Beastlord cannot summon or tame warders

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Juraiya, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I was trying to tame a warder today, and got the message that I can't tame a warder if a warder was already summoned. This is despite the fact that I had no warder up. I noticed then that the summon warder icons on my hotbar were grayed out, which was puzzling, because I had no warder near me.

I tried calling my warder, I got the message "no eligible target". I tried petoptions to see if I had inadvertently made the warder invisible, and I got the message that I had no pets up. I then tried clicking one of the hotbar icons to summon one, and nothing happened. The warder summon icons remained grayed out through all of this.

My warders list in my Character screen shows that I have half a dozen warders tamed for this particular beastlord. I checked some of my other beastlord characters, and they seem to be fine. Just not this one. I checked my AAs to see if they had gotten reset, and they haven't.

He's level 102; could this be the problem? Is the Beastlord class broken after level 100?

I just checked my other level 102 Beastlord; she is able to summon a warder, although I haven't tested her on taming one yet. So if things are broken, they must not be broken in all cases.

Does anyone have any input on this? Is there something that maybe I've done or that is reset that might do this?
  2. Pickleweasle Member

I I may be completely wrong....... but beastlords got an ability that eats or rather suspends the warder. Could that be your problem?
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

If they do, I'm not aware of it. That could be the problem if it's true. How does one turn off that function? I'd really like that BL to be able to use his pets again. :)

And it would be nice to know about, because then I wouldn't accidentally turn it on, which is apparently what happened to him.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Warders' Ferocity - turns the warder off - it's a toggle
    Juraiya likes this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That was exactly it, thank you. I had no idea that ability even existed; it was right next to several of my combat abilities on my hotbar, and I think I clicked it accidentally.
    santargria likes this.
  6. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Warders 'Ferocity does Not "turn the warder off" , instead it causes the beastlord to absorb the warder , you can still use abilitys while the warder is absorbed and it raises the crit bonus of the beastlord as well. it can be toggled off to "release " the warder and clicked again if you need to save the warder or even recall it , makes it very easy to pet pull a target , when you get a brand new spell on your hot bars reading the full examine Before clicking it on is always a great way to go
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I didn't "click it without reading", I didn't even SEE it. It popped onto my hotbar right between two of the attacks I use regularly; I probably mis-clicked it accidentally during a battle. (I have problems with my hands shaking on occasion; mis-clicks are pretty frequent for me.)

I had no idea that ability even existed. Since it's new to level 101, and he JUST reached that level a few days ago, it's not something I would have experienced. Hence why I asked if I had done something inadvertently, which is exactly what happened.

I can certainly understand what the benefits of the ability are. Once I saw it and read it, I could see them clearly. But when you're trying to tame a new warder, something like that is just confusing if you're unaware that it even exists.
    Siren likes this.