Bags and Boxes and Ammo, o my!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, ammo containers like quivers, etc. I know I haven't been playing steadily for awhile now (holidays don't necessarily count, sometimes), but when did this glorious (/sarcasm) "new container feature" come in? IMHO, it's a disaster. I guess I can understand the rationale behind it, but it's still massively annoying.

To wit: if you make the mistake of trying to put an empty bag, such as a Frostfell Shopping Bag, into another container, such as the "Box of Bags" I had in a Bank slot, the container got replaced (eaten, apparently, but since FF Bags can't eat such things, it would often be, ah, spat out into the ether), and everything that had been in that prior container, sprayed all over my existing backpacks. That is, of course, if I had enough room for everything. If not, the prior contents would wind up in my Overflow. I thought it was a bug at first, and an annoying one at that, but after having it happen to one of my regular characters (Uwk here, to be exact), I realized with horror that it was now a feature (which means I should have, perhaps, put this on an Item forum or some such, but...was still hoping it wasn't finished yet).

Apparently, what the idea is, according to the CS that helped me with my ticket, is that if you want to upgrade a bag or box (or even just change the size [smaller or larger], or the container itself), why, just go ahead and put that new one where the old one is, providing the new one is empty. Hey! presto! you don't have to worry about emptying out the old one! Hey! presto! guess what! You also CANNOT hope to store bags/boxes/ammo containers/etc. in ANY other bag, box, or container, including...SALES CRATES. No bag/box/etc. would go into my Veteran's Case any longer, regardless of whether or not they would have in the past, and when I tried putting them into a Fir Salesman's Crate, for example, that worked...but no one could come into my house now and get it there, thus bypassing the Broker fees. They could if an item was in my Veteran's Case, but the bag/box/etc. took away the functionality of my Salesman's Crate for ANY other item in it. My carpenters and tailors will be MOST put out, I can see it now, as well as my alts who are counting on being able to get containers from them without needing the mail, and anyone else's crafters who hoped to make their plat selling bags/boxes/etc. to anyone but vendors. :-/

Cute idea, but it seems to be buggy as all get-out. :-/

And yep, I've /petitioned, /bugged, and /feedbacked. My guildies on Test hadn't even noticed until I pointed it out, so this has to be fairly recent?

Uwk
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing this issue on test or on live.

I can put bags & boxes in my sales display (tried both vet displays), bags dump properly into a fresh new bag, I can switch bags freely, and empty bags go into other bags no problem.
  3. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

You can still put a bag inside another bag, you just have to do it a specific way. To put one bag into another, instead of replace one with another, open the destination bag and put the dragged bag inside the destination bag. Or put the dragged bag in the auto-inventory area and it'll be dropped into the first available spot. Dragging the bag over the destination bag in its bank/inventory slot is now for replacing/upgrading bags only.

I hope the CS person was able to get your bag back. I had a bag disappear like that on me once, and got it back by emptying the slot the bag had been in and camping.

Someone on Test had the issue with the display boxes last night (might've even been you? I'm not sure), but picking them up and putting them back down in hir house again cleared it up. I may be wrong on this, but I seem to remember a bug that made sales crates not usable in the house a while ago - some update screwed them up, and they had to be placed all over again. Anyone else remember that, or when it was? Is there any chance your sales crates have been bugged since then and you just didn't notice until last night?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's entirely possible; I usually don't use the Salesman's Crates very often (what can I say; I like the 50% off Broker fees! I'll test it with other situations/characters)! Thanks for the head's-up, and especially the advice! :)

Uwk