Bagpipe solo

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Andreia, May 30, 2018.

1. Andreia Member

Hi,
    Having some issues with Bagpipe Solo in this expansion.
    First, instead of filling mana it seems that it sometimes drains the group when used, at least on some raid nameds (T4 Behemoth, Grummus...). No drain mana on parse, but group's mana keep getting to 0-100-0 when using (and only when using).
    Secondly, i think the cure level should be upgrading because it cures 117 levels of detrimentals actually, making it useless on lvl 119 mobs and less efficient on lvl 118 mobs who are not always deleveled.

Thank you !
    Myndd likes this.
  2. Dallan New Member

I second this!!
    The cure NEEDS to be upgraded. The raid pulls 10 or so mobs in Hate that are all 118 or 119 - there is no way you can delevel the mobs so your group cure is useless!
  3. Andreia Member

Bump.

The cure is still useless on t4 mobs and bagpipe still drains sometimes even in heroics.

Speaking of bugs, having issues with the cure aa on wards (Ballad of warding, troub tree). When AEs need to be cured several times, it cures but then some detrimentals cant be cured and just stack.

So, it would be really nice if someone could take a look at these spells mechanics...
  4. Snookers New Member

Bagpipe solo with the Mana regen portion added from AA's is terrible. As mentioned above instead of regening mana its draining mana. When Act reads "no damage" it seems to completely drain the mana. Its beyond annoying, you nerf a mana regen on defilers that works so we need to spec into this **** that doesn't even work.
  5. Alway Active Member

Welcome to EQ2, the game where devs dont play and test their own game.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll get it corrected. Given current gameplay and how mana draining is working across all classes and instances, I've often wondered why dirges don't get a "bagpipe solo" ability. A friend who's played a troub thought we did. Which is interesting because his AA spec (or some skill he has) let's him periodically rez. I thought that odd...
  7. Seefar Well-Known Member

This is off-topic, but:

I'm a troub. I carry around two tinkered widgets* and two items** bought from one of the merchants in Qeynos***, and then there's my veteran rez spell too. All so that I can pretend to be a dirge :)

* the names of which escape me atm (something defibrillator)
    ** Redemption of Failure and Greater Redemption of Failure -- the latter rezzes in combat
    *** I forget his name; he's one of the merchants near the statue of Antonia in Qeynos Harbour
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

There is a charm you can make too for troubs and dirges that lets them rezz. Made with an Essence of War from AoM
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's probably what he is using, cause I couldn't find anything in the AA spec line. That said, would be handy for both classes to have a rez and mana flow for grouping purposes. Just an idea.
  10. Ravenlook Member

Prestige tree left side Exuberant Encore + Energetic Encore = boom group pwr feed
    Seefar likes this.
  11. Seefar Well-Known Member

That sounds wonderful... except that I've looked all through both tabs of the Prestige tree, and I don't see those spells :(
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

13. Seefar Well-Known Member

Are you talking dirge? I'm a troubie.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, I'm guessing you didn't quite finish reading my response before replying, haha. In it, clearly I'm referring to dirges, since I specifically mention them. To wit: "...haven't looked at it as a spec (in response to the above poster commenting to my question about dirge power feeding), but in looking at a number of dirge specs, I haven't seen one play(er) speccing into it. Which means either dirges aren't familiar with it, or it's not worth speccing into." That said, I tried it last night after having a recommendation from someone, and I'm not overly impressed with it usefulness. Either that, or it's current usefulness in CD heroic zones renders it fairly worthless. As usual, mobs are either continually sucking you dry, or the 3% power feed to the party just isn't large enough to make it a tool to be used.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Not sure where you're using it, but I tried one dirge spec who was using it, and I found it fairly worthless in value in current CD heroic zones. When mobs are basically programmed to suck you dry and it's an ongoing problem, 3% mana regen just doesn't cut the mustard. If it was an occasional mob tool, it would be one thing, but unfortunately in the three different zones we ran last night, in Water and Air, I might as well have used my DPS spec to better use. The power regen and knockback continues to be an overused mob mechanic. Used periodically, it's not bad. When it's happening virtually every 20 secs or so, forget about it.
  16. Corran Member

the power feed is great however I get the same issue as andriea posted where it gives

100/0/100/0 not sure whats causing this
  17. GuMeshow Member

Troub is "Bagpipe Solo" and the power component is from the middle one "Powerful Solo" ... The power feed component is bugged just like Spirit Tap was a while back =/
  18. Neroflop Member

yup, can confirm now that people are gearing up, and getting mroe pot and CB, bagpipe is actually draining the groups of power. please fix.