Bard Race Question

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by wilska, Mar 11, 2019.

1. wilska New Member

Returning to the game this weekend for the new TLE server. Is there a preferred race for Troubadours due to racial passives/cooldowns?
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

The racial passives are so tiny that for the most part I don't see them being a real factor in choosing a race. One thing that may make a difference is the Tracking skill: some races get it as a racial skill and it is useful for the life of the character, so if Troubadors don't get it as a class skill, you either need a race that grants it or deal with items that give it for a short time per use.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

All scouts get tracking, so that wouldn't even be useful if you are already making a Troub.

It's kind of nice to have the innate water breathing sometimes as an iksar and froglok (and the spell for Erudites) /shrug.

I mostly have just picked my races + class based on what kind of look I want (or what amused me at the time, I made a Troll illusionist when they made that a neutral class just because it amused me). The stats do not make much of a difference. Just some of the racials are fun and situationally useful.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Character_Race
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Character_Race

On the new server, races will make a little bit more difference than on Live until AAs kick in, but not a huge amount. You don't need a race with tracking, as troubs get it already as a scout. Things that are helpful are: pluses to melee skills or poisons, races that give you a "call" ability (shadow walk, etc), increases in combat/stealth speed. If you plan on crafting, different races have different tradeskill buffs as well that you may prefer.

Mostly people choose races for how they look, since most people play in third person in this game.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

/shug I play a brigand, not a troub, so I couldn't remember if all scouts got tracking or just predators and rogues.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

dark elves can be a nice race

dps focused - some stealth benefits - and have a spell that allow you to port to a friend in same zone as u. Can be handy

water breathing can be nice too (iksar/froglocks)

I wouldn't recommand kerra coz track and safefall would be wasted on bard

races like halfling/wood elf are also good scouts, only "sad" thing is track is also one of their racial abilities, so u kind of lose one ability if u go scout.

ratongas are good too as scouts
  7. Crippler New Member

Any of the races with a call will be a huge time saver in the first 3 expansions until tinkering in EoF. I always enjoy calling to a group deep in a dungeon or for a naggy run.