, trust me.
    3. I picked up a 2 hander that had 400 resolve mid xpac and I'm back to two one-handers I picked up form Sol Eye.
    4. Have fun. While the BL can be a little daunting at first "unlearning" everything you thought you knew about scouts and damage, they're quite fun and they have some versality being able to jump between feral and spiritual.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.