Baubbleshire for sale!!!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aelfan, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Aelfan Active Member

Finally my first ever toon, Bardalarius the Berserker gnome of Halls of Fate, may get his old home back! I will very probably buy this new offerring, but I am certainly dissappointed that ALL of the houses aren't open; that the halfling holes that have been opened are so small (I will not be buying this for any of my halflings); and especially that the room at the top of the stairs, where Bardalarius actually lived in the old Baubbleshire, is not there! If his original home was there I would have bought it immediately!!
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw! :( Drat...yeah, I can't imagine why they didn't open up everything in the "not a halfling hole, just a general building for everyone else" areas. There's a ton of 'holes, like houses in a cookie-cutter subdivision; there's not a lot of other places. :-/

Uwk
    who didn't have too many toons living there, but they were all at the main inn...and who wonders, if the guild halls destroyed all the reasons to be in the suburbs because of crafting, banking, etc., why not let us at least have housing there, still? What's the story reason for having all that area "suddenly" (the minute we didn't have to zone) be invaded and now we have to slaughter our former friends and neighbors? I still think it's something the techs did accidentally when they took down the "gotta zone every time you wanna go across town" barriers, and they just don't want to admit it...
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Karamella and 2 others like this.
  3. Aelfan Active Member

I can understand not having to work out the coding for every locked building, but somehow surely they could have put the two-room home behind that door?
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh...if they can put the mere lobby of the inn into the Snowglobe House... ;->

Uwk
    Aelfan, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, this "house" is a huge disappointment. Just a patch of land with already placed structures and a few tiny hobbit holes. There is no way I'll buy it.

And speaking frankly they did not add a single "prestige house" during last years I wanted to buy. Each "house" is just a piece of outland or instance: a huge useless mass of land. I found myself decorating mostly the original Qyesnos/Freeport/Maj'Dul/Gorowyn/Kelethin/New Hallas houses because they are actually houses where my character wants to live. And she has no idea what to do with City of Myst, for instance, or Siren's grotto, and more importanty-there is not reason for her to even own or visit them.
    Dude, Aelfan and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

With me, I usually have to have a reason to decorate (like a swap or contest), other than "throw it in the door, shut it behind, hope it closes" ("Re-skin? Why, are the guts hanging out?"), but I do like the idea of the prestige "lands," where more ingenious folk than I can create entire cities, massive country estates for their nobles, resorts, etc. ;->

Granted, I haven't done much of anything with the ones I already have, but I like the idea that they're out there, and we have options. ;->

But yeah, it would be kind of tricky to work around the "theme" of the Baubbleshire; if they'd only given us the equivalent of a 2-room place, not just halfling sized, somewhere in there, it'd have an awesome view. :-/

Uwk
  7. Karamella Well-Known Member

Since I have a bunch of Halflings I bought it yesterday. Couldn't resist but now I need some good ideas. Gardens.....halflings need gardens flooded with growing fruits, benches in front of their home and stuff like that *walking away mumbling to herself*
  8. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I got The Baubbleshire and the 2 CE houses that I didn't have ( Everfrost and Lavastorm ) pretty expensive for my "amount of money sitting around ready to be thrown out the window" situation :) but if I I take into consideration how many hours of entertainment I will have it is worth it :) I agree with Karamella , if we had more growing fruits and vegetables for decorating that would be wonderful !
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I'm getting the Dhlgar (sp) house which I missed out on but. . . . It would have been super nice to have gotten the recipe for the building blocks to go with it! Comeon guys! , , , REALLY??

*I know I can have people make them for me but they are not MINE and I cant PICK them UP! Would have been nice to have my own. I mean isn't that the point of getting the house in the first place??*
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I wish I could afford the same 3 houses you purchased Alyndrys. I wish we knew if these homes would be available for purchase for a limited time at least in January, I can buy them on January 3rd, but not by the 28th, I have one of my children's hatching day and Christmas in December. I have enough for the Baubleshire house.

When Mirt and I toured it when it first appeared on the portal, you could get into the main inn, and one of the other buildings, wonder if they sealed them off for some reason, I have not been back into it since my tour and decided then and there that at least my halfling must have that house.
  11. Aelfan Active Member

You can get into the same houses that you could, and can, get into as a zone, and they have added two small halfling holes (these people need to read The Hobbit to find out what a halfling hole should look like inside!). But the *home* you had at the top of the stairs in the inn does not exist, and is really the point as far as I am concerned.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I like to plan ahead my purchases too I hate to be pressed into buying things ( I usually don't buy ) and I also hate the lottery system when you buy something with little chance to get what you want so I actually feel cheated :( I will continue to buy things and support the game until I can have fun if not I will try to find another game ( with heavy heart because I love EQ2 very much )
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will have the Baubleshire for my halfling. I hope that someone from DB will comment on if these properties will be available after December 28th even if only for a limited time. December holidays and birthdays make finances tight for a lot of people but will finances will loosen up a bit in January.

If they decide to even give us until say January 8th to purchase the houses, no bonus from them, I know that I will buy all 3 that you bought Alyndrys and probably 2 additional Baubleshire houses, one for my halfling and one for my gnome that both had their homes in the Baubleshire. If they will not be available after December 28th, I will only be getting 1 Baubleshire home for my halfling and nothing else.

The only "lottery" item I bought was the gingerdread merc crates when they first came out 2 years ago, I bought one 7 pack and 1 3 pack. At that time that gave every character I had on the account 1 crate to open and gave my main 2 to open and 1 I gave to my hubby to open. Out of the 10, we got at least 1 of every single merc and we got 2 of the ultra-rare ninja dread merc. I detest anything RNG because luck never shines on me. I bought the gingerdread crates even though they were RNG because I wanted each of my existing characters to have a gingerdread merc. Now I have 12 more characters on the account and 3 free slots so I would need to buy another 15 crates so all of the new characters can have a gingerdread merc, but that is not going to happen this December.

But, I am very happy for you Alyndrys. I am being vicariously excited that someone can get them and I rejoice in you getting what you wanted. I truly hope everybody can get at least one of their wishes this holiday season whether in game or out in the *gasps* real world.

~Cyrrena

PS Maybe when you are done decorating them, you could have Ocarinah or Febrith do a video tour so we can see them?
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant, Q, absolutely right! I thought that by them offering the houses at like 2x the cost of the usual ones, that they'd at least offer the building block sets as adjuncts, or as part of the deal, but noooooooooooo... :(

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! C'mon, devs/artists, all halfling holes are "bigger on the inside" (well, they expand further into the hillside, especially if you're rich enough to have an end row one and can take up more land inside)! ;)

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Did you get The Ginger______ (whatever it was) suffix title when you got the mercs? Someone was asking...

EDIT: Ah! That was Wimble, and Kaitheel was nice enough to answer. :)

Uwk
    who also detests RNG stuff, since RNGeezus is NOT my friend (ironic that the spell-check suggested "ungenerous" for that term...). Ask me about that time I probably rolled 1's on 13 separate occasions in one day of pen-n-paper gaming (only started keeping track after around 9+; "statistical averages," my right eyebrow)... X-P
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

A hobbit hole or halfling hole is more like a dimensional pocket. The doors are all the same size, but the more stuff you put in them the bigger everything besides the doors gets. I think its like a balloon, you put 1 PSI in it and its barely the size of a matchbox car, put 1000 PSI in it and you have a jumbo jet.

Or simply tunnel into your neighbors halfling hole and tell them it was yours in the first place. *grins snarkily*
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can just imagine what "property line" difficulties there could be... ;->

Uwk
    Aelfan and Breanna like this.
  19. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Thank you Cyrrena for the good thoughts :) I have myself a couple of the gingerbread mercs they are soooo cute ! I will decorate the houses for the video tour but I must say my decorating skills and artistic creativity are far beyond ( eggnog made me say beyond when I really meant far BEHIND !) the people in the EQ2 house decorating community I admire so much :) Happy Holidays everyone and a wonderful Frostfell !!
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Far beyond, or the opposite? :D

And don't worry if your skills need help; I'm useless without a storyline to follow for a project. :-/

Uwk
    Alyndrys likes this.