Bear up, folks! :)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The forums have been a wee bit sparse lately, and at first I was puzzled...then I saw the various weather reports across the country. :-/

Here, we've just been catching up/making up for almost half a decade of a pretty severe drought in like one month (okay, okay, we got it, the snow pack's up, the hills are washing out to sea [again...], thanks ever so much, but -- can you please knock it off for a bit now?!) and looking at overnight temperatures in the low 40s-high 30s (and not in just the mountains...we are seriously not prepped for stuff like this). :-/

I understand that the South has been hit with dozens of tornadoes (in late January...), the Northeast is blowing away, and the Great Plains and Midwest are basically frozen solid (hope my in-laws in Indianapolis and CHICAGO are doing okay, respectively! even the ones in No. California are getting harder hit than we are down here). X-P

So! My well-wishes are going out to us all, and I hope the hands of the Weather Wizards (those responsible for no inclement weather on Rose Bowl Parade Day...sorry :-/) brush us all very lightly. Be safe! Be well! :)

Uwk
    Merriel, Prissetta, Gretel and 2 others like this.
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

You know I've lived in Ca. for 35+ years before moving to Fl.

And every year it was the same old thing... Malibu and coastal areas washed out during rain storms, desert, hill and mountain areas wiped out by fires

When are they going to figure out that after the fires you need to plant scrubs, bushes and trees to take root before the rains come every January?

Not making light of the severe weather we are all experiencing but heck it happens all the time and they do nothing to help avoid some these catastrophes

All in all, hopefully we'll all get through it again until the next season of weather comes along!
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen, absolutely! Seems to me there used to be more of an effort made in the days of yore, but not so much these days...and catch basins. We should do catch basins. :-/

Uwk
    sad that the water running off gleefully could be put to better use... ;->
    Prissetta, Merriel and santargria like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to those of you in those places that have been hit so hard with the weather that are not used to it, though I am thankful for the mild winter we have had here in PA because of the fact that I have to walk to school regardless of the weather. Just started my second semester...three more semesters to go after this one, so hoping the weather holds out until I am done at least. :D
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    who really, really loves the 1960s+ layout design of most Cal. campuses: everything in a neat little bubble, not strung out all over the place. :D
    Prissetta likes this.