Balloons and Discs and Napping, oh my...

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Streppoch, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Streppoch Member

So...

It's been long enough, and enough xpacs in between---can we please get rid of the excruciatingly long Moors balloon and Sentinal's Fate disc rides? I'm all for the scenic route the first couple of times, but the 10th, 20th, 50th time through...

...seriously, I have time enough to make tea, do my laundry, graduate from college, come back to my computer and I'm STILL floating around on the balloon.

Please?
    Karrane likes this.
  2. Streppoch Member

Oh, and we can add the Sokokar to that list as well...
  3. Mohee Active Member

What I find interesting... is they took out the cloud rides in all the KoS zones. They are just instant port now. Which is odd because I actually found those to be the best, because those zones are quite gorgeous while flying on a cloud from island to island.

So why make it instant for all the KoS zones and not others? Or at least give people the option? Because honestly... I'd rather take the cloud flight than be instant ported in those zones, and i'd rather be instant ported in almost every other expansion instead. lol

How about instant port for a few gold? :D
    Long travel for free? :cool:
    Karrane likes this.
  4. Streppoch Member

Yeah, I wondered about that as well--especially since you need to drop off on one of the non-port islands at one point for a quest (or maybe this was after flight mounts?).

Anyway, a choice would be a good option, if possible--keep the long way, mollifying those people who feel that interminable rides are immersive; give other people, like me, a magical shortcut. I want to use fantasy to whizz-bang myself where I need to go. ;)
  5. Spindle Well-Known Member

A choice would be nice. I thought there was once an option to take a tour of KOS if one wanted to see the beautiful art and graphics work. I'll have to go back and see if it is still possible.

It is possible to mollify both the slow riders as well as the whizz-bangers.
    Kalderon likes this.
  6. Hermmit Active Member

There's a froglok npc walking around the druid ring in Moors that'll port you to the Guk entrance.
    Kalderon likes this.
  7. Emissary Vex Active Member

One of the big reasons they did it for KoS is becuase the clouds there only connected to one or two places and it was a maze to navigate the islands. The teleportation allows you to go to any island which I believe was their goal and they just didn't want it to have horrible pathing like the other old zones where they connected the auto mounts.
  8. scousetroub Active Member

Was nothing to do with it been a maze, It was the bug that got so many players stuck they just got rid of the clouds for a easy fix.

I do agree that some the time sinks should be able to be skipped easy to put a option in
  9. Lyyle Member

I sure hope not! Many times I want to jump off somewhere along the way. KoS is one thing... other than the one island mentioned above... you would basically be committing suicide by bailing out along the way, but overland flights? I vote NO.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Giving us the option to ride the balloon or instant port would be great. This is long over due. That way if you (or me) want to ride the original way the zone was designed we can still do that, and if not you can do that too.
  11. Streppoch Member

And you're allowed to vote no, which is why it would be nice to have a CHOICE.

Personally, I dread having to go into Moors, because I know I'm looking at minutes-long balloon rides in some instances. And I'm sorry, but for me that's just not enjoyable. I am a very patient person. I am not an instant-gratification teenager (I just turned 41). But there is a big difference between immersion and tedium, and for me, the discs and the balloons cross that line. For you, maybe they don't.

Which is why having the option to be either/or would be nice.