Be honest, where are you on the parsings?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-LoreLady, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-frisco444 Guest

Dude, i luv ya man, but ya need to play the class that is not how rangers are.
  2. ARCHIVED-frisco444 Guest

Let's get away from the numbers thing for a sec...

Do you not think it's messed up that some of the major raiding guilds in this game DO NOT HAVE rangers and DO NOT WANT them? That right there shows you that the class is undesireable therefore broken. When you're not needed for raids, which is apparently all you care about balancing, there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. Mabye you should stop looking at your "raw data"(Fully mastered and fabled out ranger on an in game test server? /laugh) and see what ACTUAL players think and do.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wil81115 Guest

so to sum up this entire thread...
    Raiding Rangers in some of LEADING raiding guilds in the game AND a couple of the LEADING guilds Worldwide without any Rangers, say and posted proof that we are NOT fine.
    When you have some of the BEST players in YOUR game, WORLDWIDE, saying you have issues, then you do.
    And yet we are still ignored.. :smileysad: that says alot about a company and its customer service..:smileysad:
  4. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Recurved bow from Cube mob has a DR of 94.1. Using legendary T8 ammo (ichorstrand) it hits for around 2.3K normal and 4.6K crits with 100% DPS buff. The bow has a big damage range so it tends to get 4.6K on nearly all crits with the current formula. The bow has a 7 sec delay if memory serves.
    The Ancient bow from Venekor has a DR of 106. I do not have or know anyone with this bow (venekor sucks [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]) and can only go off what I've been told for damage. What I've heard is it hits using the same T8 legendary ammo for around 3.5-4K and crits for around 6.5K. The bow has a 8 sec delay.
    Lets assume both bows are used at 100% haste:
    2.3 / 3.5 sec = 657 DPS
    4.6 / 3.5 sec = 1,314 DPS

3.5 / 4 sec = 875 DPS
    6.5 / 4 sec = 1,625 DPS

Going on average switching up from the Recurved to the Ancient bow would bump up a rangers DPS slightly over 200. They do loose the 5% damage proc from the Recurved though so the jump may end up being more like slightly under 200.
    Easy fix for rangers. Add more bows with these high damage ratings and make them actually obtainable. Every other class in this damm game can get multiples of great weapons from numerous mobs and zones. Rangers are stuck with ONE mob in ONE zone. And this ONE mob drops ONE item every kill and has a HUGE loot table making it near impossible to get.
    This may not get rangers equal to assassins but it'd sure get them a hell of alot closer. Maybe even close enough to make the difference tolerable.

PS - Venekor is a big fat ugly green [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] dragon that I hate with every thread of my fiber.
  5. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

I hate Venekor too! I have the Recurved bow from the cubes, but I'm still taking the Warbow if it ever drops for us, it's just too much of an upgrade. I've decided I'll pass on Bazkul and take an Ichorstrand next time we see one, I want my free ammo!
  6. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Ya if you have Recurved already I'd just go with Ichorstrand and let someone else get Bazkul. I have no real interest in Bazkul since I already have my free ammo and it's DR is only 4 higher then Recurved and it has a lower damage proc then Recurved. I still think it's funny that the Legendary Sinew Wrapped from Lyceaum has a higher % and damage proc then Bazkul. I'll never understand these item designers.
  7. ARCHIVED-USAFJeeper Guest

Ok, update from me on my ranger DPS. We have done some group adjustments, I now get the benefit of the coercer. I added Ichorstrand to my arsenal for ammo and still use the Grizz for playing. I have concentrated on dancing around mob more to achieve a more optimum amount of damage. I redid my Achievements to AGI and INT instead of AGI and STR.

I have raised my DPS output. I placed I think third last night behind an assassin and a swash. Now for the sad part. Zone wide parse of HoS (Thank you Venekor for dropping a crappy mage robe that was not even no drop and a Adept1) still put me about 300+ DPS behind the assassin and swash. On some fights they nearly doubled my damage.

These are good players though and I know a large part of it is their abilities in their class. I have basically decided that by working my butt off EVERY fight I can do decent DPS. Now, because I am lazy... I would like to see procs that go off of melee also work off of ranged combat. Add a couple bows to the game with a decent DR, or have Venekor drop somthing besides crap. Shorten some recast timers. I dont think those are game breaking suggestios, but thats where I am now after trying very hard to get better.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

/AGREE
    I don't think it'd take much - some adjustments to existing buffs to make them proc off ranged would help. Everyone should have to work for their DPS, but we seem to be stuck fighting an uphill battle in the snow for good (not great) DPS.
  9. ARCHIVED-Imlach Guest

umm, guys flame me all you want for being a noob asking question completely out of the thread's subject but i wonder;
    that unlimited ammo you speak of, is it a speciality of those above mentioned bows? or is it a separate item yopu put in your ammo slot that gives you unlimited arrows?

if it is such an item can you point me a link and tell me where it drops, if ever...

thanking you in advance
  10. ARCHIVED-Imlach Guest

oh and i completely agree with Jay here,

we (and every class) must work for reaching great DPS values... the problem i see with us, we struggle hard to make just "OK" DPS... and it costs us too...

no matter what everyone says, or thinks about us rangers... in all the games i played online for years (dont let my post numbers fool you) the best community was and always been the rangers.. i still have faith we can make people see the problems rangers have in here...
  11. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

The ammo from Ichorstrand or Bazkul can be used with any bow. Currently the best possible setup for a ranger is to have one of these bows for ammo and use the Ancient War bow from Venekor to shoot it with. Downside is Venekor is a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing piece of [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] mob with a loot table to big that drops one item off it which is usually a piece of [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] no one wants or will use.
    Yes I hate Venekor if you couldn't tell.
  12. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

We share a common bond in hating that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing dragon. :smileyhappy:
  13. ARCHIVED-snowbrdr093 Guest

Yeah, I hate it too, /looks at Ancestral Sarnak War Bows rotting in guild bank. I wish he would drop something else. :smileywink:
  14. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

Stop it Rhaz!!!!!!! :smileytongue:
    You're as bad as Snark.
  15. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

Assassins > Rangers.
    To Snark: My rings > your rings
    To Devs: Fix rangers, however you see fit, they aren't as good as me!
  16. ARCHIVED-Snarks Guest

Low blow! Talking smack in a thread I hardly even know about, for shame!
  17. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

Random_noob_003 > Snark
    Yea I think we all hate Venekor, or any mob that has a chance to drop a bow. Bows are probably the most rare drop in the game. Its quite annoying too, because those bows are very nice.
  18. ARCHIVED-Spite Guest

More toons can use bows (8) than two handers (4) but lets count he number of times i have heard - oh great another f****** two hande POS. How often do you hear that about a bow? You see more intrest in the legendry bow from Lyc than 95% of the fabled 100+ DR two-handed weapon in the game.

Cruckin 70 Zerker
    Best Quote - I am switching mains cause repair kits are cheaper than poisons and arrows.
    Message Edited by FiftyK on 08-11-2006 01:19 PM
    Message Edited by FiftyK on 08-11-2006 01:38 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Naku9 Guest

change player casted procs such as those from warlocks and druids to proc off a successful attack rather then a successful melee attack so they can proc off bow, problem solved k thx bye
  20. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Unfortunatly, thats only part of the problem not the root.