Battleground and Time-Locked Server for Drink?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wilowsong, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Wilowsong Active Member

Hello,
    Every time I drink a Dread Essence, my chat gets spammed saying I need a Battleground and a Time-Locked server. This is confusing because the drink doesn't say I need a special server. Is this happening because I made it?
    Thank you,
    Wilowsong.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It has been doing this on a few of the food and drinks since the Proving Grounds were put into the game. I have /bugged it a couple of times. There is nothing wrong with it, its just a false message.
    Wilowsong likes this.
  3. Wilowsong Active Member

Can I turn the messages off?
    Thank you for the reply,
    Wilowsong.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There is no way to stop the messages that I have found.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Stop drinking Dread Essence, it's a level 1 drink and you are level 91. Get something better!
  6. Wilowsong Active Member

I think Dread Essence is a good drink, it increases my max health by 3.0%! :) I like having a lot of health so it's harder for monsters to drain.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For a DPS class, you worry about your ability to lay down damage. If you kill it faster, it gets less chance to hit you, and therefore you don't need more health. You're not a tank, standing there slugging it out with the foe. Yoiu nuke it hard, it dies, you dust off your sleeves.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Sigrdrifa is correct - get food and drinks at the right level for your adventuring level. If you are level 90, stop using level 1 food and drink - you are stopping yourself maximising your full primary stat potential (that's INT for a mage, not STR/STA for a tank),
    Sigrdrifa and Cheallaigh like this.
  9. Wilowsong Active Member

I was just curious about the messages I was getting. Health is my favorite stat, so I like the Dread Essence for the 3.0% max health.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

/headdesk
    Rhodris likes this.
  11. Wilowsong Active Member

Doesn't everyone have a favorite stat?
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have never sat down and tested this, but I'm pretty sure that when your food/drink is much lower level than you are, its stats are reduced significantly, just like old armor stats. You don't see it looking at it, but it isn't doing what you think it is.

The primary purpose for drink is to regenerate power when you are out of combat. Drink stats are the cherry on that particular sundae. Food, on the other hand, exists to regenerate your health out of combat, and again, stats are just a bonus. Dread Essence does 16 points of power regen. Sulfur Tepache does 353.6 power regen AND lasts for 5 hours.

STAMINA increases max health and also increases your chances of resisting hostile spells. STAMINA > max health.

INTELLIGENCE is your primary attribute as a mage, and increases the amount of damage you do, and gives you additional power per point.

POTENCY acts as a multiplier to the damage you do, and is THE MOST IMPORTANT STAT right now. At endgame, you are going to want at least 60K POT.

CRIT CHANCE is your chance of getting a critical hit (melee or spell) or a critical heal. If your attack crits, it applies your CRIT BONUS as a damage multiplier.

ABILITY MODIFIER adds to your damage. You should ideally have as much ABILITY MOD as 50% of your biggest hitting attack (or heal, for priests).

CASTING SPEED is important for mages. The faster you cast, the more spells you can fling. And when your casting speed goes over 100%, the excess goes into SPELL DOUBLECAST, which is how likely you are to cast the spell twice. Mages at end-game are gunning for about 170% spell doublecast.

Take a look at yourself on dragonsarmory.com (the link goes to your stats). If you mouse over a stat, it tells you exactly what each one does. You have really improved your armor since the last time I looked, but you still have no adorns (there ARE adorns that add health or stamina). I'm guessing you are seeing some improvements in combats as a result.

You are over the soft cap for HASTE and MULTI-ATTACK. Both those are for melee combat, so you probably should consider visiting a Reforger and reforge some of those stats into POTENCY, AB MOD, CASTING SPEED, CRIT CHANCE, or CRIT BONUS.

Seriously, at least TRY higher level drink? Write down your health. Equip the high level drink then use a shot. Then check your health again.
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yes - the primary stat for the class type.

Priest - WIS (wisdom)
    Mage - INT (intelligence)
    Scout - AGI (agility)
    Fighter - STR (strength)

Not STA (stamina). You can increase STA through what you are wearing and adornments. Power regen for a mage and priest is vital.
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa and Wilowsong like this.