Bard Buffs Buff?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by kildnor, Jan 5, 2017.

1. kildnor New Member

Dear Daybreak Games. I understand that bards are being fazed out by gear and replacing them with another T1. But, FFS can you look at the buffs that we give? 225 main stat buff when any KA geared toon has close to 20000 main stat. Our CB buff that used to be game effecting is rendered useless now with the CB cap and everyone constantly over cap. UT used to make a significant DPS difference because of all the buffs it gives now its just 1 extra tick for summoners the rest of the buff is rendered useless because of current gear.

Proposed changes to the bards.

UT: 10% base casting and reuse. 3 ticks to dots. 5% Pot gains. 5 fervor

Battle Cry: + 150 over cap CB. 5 Fervor. + weapon damage multiplier (big enough to make auto attacks noticeable)

Group stat buff: 11% base increase to Main stats (example if player 1 has 10000 agility he will receive 1100 additional agility from the buff. , and a 10% HP gains from stamina similar to the + increase tanks get through prestige line.

Cb buff: + 350 CB + 350 CB over cap.

Jcap: 5 Fervor, 10% base casting and reuse. +50 Over cap CB

Skill buff: + 1200 ability skills. + 5% group fervor

Resist buffs: + resists and a 7% damage reduction to that damage type.

Attack speed / MA mod buff: These stats are basically useless with the changes in game and massive increases to gear there is no reason for bards to sing these in any situation ever. Replace this buff with a legendary / myth crit increase chance 75 sec cool down 12 second duration.

defensive buffs: Added 20 resolve. for group not raid.

Bards used to make a noticeable difference to a group or raids performance. That is not the case anymore. I don't know if any of the devs will look into this or consider making bards great again or not. But, it's worth a shot. When there is a group without a bard there should be a noticeable difference in the groups efficiency, performance, and survivablity.

Also, since i am dreaming...
    Could you give bards a new ability called Devastation of the Choir where bards are unable to put out any damage during the duration of the song, as they sing in unison with the other bards in raid to make massive damage increases for the raid. Make it based on the number of bards in raid up to 4. and require all the bards to click it at the same time. Put it on a long cool down (4-5m)

Like I said dreaming.

Thanks for your consideration, I would like to know other bards feelings on the current state of the classes and my recommendations to help bards return to a utility position.

Chalupah / Baktrax of Maj'Dul
  2. Alexae New Member

I believe my Troub does make a noticeable difference in a group's survivability and performance. The trouble is that replacing me with my high dps (pre- latest nerf) necro had the exact same effect AND allowed a group to progress past dps checks. I don't know what the answer is, but I believe bards need to be looked at. Perhaps roll back some of that dps nerf you gave bards last xpack.
    kildnor likes this.
  3. Tuffmudder New Member

What about giving dirge the ethereal rune triggers that benefit scouts and troubs the one for mages since that's such a hot button issue...
    kildnor likes this.
  4. kildnor New Member

Gninja! Can we get some sort of response from you or any dev?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

And let's completely ignore fighters and priests?
    Additionally, the rather screws the troub.. as the dirge would get the benefit form the 'scout' buff but the troub wouldn't.
  6. kildnor New Member

This is a thread about Bard buffs being completely outdated. If you feel wardens and their buffs are outdated feel free to make that post under priests.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about that. I was replying to the portion of your post that has bards giving the best buffs only to scouts and mages and not fighters and priests.
    Xillean likes this.
  8. Tsurupettan Active Member

I don't think any competent bard is being sat when a half-decent VC starts at 1b per swing.
    -Soteria- and Mermut like this.
  9. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Troubs have scout buffs? Atk speed, woohoo.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

yes.. but if you check the first part I replied to, he was talking about, essentially, letting dirges mimic the scout ethereal adorns for scouts and the troubs the mage ones... which leaves the troub SoL
  11. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

If I had the option of 100 ferv vs. 100% ability double cast, ferv would say bye bye
  12. Lea Plath Active Member

God I wrote up a huge post a while back for this and never posted it. Stats just aren't scaling as well any more globally.

The changes overall, came down to this:

If an spell buffs reuse, it instead at max level should grant a small reset chance ala the rune
    If a spell buffs double cast/multiattack/flurry, it should grand a small degree of fervor.
    If a spell buffs casting speed or haste, instead at max level should grant a small chance of either a scaling damage proc (harder than a filler ability, less hard than one of the nukes)

Buffs to resists instead should be a % boost or a flat damage decrease
    Buffs to crit bonus/potency should scale or grant a % of current
    Buffs to main stats should be a % increase

As we look to be 100 going forward, the % increase also seems easier to tune than numbers that get outdated next expansion.

Though to be honest, I think Coercers/Illys need a pass over first, as their buffs have scaled even worse than ours. Illusionary Arms anyone?
  13. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Added mimicry, there fixed it.
    kildnor likes this.
  14. kildnor New Member

I like those ideas. Only thing I would change is allow bards to buff the group over cap on stats with a cap so there is a notable difference with a bard. I really like the convert it to a % gain.