Be honest, where are you on the parsings?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-LoreLady, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Rahmn Guest

If your raiding, there almost no situation where one healer per group, except the MT group, is not sufficient. 5 healers per raid is pretty ideal. Even on Crucor(sp) with his nasty aoe's 1 healer per group was enough to kill him. I can't speak for the turledragon, haven't attempted him yet.
  2. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

So would I :smileyhappy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

It can happen. Just have Kobal play Axkiva one time and we will all see how rangers compare to assassins. Well, we can compare Axkiva to me because the armor she wears I have as backups. Same gear basically.
  4. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

I really don't think Axkiva is equally equipped... the ranger would have to have Bazkul or the Warbow with Bazkul ammo for sure.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

Get him a bow (never will happen) and he can be equally equiped with me if I use my backup armor. Her armor is all from the Claymore line basically.
  6. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

You're not me :smileytongue:
  7. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Rahmn Guest

Pardon my noobness, but whats so good about the Bazkul ammo, other than its free(which in itself is great)?
  9. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

It's legendary ammo and hits harder than any adamantine arrow ever could.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

And basically it's tier 8, much more effective, especially against mobs over level 70.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

That ammo plus the Ancestral Sarnac Bow from HoS = 4k + hits with your arrows, and thats not even criting.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rahmn Guest

Hmm, that sounds highly desirable, I was gonna say Holy[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn][expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] Batman, but [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
  13. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

You could also sub in Ichorstrand for Bazkul both produce T8 legendary ammo. I've yet to hear that one ammo is superior to the other. The hard one to get is the Sarnac bow from HoS because Venekor is a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] and only likes to drop one piece of junk every trip.

On a side note - /applauds_masseman

I knew it wouldn't take you long to self destruct and show off how ignorant you are to everyone here. Congratz you did an even better job then I could have imagined. Can't wait to see your next insightful post and then seeing it ripped to shreds :)
  14. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Worst part is, I started to go in circles out of his completely false statements.
  15. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

Ok, I give up - obviously noone is listening.
    I'll pretend to agree instead: Rangers suck ... :smileymad:
  16. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

Now that we have all come to agreement, what should happen to help the rangers out?
  17. ARCHIVED-arkkon Guest

Its in this thread, if you look hard enough.
  18. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

Just so there is no question about the importance of melee: I usually do NOT melee in raids. I strictly use CA's unless the tank loses agro. I will generate from 450-650 DPS in Labs. This is with half fabled (including Wurmslayer), and a few Masters.
  19. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Serventof Wrath Guest

up the damage on snaring shot
    lower cast timers on several of our ranged CAs
    fix/change the DR on bows: Long Bow change to ranger only and base DR/delay off 2H weapons with a very long range, Short Bows change to assassin only and base DR/delay off DW weapons with a very short range, and introduce a normal bow make open to any class that can currently use a bow but base DR/delay off 1H weapons with an average range. This would give rangers the DR of a 2H weapon but not allow other classes with double attack AAs to still out dps us while doing nothing but auto-ranged. This would also give assassins a crazy fast low DR bow that they would use from up close since they do more melee damage then ranged. Finally the normal bow option with DR based off 1H weapons still allows tank classes to use a bow for pulling or ranged (corsolander) type fights but not give them the fire power a ranger would bring to the fight.
    and as long as I'm making a wish list a stunned mob should never be able to parry a stealthed or flanking/rear attack