Beastlord Casting Order and Macros

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Nunya, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Nunya New Member

I am trying to maximize dps on my BL. I'm curious what casting order people are using and if anyone uses casting macros. If so how?
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the suggestions as well.
  3. Tupperbeast Active Member

What do you mean by maximum dps, it depends ultimately on whether you are a solo heroic or Raid player because there are still small but fine differences that make up your dps.

It depends primarily on how is your equipment your pot your Fervor and many other things.

The casting order is not really difficult at the Beastlord requirement is you have also leveled your pets these give you different situations for yet another end spell.

Each Beastlord player plays differently or has a different cast or order specifically aimed at his pet with which he is on the move, I would rather say look at your spells to both of your Warders afford offstance defstance and practice the timing with a doll. Then try to build them up in solos up to the heroic content there you will end up with everything the game puts out to see if you're on the right track. Your dps should constantly go up and hold over a period of time, it will not help you to have massive dps at the beginning when nothing comes out in the back.

Tips tricks are always nice from other players but if they are applicable to you and your game style is set there therefore I find always better to test myself. And what's important in this addon should be Kalr's pot as much as possible Fervor is always a bonus to Dps as well as Cb over cap not to screw up your other skill values to screw up, and let's not forget Epic 2.0 a must in POP without them you lose a lot of dps.
  4. Nunya New Member

Currently just over 64k potency and 56 Fervor self buffed (missed out on summer Eth Fervor rune). 2.0 complete but no Myth version yet. What I am trying to figure out is how are other BLs getting to high on DPS. For example, I have been in grps before when I am somewhere around 1bil dps and a similar geared BL is pushing 6 or 7 billion dps on the new content (raids are a different story all together). Would an extra 10k pot make that much of a difference? It seems more likely I am missing on something like casting orders or timing and such.

Link to my toon:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/884765581375
  5. Relanah Active Member

I personally do use a casting macro...

Mostly just for convenience, it essentially has all the slot 1 advantages in it as well as Rush, Kaldrahir's Howl, Primal Consumption, Feral Intensity and Ralissk's Perception - I.e. All my hardest hitting attacks. So that I can just mash that as a filler (When mashing, it will go by the cast order set out in the macro. If casually pressing it, it'll do the first and then the last available skill)

As far as maximizing DPS goes, it's mostly about maintaining Feral Rampage with ideally, Savagery 6 Primals.

That is, the buff after using a Primal that lasts for 15 (18 with Feral Lord prestige) seconds that stacks like 3 times and boosts your Pot by a bunch.

With 6 Primals, each with a 30s CD you wanna cast them all but in way that keeps that buff up (Also note, that Feral Rampage also increases the speed that Savagery dissipates so you need to cast more to maintain it. Of course, Savagery Freeze helps too)

Then it's trying to maximize procs. I.e. Going ham when you get Truespirit's Ferocity up etc.
  6. Kielex Well-Known Member

BL's got hit with a major nerf. All the good BL's i know are betraying to summoner ranger ETC. It was a ninja nerf too. Abilities across the board suddenly doing hardly anything
  7. Vokan Well-Known Member

I like using macros too, but arent all the advantages and on the same cool down and cast? So just pick the best one and use that or you might be just using a bad one over and over.
    I put all my single target CA's in one macro, then put fishing at the end. So it goes in order of cool down instead of 1, last, 2, 3, 4 etc...
  8. Relanah Active Member

Yeah, but I only put the slot 1 advantages in the macro. So I only ever have access to 1 advantage in it (Because you can only have 1 of the 2 advantages equipped and can only be in either Feral or Spiritual stance)

It just means that I can swap out whatever slot 1 I need without it fudging up my macro too. So for soloing, I use the Flurry 'cause I'm likely in front of stuff due to out threating mercs but go Rending for groups where there's a tank. Same deal for Spiritual, there's Astral for health gain or Spiritual for power gain.

Of course, other slot advantages have their own keybinds as they're more situational. I.e. Slot 3 being a DoT you only wanna use it to refresh the DoT otherwise it's a DPS loss and slot 4 is for AoE (IF the number of targets causes it to be comparable to slot 1)
  9. Tajar Well-Known Member

Remember that potency mitigation thing too. I was sitting at about 63-64k potency for a while and my dps was hit or miss, once I hit 65k potency I've found it to be much more consistent. While I was usually in the top 5 or 6 in raids, I was way behind the top 2 or 3, like literally half what they were putting out. After hitting 65k I was catching the heals of the other BL and sin (both who have over 70k pot now).
  10. Vogie Active Member

I'll PM you a decent cast order feel free to try it out. Currently Beastlord output is behind the other t1's but if the Beastlord is a decent one they can still compete.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Vokan Well-Known Member

Yeah I got you now. I do the same with primals. I can switch them out and they are all still in my macro. I am creative int he way I place them for the resets and so forth.
  12. Nunya New Member

That would be great thanks
  13. Pertinax New Member

Hey Vogie mind sharing casting order with me please?
    Thank you!!
  14. Carnades New Member

I could also use some help with casting order, my bl Nybblez is very low on parsing vs others in group.
    Ive tried diffrent aa setup, diffrent casting orders and diffrent armor and reforges, nothing seems to help.
    Im sitting at 88k pot, and 728 resolve and still usually last in parse.
    Not sure if its hotkey layout or what i'm doing incorrectly, so any advice is welcome
  15. Vunder Well-Known Member

Beastlords have been nerfed to secondary healers and power feeders.

Anything else is wasting raid spots. You will still parse "ok" but king of T1 is over for the moment, and it will stay over until Primals scale with potency properly.
  16. Tajar Well-Known Member

I have nearly 100k potency and yet feel like I have dropped DPS in the last couple of weeks. It's frustrating as hell dropping down the parse and not being able to do much about it.
  17. Talduke Active Member

Bl are lower than other t1s when you look at class vs class but that’s not to say that we can’t compete or are wasted spots in a raid. I personally would love if the Devs would tweak a few of our new abilities to bump is more in line with top t1 but if you get the right buffs and know how to play the class you can still dance with the top 3.
    I should also mention that Ascension class matters too. Most or all of us went etherealist last xpac when we where stronger but now elementalist is better imo if you spec right and have a healer backing you up.
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

Well yeah, I (and the other BL) can still put out some numbers, and I think for a while we were ahead of most of my raid in potency so it didn't show as much. But now the others are similar potency and such to us now and we are dropping further down as they surpass us. As someone said further up, our primals just do not scale with potency the way that normal spells/abilities do. I feel like I am plateauing now.
  19. Petulant New Member

Pointless raid class at the moment, roll a warlock if you want to parse well