BARD AAs

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-SourChikn, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Marillion Guest

Rrin, i've beta tested nearly ever raid zone in KoS and i could barely use the AoE avoidance, why?

Because most mobs have multiple aoe's now or random timers, we even asked the dev's while testing the zone to get rid of Venomous cloud, Chilling mist, etc... and replace them with new things to make them harder.

PoF was a total joke for raiding, and this expansion is alot more interesting to say the least thanks to some real hard work put into it by the devs that actually listened to us while we tested.

Its a simple fix, make it last till you should have been damaged.
  2. ARCHIVED-Marillion Guest

Oh, just noticed the swap out a dirge comment. If you do that you are mad, nothing can replace stoneskin. Even if it was the only ability we had, you'd still be in the MT group. You'll be using it at 70 even when its grey as its a fixed % proc.
  3. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

Oh how right you are. I'm always in the MT group, for hate/parry/stoneskin/power. We actually have been doing a lot of Silent City lately for eyes, including the pure DPS ring event and I got to be in a group with 3 other scouts and a bruiser. It was insane, I'm actually surprised we only pulled aggro once or twice (brigand/assassin). I always get a warm welcome by the DPS group for some reason. It's a nice change even though I know I'm going back into the MT group as soon as we reach the more serious mobs.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rrin Guest

I'm quite sure I'll be useing stoneskin even at 70. Noticed I said it was rare.

Sometimes something else is needed moer desperatley thant he dirge, and when that happens, you get pulled out.

I'm also in a guild where we have 3 active raiding dirges, and 3 troubadours (I believe). So, my place in the MT group isn't always gauranteed. Sometimes one of the other dirges are placed there, and I get put in a dps group.
  5. ARCHIVED-Marillion Guest

Is changing our first AA some kind of sick joke, i mean how lame can you go.

Can we have 25 ways to do wave emotes next, for the rest of our AA's? :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

that really is a sick joke rofl
  7. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Question about our first AA: Does it speed up the recast timer only when the CA is needed to advance the wheel (i.e., when it's flashing)? Or does it only speed up the HO advancers (Tarvens and Verliens), and does that permanently? Had no time to play yet and test it out. :(
  8. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

what a pathetic last minute change...worthless utterly worthless.
  9. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Basically gives the HO starter 5s recast instead of 10sec recast. Which is a really terrible change. I never ever have to wait for my recast timer on my HO starter as a bard even when I'm soloing. That base AA drained a good chunk of my enjoyment of the new expansion.

Here my dirge main and favorite toon to play gets this totally useless AA that doesn't even have any fun factor and my guildmates are talking about their contol minion spells, familiars, ghost wolves and collecting bounties. I logged to my alts in disgust and got even more irritated. My Brigand gets pickpocket which while not particularly useful is at least fun; my Warden turns into an artic wolf with a fog effect (How cool is that!) and my bruiser gets an increase to in combat run speed.

Come on SOE you can do better than this. If you arent' going to give us something useful, at least give us something fun!

Edit: Fixed the info on the HO starter timers.
    Message Edited by Salmastryon on 02-22-200603:06 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Bleh, it speeds up the starter, not CAs? Ugh.
  11. ARCHIVED-Asharad Guest

Yeah, completely worthless.

How dissapointing.
  12. ARCHIVED-Chantweaver Guest

I am so disapointed it is beyond imagination. I mean come on at least everyone else is getting something fun if not usefull as their opening AA. Instead of getting a decent AA or at teh very least a fun one we go back to be SOE's red headed step child. This AA is beyond useless, shrotening a 1 sec action down to a .5 sec. Hello by time the HO is finished at least 4/5 secs have gone by. Hello we are bards jack of all trades master of non. Please make us that not some after thought. I swear it is like they went we all done with AA's o wait no we aren't we forgot bards(dirges and troubs). [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] we got a deadline in 5 mins. No prob DEV says I will get it to you in 3. Warlock guildie of mine was complaining about her familar that looks cool and reduces hate towards the Warlock. Humm seems cool to me.
    A cool opening AA for bards if they are insistent about sticking with the HO thing would be we get choose what class aa we start. I was more thinking that would be an ok AA in replacement of the end Lucky Coin one. I am not much of an HO player so don't care if we have any AA that effects ho's.
  13. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

I believe it changes the standard 10s recast time to 5s. I'll check again tonight, however.

Has anybody finished their talent, er, uhm, achievement point calculator yet? Should be a pretty easy port from WoW.
  14. ARCHIVED-SourChikn Guest

i know they never listen but we need to /feedback teh suck of our AAs as much as possible maybe if we are lucky the will give us even fluff AAs instead of worthless ones lol... i would take +1 agi over that reduced HO rescast... :-/
  15. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Yeah is it 10s to 5s. I was tired last night and got rid of decimal. Still is pointless though.
  16. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Despak wrote:
    AA's are not supposed to be game making or breaking. They are just there to add a little variety and stop whinging about exp at cap.
    This is not EQ and never will be (thank God) and hence the devs stated they did not want to go down the route of must have AA skills or be excluded from groups or raids.

No offense but these statements are just unintelligent. Go look at warrior AA's and then Brawler AA's. Warriors get one that lets them parry/ripost all attacks for like 12 seconds. Brawlers get a whole AA tree line where they have to go unarmed, losing weapon stats and effects and cannot hit raid content because well natural born hands are not legendary/fabled last I checked. First is an example of 'game making' while latter is an example of 'game breaking'.

Truth be told of my 3 40-50+ characters Bard AA's are the best. Brawler screwed. Druid bleh. Least Bard got couple nice AA's. I finally can poison like the Bards of Athas and anything with parry/defense is cool because I am tired of feeling like a cloth caster even though I wear cobalt chainmail.
  17. ARCHIVED-Marillion Guest

Cept, 8 ranks in the self parry buff + dirge parry buff at adept 3 means you are over parry cap and so it doesn't add any avoidance past rank 5 or 6.

And poison, eh? thats the whole point we aint the poison users. We should not start getting things from other classes, the whole point of AA's was to specialize or broaden your existing class, not merge it with the other scout lines. And then all that, the proc % on the poison and damage is very very low, like all of our AA arts that makes then pittyful.
    Message Edited by Marillion on 02-23-200605:49 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Poids Guest

I hope you're joking... the poison is so gimped now it isn't even funny, and like the above poster said we're not poison users. How about something orignal? Anything? And buffing your parry still serves no use due to a cap.

Our first AA that halved the HO recast is just a sick joke. Group stealth? Coin flip? Immunity to knockdown...? It's just a bad joke. The AAs are supposed to be a way to improve and specialize your character... yet almost every single bard will prolly go the WIS line simpy because it's the only useful ability. The rest are either complete crap or something so situational it's not worth putting points into.
  19. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

More like

Drum Solo
    Duration 15 minutes
    Makes all mobs and characters in a 100m radius to die of boredom.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

Its just truly pathetic, SOE honestly hasnt a clue with Dirges...seriously upset right now.