Beastlord Bugs

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Rarrum, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Rarrum Active Member

It's been a while, so I figured I'd post another consolidated "known bugs" thread:

Some beastlord abilities heal the mob:
    (1479525686)[Fri Nov 18 19:21:26 2016] YOUR U'lla's Resolution heals Shanaira the Powermonger for a Legendary critical of 8060708 hit points.
    (1479523106)[Fri Nov 18 18:38:26 2016] YOUR Truespirit Venom heals Shanaira the Powermonger for a Fabled critical of 11920 hit points.
    Devour used to do this also.. not sure if it still does.

Chillbarrier still doesn't crit.

Beastlord bar cannot be locked like other UI components, to prevent accidentally dragging an icon off of it (and subsequently dropping it elsewhere, wrecking havoc on your ability bars mid-combat).

Truespirit Strike doesn't have either a Savagery or Spirituality modifier like other primals.

Salivary Excretion (slot 2 Feral Stance primal) also shows up and can be selected (but not used) in Spiritual Stance.

It's never been confirmed whether it's intentional or a bug. Beastlord heals, which are combat arts, can miss. When they miss, they not only do no damage (fine), but also don't heal the group (can be a problem).

Beastmaster's Sight doesn't reveal potentially tameable Exotic or Insect warders.

The character window, Warders tab, shows completely-wrong power values for warders that are not the actively-summoned warder.

Beastlord warder' power pool doesn't benefit from the beastlord's agility. As a result pets have a measly ~10k max power pool at level 100. Power drains that are small to a player (which has 250k+ now) completely wipe out the warder's power.

This one is actually new with this recent xpac release I think: On the character window, Warders tab, changing the selected warder will (usually) not update the abilities listed at the bottom to match the new selection.
    Idaho Iksar, DoomDrake and Entropy like this.
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

Chillbarrier not critting is probably the "worst" one on there. Been around forever - at this point, I almost have to assume that they don't care and it's never getting fixed.
  3. Reevar Active Member

The monk ward was doing basically the same thing and it got fixed last year. But this one is still sitting there being dumb.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Why do I get the impression they either are unable or unwilling to fix this class which is by far my favorite class to play!

This is an excellent example of them either not able or unwilling to fix the BL - I mean really, all other hotbars lock - this is perhaps one of the most annoying things in game and has been in game how long?

HEY DEVS..... FIX THE FREAKING HOT BAR ALREADY!!!!
    Rock79 likes this.
  5. Talduke Active Member

While I agree this needs to be fixed I worked around it by dragging the bl bar to the very top of my screen and set up a new normal bar that has all the advantages/primals that I use on it. This also allows you to arrange the resettable primals after the ones that reset them so it's a straight shot down the line. I do have to drag and drop when swapping aoe to single though
  6. Pitta Active Member

Everyone is trying to fix a class that is in one of the best spots it has ever been in. Reminds me of certain summoners and sorcerers.
    santargria likes this.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

That only works if you have enough hot spots of which I do not - I tried that before my hot bar filled up but now my hot bar is full and I'm unable to use that technique
  8. Entropy Well-Known Member

You can't tune classes for overall balance until you fix bugs. Things need to be at least working properly before you start doing things like adjusting base damage or tweaking mechanics. "Let some things stay broken on purpose" is not a good strategy for class balancing.
  9. Rarrum Active Member

This bug list is not about damage. The newest bug that was added with KA for example, where the Warder window is broken such that you can't see what the different warder abilities do by selecting them in the list, doesn't affect experienced beastlords at all. It really screws over new beastlords trying to understand the warder differences though.
  10. Mickeyroon New Member

My beastlord only have 35AA on the xp bar but the warder AA screen said there's 40, is that bugged?
  11. Reevar Active Member

Beastlords are not asking for moar dps. We just want things to work the way they should. If we have to spam a button 5 times due to lag can we not have it drag off the bar? Changes with KA have made me focus on a single class I just want things to work.
  12. Vokan Well-Known Member

There are 5 short quests to get you each point above 35. They are listed on the bl guide if you google it.
  13. Munchiez New Member

Bring out the NERF bat! Beastlords are more broken than just one ability not critting or not being able to lock a hotbar. When no other scouts can keep up there is an issue here. Either BLs need to get smashed in a back dark ally with the nerf beatdown or all other scouts need to be turned into Godmode.
  14. Rougez Active Member

It is always some random, new member, screaming for nerfs. Get better, predators are just as capable as BL's
  15. Anjel Member

We need EQ2 Flames back. That was one of the best sites for keeping those "players" at bay.
  16. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Yus! This is MOST annoying. Have made screen shots as the beastlord bar buttons always seem to want to hug the mouse and get tossed somewhere else... then I'm searching for Beastial Ferocity and it's got some other icon that got drug there from mouse hug syndrome.
  17. Tanek New Member

I found this thread while searching for an answer to why the skill Beastmaster's Sight does not identify potential exotic or insect warders. Is this an actual bug, or is it intended? Seems to be zero information out there on it. Even the wiki leaves Beastmaster's Sight completely out of the Beastlord description.

On a positive note, either I am lucky and don't have the bug, or they fixed the one where "On the character window, Warders tab, changing the selected warder will (usually) not update the abilities listed at the bottom to match the new selection." Because that seems to work for me with no problem.