Barbute of the Draconic Defender

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tekadeo, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Tekadeo Active Member

Since this item was ninja changed to be plate tank only, couldn't we at least get it unattuned?

I understand the change of course, but how are we as players NOT supposed to take every advantage available to us (within reason)? We weren't bugging this item out, there was zero exploitation for brawlers to equip this item. Matter of fact, I was trying to get the leather helm made and someone informed me of this helm and made it for me.

The loophole (if you wanna call it that) in this item was from your end--not ours. And now after the item has been in game for months and months it gets changed. I don't care if you make it heirloom, but tbh you should just unattune it for everyone.
  2. Tekadeo Active Member

No opinions on this? Or did it get buried?
  3. Jacksonx New Member

It was listed as plate armor so i doubt they'd unattune it for you. However they didn't forcefully unequip any brawler that had it currently equipped so as long as you don't take it off then you're golden.
  4. Tekadeo Active Member

It is automatically unequipped if you mentor or something. And it is red (similar to a broken piece). I doubt it is giving me its stats/protection.

And armor classes mean nothing if the classes listed are there. I mean are leather pieces going to be unequipped for scouts?

This item deserves to be unattuned for free with this ninja change. We paid to have it made, we paid for the mats and equipped it because it was the best we could wear. I'm not saying the change isnt valid, but if all of a sudden we cant use the item we shouldnt have it attuned.
  5. Jacksonx New Member

That's unfortunate, I have it on an alt and I mentor down all the time, are you certain it was the mentoring and not an actual mob that un-equips your helm? There are several i can recall off hand, Drusella(Maiden Chambers) and The rare spawn in Abandoned Labs(SF zone). Have you tried petitioning it and asking nicely, I'm sure if you talk to the correct gm they may un-attune it for you however it's all in how you ask.
  6. Tekadeo Active Member

Yeah i finally got the time to get my Monk up to 95 and lo and behold, my helm is unequipped. Must have been a mob in Skyshrine that did it, or some other reason. Now I simply don't have a helm. There are no Monk helmets to buy on the broker. No real drop zones to find one easily. Thanks guys.