Beastlord aa build

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Gator, May 12, 2017.

1. Gator New Member

I am working (gradually) on my beastlord. But my aa build is a mess ( Hemol on AB) any help would be much appreciated.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Most of BL have very same AA setup just grab any fully geared actively played BLs as an example
    My AA been set get most benefits in KA environment so you can look on mine set and mirror it
  3. Fairin Active Member

i like doomdrake's spec. i would however, if i was lacking cb take more points in imbued sight and the bonus one beneath it instead of 6 aa's in potency % untill you no longer need crit bonus from AA's.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

In the short run - you are right, I am at cap because of gear/18 points of Tithe in CB in a sense capping CB quintessential but nowadays with new gear it reasonably easy task (even with let say 10 points tithe in CB). Unfortunate, heal mechanic today works like that - if you are not get 1-short any healer (except of druids) can heal you to the full - hence idea of build survive 1 hit and if necessary few more. Enchanted vigor give you soooo much health not even funny (I got +50% from 8 points in it - 4M) other important AA set it chill barrier - 20 seconds of 60% damage reduction it might be exactly what you will need survive tankage while tank snapping agro from you
    DPS wise you won't get much of AA even from Potency boosters (yeah you get some thou) - I took following approach :) I in tread "community DPS testing" picked top 4 BL and looked for their AA distribution but with some caviar in it. Some AA have an consensus so they are no brain. Some do notable variation where you decide what more useful for you - like shadow AA - what you like more extra 10% on food/drink duration or some boost for stats for your deity pet or perhaps boost you power pool to squeeze few more drops of damage from EtherShadow *** :). All in all currently I am happy with my setup
    Another none usual approach from my side on Shadow AA - I invested heavy into power reduction for advantages (-50%) I seen in this x-pack A LOT power draining on fights hence - this extending my fighting ability to the point that I might be able get my Primal chain on full with a bit less power left
    Fairin likes this.
  5. Fairin Active Member

HP = king, a dps that can't / takes more than a hit to die is perferable to one that does a good ammount of dps then dies when a trash mob looks at them funny.

also raid wipe mechanics... you really wanna be that guy where the rest of your party chooses not to wear their self ward and the shaman's group wards just dont protect enough and you get one shot every so often because of it?

besides. a dps that takes aggro and survives is also a tank!.. think of the possibilities! - he he...
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. Alexstrasza Active Member

look up my AA Spec, I no longer need a MAX HP spec so you might want to take the 8 points out of CB and move them into Enchanted Vigor if needed.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

8. Akerin New Member

I too have a BL (Patte De'Chaton - English translation - Kitten Paws) I just kind of randomly set up my aa's because I had no clue who to look at I will compare my setup to both Arkmarux and DoomDrake and set up a couple test templates to see where the differences lie. I spend 99 percent of my time in spiritual stance for the wards that it provides and love it so this will be the basis of my decision to stay as is or change my template.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Can't DPS if you're dead, and if the encounter has a 'death count', then you're just adding to that problem.
  10. Vokan Well-Known Member

Dont look at the above specs. Look up Lush on IoR.
    Its easy to max CB. Once you do, dont put a point Imbued Insight, put them in Enhanced Vigor. Both of the above have their Beastlord Prestige messed up.
    Also if you are going to use Spiritual, have a separate build for it. Doomdrake is wasting points in his Prestige tree by picking the first two on both sides. One helps spiritual increase, the other Feral. No need to have both on the same build.