Battlegrounds for Kaladim

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Redlight, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

Reasons why this might work out really well:

1. A big portion of Kaladim players are from the previous Nagafen server and love PvP. Aside from that, a lot of old school Battleground lovers also seem to be around on Kaladim.

2. It is a opportunity to draw oldschool battleground fanatics back to the game.

3. Itemization is already balanced for BG.

4. Regarding abilities, one of the few things that really needs changing is nagafen CC ruleset. Implement immunities again and just completely remove daring advance's 100% interrupt chance. Along with other obviously broken abilities.

5. The boredom of being in between expansions would become minor for a lot of players. These players are also exactly the group of players who get bored in between expansions. The laidback casuals never finish up their content anyway, and they usually aren't the biggest fans of BG.

6. Gears of Klak'Anon, Battlefield of Ganak and Smuggler's Den don't need anything changed, I believe.

7. Being able to have a sidegame within the game you play, with your own toons, is just a lot of fun!

Reasons why a new PvP server WILL NOT work out:

1. It is too difficult to balance.

2. People quit over the slightest inconveniences. Less players means less action, means more people quit and so the server dies out very quickly.

3. A lot of players like it more to PvP a little bit instead of being locked to PvP 100% of the time on a PvP server.
    Meaning that your target audience for BG is a lot bigger.
    Dreamphaser and Sixgauge like this.
  2. Seth Well-Known Member

no thanks.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

Any chance you could explain why this isn't a good idea? Or are you just here to troll because you don't like it?
  4. Seth Well-Known Member

1. prove that the majority of kaladim want pvp. instead of non factual " facts "

2.True Battleground people may come back but highly unlikely afterall they are / have already invested time elsewhere.

3.Itemization for BG will Not be balanced now as too much has changed over the years it's been missing.

4. They wont modify abilities to suit a singular aspect of the game which in all honesty wont gain much attention as it did not in the past. Well thats a slight lie, it was decent player-wise but not thriving not anywhere near standards, the gameplay felt
    choppy and severely one sided.

5. I do however agree that there should be a filler of sorts somewhere mid expansion, but not in the forms of " PvP " This game was never advertised as a PVP game and as such wont succeed in it.

6. Battlefield of Ganak was the only decent one.

7. Just get them to bring back LoN. Easier, faster, and in a sense " mini game PvP "
    then again i could just go play Magic.

And then a few of your Reasons why it wont work etc.

But what you have there is small bullet points with no actual factual data to represent them.

Everything i am writing now is based on personal experience as a " fairly good PVPer " and Logical thinking.

I wouldnt be opposed to PVP in EQ2 However, it just wont work, it's that simple and i cant go into more " detail " on it because quite frankly if you see over the years, each attempt of " PvP " has been an utter failure, and at this point, if i want PvP ( which is rarely ) i generally go to a game that has has it as its core focus be it BDO, B&S , WoW and a fair few others.

But because this games Primary / secondary focus is Not PvP it will never succeed.
    And on top of that, the developers team currently is quite small compaired to other games so cross references wont do any good.

They have a hard time as it is doing what they are currently doing with the people they currently have, on top of that we currently have a thing called a Virus going around atm so..

Adding more uneccessary hassle to a game that just needs refining at this point in time will just ruin any expectation you have IF said thing was to eventually be " implemented " in whatever form that may be.

Yikes i would even go play Halo or Warframe for PVP over expecting this game to do a quality PvP Aspect.

It just wont happen.
  5. Redlight Well-Known Member

You do realize that a new PvP server is coming up right?
  6. Seth Well-Known Member

You do realize that it will follow the exact same path right.
  7. Venser Active Member

You do realize that Kander literally said in the latest podcast "not happening, ever." He said it was a limited time mode that ran its course and would have to be completely redone in coding to get it to work, he went on to say that they have neither the resources nor the team to be able to spend time on making Battlegrounds work.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Indeed, listen to Kander's Candor #4, Redlight. BGs are a no-go. You know, a permanent Red Light. ;)

Kander explained how BGs were originally rushed and shoved into the game due to a command from on high. They had major problems with characters being lost while zoning in or out of them, and even other login screen PvE characters permanently disappeared over it. Yeesh!

Caith, who pretty much handles PvP all by himself, has also said multiple times he can't handle doing 2 sets of gear (PvE and PvP).

But that said, Kander did state that "We're not done with PvP," so thank goodness, there's going to be a PvP server! You can PvE there as well as PvP, so think of it that way. If you don't want to PvP with your crafter/harvester or something, lock at 9 to avoid it.

Last fall, when Kander first mentioned bringing up a PvP server for early this year after the expansion dropped, it was said it wouldn't be another seasonal 3-months-and-down-again thing, because, to the shock of exactly no one, that didn't go over so well.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

That would be awesome, a lot of people played BGs and there is not much else to do after you "beat" an expansion. Unfortunately it seems like Kander is making all the gameplay and gear decisions. When the EQ2 team says "never going to happen", it actually means nothing to me, as it means nothing to the team and they will change their mind on a dime for a dime. How many open world PvP servers have they had to shut down, yet they keep trying they same old failed recipe. But hey, I'm sure the level 14 PVP in DLW will be much more fun and engaging this time, Kander has some great ideas to revive PvP like temporary servers and nerfed Xp.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Something new they could try is level locking the server at some level, give everyone instant leveling baubles so everyone is the same level, and raise the level cap/unlock content every so often. Basically like a TLE server but with level cap baubles, and not necessarily follow the same level cap and unlock path as typical. Just to throw out an example, the server could start in EoF level capped at 40. And even that will likely fail, the remaining population wanting to play on a pvp server is so small, I couldn't even get groups to level up or hunt gear last time, and there was hardly any pvp.

I don't think I like factionless FFA system, because I do enjoy solo pvp and 1v1 fights and it seems everyone was too scared to roll without a group under an exile/FFA system. In theory you would have more targets, but in reality everyone joins together in a raid and steamrolls the remaining fools that didn't join the raid.
    Siren likes this.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

They need a bot that auto deletes any thread with the word Battlegrounds, or PVP in the title.
    Ixian likes this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

What I would like to see in a pvp server.

Remove FFA, factions are important
    Needs to be a permanent server.
    Start at EoF
    10 weeks per expansion / season
    Put in leveling baubles with mid-content patches
    The server can have seasonal leaderboards
    Siren likes this.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Are you volunteering to be the bot? They would have to delete their PvP forums to conform to your rules. Regardless, thanks for reading the thread and commenting.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No. I'm saying go clog up the PVP section with threads about battlegrounds, a feature anyone with a brain could've told you isn't coming back.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

I can't wait for a TL-PvP instead of those 3 month seasons. That put people off even more than FFA, which also sucked. In FFA, AoEs accidentally hit guildies, and it just separates an already-small population into 2 different PvP servers because Freeps stay Freep side and Qeynosians stay in Qeynos.

It's also hard to build community and want to help people by even selling them spells and gear because you're just helping enemies to gank you with it. Same with teaming: 5 minutes after they break team, they're killing you. Why would you want to help them or anyone like that?

Factional is way better because you can jump in and help someone, and build community/guilds, and there are still Exiles for those that truly want FFA.
  16. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Makes 2 trash posts complaining about others clogging up threads, but I understand the heavy grief over 15 year old avatars can be tough to cope with.
    [IMG]
    Nuhvohk likes this.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You're a child. I understand your inability to understand that battlegrounds is not viable due to its 6 people queuing up in three days, yet avatars have been cleared on cooldown.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You're a narcissist and your troll comments regarding battlegrounds are wrong and irrelevant.
  19. Dreamphaser New Member

Why is this not a thing yet? It would keep a lot of Kaladim players engaged.
  20. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Did you read the thread? There have already been several replies that have pointed out exactly why this will never happen.

It just isn't feasible. I think the people that want it back grossly overestimate how popular it would be. It would be a ton of work for very little return on investment. At best it'll be popular for the first couple of days while people check it out once and then never queue again.