Barding of Striking needs updating

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Hizite Barding of Striking = 92.1 Crit Bonus. Average raider Crit Bonus is 30,000. The means that for each barding will give us a incredible... 0.30 % return. That is just said, this needs to be adjusted to a flat 3% to make it worthwhile. Even the gear comes with 1100+ per item.

Lets go CB!
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I mean its 1k CB essentially and unless you've got 5-7 pieces of CBOC items then you're capped at that 30k for the average raider. The 1k from bardings essentially replaces one of your items that you're using for CBOC since those CBOC items don't have CB on them. I'm pretty sure you will wear these over potency anyway at high end as we all know that CB is the stat needed this expac, which is why you're asking for them to be boosted. I mean, you can wear all that CB gear and just drop your overcap items lol, but we all know you won't be doing that.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Just for consistency, I used the same comparison for Potency. A Hizite barding of the potent is 2841. For a Character that has 1,000,000 potency this is .2841%. I'm never one to complain if they increase the output, but it's not out of line with other stats.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Frankly, I'd rather see Barding of Striking provide CBOC, not CB. Getting CB isn't a problem, getting it out of blue status can be. When you have to go back and put on gear with less resolve simply because it has CBOC on it, there's simply something wrong with itemization on gear. And having to go back 5 xpacs for adorns with reuse or casting speed is mind boggling. Someone went to sleep at the wheel on RoR gear itemization and design.
    Carizia likes this.
  5. Moss Well-Known Member

The game is currently broken because of those stats inflation, it makes class balance and progression a nightmare (5 minutes kills for some, 2 hours kill for others). I really love to min/max my characters but this is way too much already.

I'd prefer all those mount items to disapear completly and be replaced with quality of life stats insteads, like cast speed, reuse, defensive stats and such.

If they want us to fill those stats, then they should give us appropriate gear to start with. We need stat flattening and no more stat increase.

And no, combat mitigation is not the solution, stop this crazyness too it has been broken since it was introduced and I believe that after a few years of systematically failing to balance it, they should realize it is past time to replace it. Adding more stats will not help the game.
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Not sure how you’re not at 100 reuse or casting as there are options for adorns and please don’t say, well then I need to take off other adorns. Yes they are old adorns and if those don’t suit you, they have the temp ones for sale with currency. Adorns are they to help mix/match do whatever. If you can’t reach 100 in reuse and casting you need to reevaluate how to use adorns, temps etc.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hizite gear is like Mastercrafted. I have Badlands patterns stacking in my bank,and the recipes for those apparently drop in H3s. Raiders aren't supposed to be impressed by the stats on Hizite gear, you are supposed to go to the next tier, and there may be one even higher than that for all I know.