Beastlord Onscreen "Paw" Animation - Annoying

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Dasde, May 2, 2018.

1. Dasde New Member

Folks,
    Odd question... Just came back to the game after a few months away. I main a Beastlord. Not sure if it's something new with the latest expansion or not. However, I now have this rather annoying "paw" animation that pops up right in the middle of my screen mid-fight and when I say annoying it literally covers me and what I'm attacking. Is there a way to remove it, what's it proc'ing off of? I'm level 100 and my Warders are all maxed.

I don't remember this animation being there before and since it's a distraction, I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has found a way to move it or just simply disable it.

Appreciate any feedback or assistance and thank you in advance!
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It has always been there - it's the indicator that your warder has found a weakness, and you're able to use an advantage. You don't want that "proc" to not go off; if you don't get the weakness to pop, you can't use your advantages.

Plus as long as your warder is up and either assisting or defending you, it's going to happen. Sure, you could set your warder to not defend or attack so that it won't... but then why be a beastlord with warders?
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

what you can do, and what i've done, is quickly move it over to one side so it's not smack dab in the middle.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Is it a window that can be permanently moved or resized through F10?
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

no, but you can catch and move it mid-fight
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I use the DarqUI interface, from EQ2Interface.com. This allows the "paw" to be both resized and relocated.I know also that Drums Interface does the same.
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yeah i'm using darq
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

It can be moved and resized in the default interface as well.
    flameweaver likes this.
  9. Dasde New Member

Thank you all for the replies and help... I just don't remember it. Was it different or smaller back before the holidays, that was the last time I played?
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

The default size is inexplicably huge and in the way. You probably had just done what I did (grabbed it and made it smaller and moved it) before.
  11. Tajar Well-Known Member

You can actually turn it right off in options somewhere. I main a BL and do not have it on my screen at all, but not in game atm to find the exact options, but you definitely can switch it off. Think it was called Weakness window?
  12. Simparri Active Member

The way I moved it was during a fight when it pops up hit F10 immediately & click/drag it off to one side as quickly as you can. Send your pet off to do the attack but don't attack yourself, that should easily give you time to move it. Not sure about resizing it in the standard game UI though. It did give me fits though when I initially tried running a BL<grin>.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

You just grab a corner while it's on screen and squish it.
    Simparri likes this.
  14. Tajar Well-Known Member

Options > Advanced > User Interface > Game Windows > Never Show Combo (Weakness) Window = Pawprint never pops up :)

Make sure it;s in advanced, it doesn't show up in basic.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Simparri Active Member

That helps if it stays up long enough, usually it does, but sometimes it's barely up long enough to use it then disappears.