BARD AAs

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-SourChikn, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-SourChikn Guest

SoE needs to understand that "Good" or even decent bards are rare as is....You are about to make us [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] near extinct with these AAs...they are gawd aweful and pointless.... I Can tell you now that almost every bard is gunna take AGI line first because the others are just dumb for the most part... then probaly WIS to only get runspeed...C'mon you guys are not new to this...

Post your ideas here of how they might improve the AAs... I say lose them all together maybe just give us the stat increases/runspeed/ and crits; at max and thats it... Cut all the BS inbetween..

Seriously now if you were to increase the % and duration timers people might choose other Stat lines.... A group, 12sec immune to AE, is pointless...as is coin toss(Scouts hardly miss the HOs its the healers/mages that have trouble) ...as is group invis...weird those are our final ones for each line...personally im not choosing a single one of the 8 point AAs... im half tempted to get just the 8 ranks of stats and call it good.

Edit:
    For the most part i thought SoE get a great job with our "Ancient" spells in DoF.... SoD, CoB, and Stoneskin great additions to our class, a lil bit of everything... I just hope this isnt gunna be a trend that you let us down one expansion and try to make it up the next :-/
    Message Edited by SourChikn on 02-19-200611:45 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

I have to concur entirely.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rrin Guest

You think a 12s buff for an ENTIRE group to avoid AE's is useless?

Not to be rude, but do you raid? We have the timers down to about a 5 second window usually, so, you stick a dirge in a melee dps group, that saves you from having to do the ever-popular jousting routine. it will earn an extra 10 seconds of DPS. In a full blown dps group that could reach 35,000 damage (that's a VERY rough dps estimate, but I think I'm probably shooting low). That's one group, have two groups of dps, and that's 70k. Considering in high end raids that jousting is a large part of why dps is lost, that's a major major asset.
  4. ARCHIVED-insence Guest

I agree with Rrin.

and the self AoE resist will be useful also. it will alow you to get close the the mob cast CoB and interupt the [cenecered] out of it. and if you are in the MT group like I am all the time the Wis tree for the Crit heals will be very useful also.

The way that the AA trees are set up is for all types of play. solo, group or raid that way you can pick the ones that will help you out the most.

the point of the AA system is to customize not to make you like a EQ GOD. if they did that then every one would reroll a dirge.
  5. ARCHIVED-Stabnes Guest

Now if only the group stealth had a 100% mem whipe on al mobs that you had agro on, including the ones you were fighting :).....

But serious, I was perhaps also a bit overenthousiastic on what AP would bring for us, but we have got some really good ones and also some real bad ones (imo). well, just take the good ones for you and you can probably spent 50 AP pretty easilly.

The fact that lot of people say that attribute increase is complete useless doesnt really hit me. All classes get them and in the end as Dirges, we might benefit the most from it cause we rely on more than 1 attribute stat.

I would have loved to see the following AP's though to fullfill your request on some suggestions:

1. Extra conc slot
    2. Our single rez spell providing the rezzed one with instant power going from 5-45% each rank fi
    3. An AP that makes our CoB proc for double dmg to compensate for the proc nerf
    Just a few to mention, but it wont happen this time, maybe more luck next time :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Poids Guest

Not to be rude, but do you raid? There are AEs that have a window wider then 5s.

Our AAs are horrible, might as well go with stat buffs to yourself instead of sacrificing a second weapon for some **** crit buff that will barely make up for it, or some stupid group stealth, coin toss or knockdown immunity. As someone else said somewhere, the AAs are just a poor excuse to balance classes some more (aka combat revamp 2.0) and since bards are considered to be working pretty well and as intended, adding something useful to us might put us out of line and *gasp* give us something special. Not to mention our 65 spell that just proves what I'm talking about. Bards didn't need anything else, so they gave us crap.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rrin Guest

Not to be rude, but do you raid? There are AEs that have a window wider then 5s.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some do, not many.

If your raid leaders are worth their salt then they will have taken down the info they need to maintain a window of realiability to make that AA useful on 95% of all current raid content.

Sorry if that's not the case for you.

Rrin, 56 paladin
  8. ARCHIVED-Poids Guest

Meh, there's AEs that are on no specific timer with a 5s window, all I'm saying. The spell itself just leaves alot to be desired, and your raw numbers are completely off since most people can use ranged attacks while jousting.
  9. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

I'd like an ability as an AA:

Drum Solo
    Duration: 30s
    Casting time: 0.2s
    Makes the caster immune to stun/stifle effects if the caster is not the direct target of the effect.

Be nice to avoid those AOE stifles for a change while rocking out a drum solo. I can't count the times I fell into range rezzing a fallen comrade only to get stifled on the cast and then hit by the second AOE to end up almost dead myself.
  10. ARCHIVED-SourChikn Guest

12s aint crap....and yes i raid and if you do more good in a DPS group...do you raid? i sit in MT 24/7...Only way this would be useful is occasions with memwipe or mez....were the mob can be in range for that few secs.... and you save the healers in your group from getting stunned...This doesnt keep you from jousting btw the recast time is longer then i would say every AE...so you skip maybe by every other AE if not every 3rd...but then you group gets lazy or maybe the dirge forgets or maybe the recast timer is still going when AE goes off. You just wiped your group... imo this is an oh chit spell would be its only use.
  11. ARCHIVED-insence Guest

their are 2 AoE resist

1 self only 60s recast
    group 300s recast

In orders for this skill to be any use for raiding the recast time needs to be lowered to about

30s for self
    60 - 90s for group
  12. ARCHIVED-Novarius Guest

u forgot to mentation that at some raidmobs u must smell the point of start this ability because the mobs dont say u before at what time the use there AEs.

and some of this real Crap AA are on the way to the more useable, so must spend 4 points for dumb to reach the usefull ones.
  13. ARCHIVED-zoix Guest

For the most part Id have to say I agree with the OP.
    I do raid and Im always in the main tank group.
    Jousting as you call it works just fine..... Why change it? We've been killing mobs for the last year and a half this way.
    Bottem line .... Are AA's are just poor. Go and read the necro AA. Look at all the great stuff they get.
    The more you try to convince yourself that are AA's are worth a dirt, the less of a chance we have of getting them changed.
    Nows the time to speak up, and speak up loudly and let them know how you feel.

Message Edited by zoix on 02-20-200612:36 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-mrjak01 Guest

Hmm I only have a lvl 29 dirge atm BUT I find it interesting that not ONLY Dirges/Troubs are getting shafted on AA's but MONKS/Brusiers are too.. in a big way
  15. ARCHIVED-killzone Guest

People already spoke up during beta and they aren't listening. Bards are getting the major shaft.
  16. ARCHIVED-Despak Guest

AA's are not supposed to be game making or breaking. They are just there to add a little variety and stop whinging about exp at cap.
    This is not EQ and never will be (thank God) and hence the devs stated they did not want to go down the route of must have AA skills or be excluded from groups or raids.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

oh c mon despak, did you look at other aa trees at all? this is not just fluff blahblah the majority of classes gets some nice choices to make and things they actually want and make sens, dont tell me it doesnt make or break the game blah...
  18. ARCHIVED-Marillion Guest

Despak not asking for game breaking, asking for useable. We have had the lowest DPS increase across all classes (maybe with exception of cleric), and now our buffs are falling behind other classes. When we are only a buff class we should be the best.
    On to the AA's, our spell haste with 8 ranks (0.008 casting time per second per rank) = no difference for spell with cast time of 2s or less. And 0.1 reduction for a 3s spell (worthless)

Our stat song becomes almost worthless all together, as my raid tank is walking around with 600 agi and str and so far above cap i dont even need to put it up, never mind have an AA to increase its bonus.
    Also for the grouper and the soloer, stats are becoming less and less powerful as a whole as we gain levels. So the song becomes less powerful.

HO flip, as a rank 5 .... erm yeah right (ever scout can do this).

30s Group steath as a rank 5, worthless.

Weapon requirements on stuff, erm yeah right.

The only line i actually agree with, is the roundshield sta line for the soloer, but even then most of the soloers in beta said they would go with dual wield for dps. But then again this line works against the exclude reasoning, as you exclude the grouper and raider from this line.

Oh, and at Master 1 my Group parry buff gets a bonus of +7 with 8 ranks of AA, so players with Adept 1 will get about +4 bonus for 8 ranks. (less on troub defence)

Do you get what's being said, when you spend a rank in a AA and get nothing for it, its worthless. Every point spend should give a viewable bonus to a buff song.

And to the person above about AoE timers, wait till you see the increase in multiple aoe mobs and random timers :)

Oh and to top it all off the drige evel 65 heal a target, kill ourselves is not even in the spirit of the class.
  19. ARCHIVED-DrozZett Guest

Groupstealth and shieldbash (4s stun and blur) are pretty nice for PvP IMHO
  20. ARCHIVED-Rrin Guest

Jousting is adequate. It gets the job done, because we've never had another way to do it. The really good dps at ranged are the casters, and Rangers. Melee-centric classes lose A LOT of dps from jousting. You ever been on a raid where the mob dosen't have a 360 AoE? (The big umpa-lumpa in GoAA, can't remember name, forman something). He drops FAST. Bruisers, monks, swashys, brigands (who are gettign their AE avoidance nerfed), assassins all get to stay in and continue their dps.

I'm not saying this is the greatest choice for dirges, but it's one of the best, because sometimes a dirge IS swapped out for a coercer, not often, but it happens. But even in the MT group, this will be helpful. For instance, Terrorantula, who does a HUGE AoE, and means the even the healers have to be cautious, will be a big relief from them, and let them maintain constant healing, and if we avoid the AE stun that a lot of mobs have, that means we can continue to rez those who missed it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why change it? We've been killing mobs for the last year and a half this way.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Just because something is working adequatley, dosen't mean it can't be improved.

I agree, the coin flip is moronic. That's a complete crap-tastic AA.

Could some of the AA's be improved, sure. But this whining about it seems like a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] and moan fest.

I'm not complaining about them, because in general, I'm content with what we get.