bad dps

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Uh, there are tips all over this board, except you have to read thu all the 100+ posts of what should i do with my AA, can my zerker solo, and QQ we got nerfed. Sorry that other people make threads instead of reading ones that answer the same question?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

One of the most useful tips you could have regarding DPS in raids is to have your fellow raiders macro key abilities with alerting text. Brigs normally do this with their major debuff but I'm sure there are other abilities from other classes that would help focus DPS where it needs to be.

We use to have all sorts of stickied posts with helpful information. Alas, the game has changed drastically since it's inception and even regarding the recent past, enough to make most useful information just wrong enough to need a revamp.

Even in our near future, combat arts and spells are going to be consolidated, potentially changing the sequence and usefulness of each ability in combat. Duel wielding is going under a change that won't affect just dual wielders, it could disrupt the entire hierarchy of weapon-wielding preferences.

What besides the most general or generic of information withstands the test of time in these ever-changing mechanics?

And yes, I do have a questionable sense of humor (if it can be called that)... it is, however, nothing new!

Oh, and to be clear yet again... despite picking on him from time to time, Skel really is one of the best go-to guys for berserker info.
  3. ARCHIVED-MullenSkywatcher Guest

OP,
    Raid DPS has a lot to do with your group makeup and weapon. Our guild berserker (not MT) usually does about 1400 on the fights I bother to watch ACT with the hammer from mayong and a dirge in the group, but i've seen him spike much higher than that on a juggernauted open wounds fight obviously. There are so many factors to your DPS that are not under your control (dirge) that I wouldnt worry about your dps. There is only one judgement your guild needs to make on any raid fight, and that is, did you win?
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i understand no one has an obligation to be helpful but at the same time they should recognize that the information on this forum is so mangled up in a mess a search rarely gives much, it only bothers me when people make it seem like the information is right in front of your face where this forums search function is rather crappy, i just searched for a list of raid wide, group wide and single target useful buffs but found little, i guess its off to ask induviduals and make my own list(i already know which benefit zerks but forming raids with max potential is something else).

check virtually every other class, they have stickied discussions about various aspects of their roles. why can't we work together to actually make sure other zerkers out there know their class? do we have a moderator for this class board? is this microphone even on?
  5. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

no mods... no attention from soe is even present on this board.
  6. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

Yeah we'll never get any attention from SoE...
  7. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    if you cant get a 2K zonewide parse in innersanctum as a MTing berserker then you suck.
    and no i dont need to be in a stacked group to reach those number. only ever had a dirgue templar defiler waden swash in order to reach those number.

before you start making assumption about what is possible and what isnt learn to play.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Kinda harsh reply, even tho he is wrong. But not everyone can do over 2k ZW in EoF zones, that doesn't mean you SUCK if you can't do that.
  9. ARCHIVED-lost Guest

Here is a parse of a 2k zw in fth up til treyloth/malkonis (add them in and it drops to about 1.6k). The group was dirge, coercer, warden, defiler, templar. The weapon I was using was soulfire gladius, and the dirge has his 3 set bonus. I also have my 5 set bonus so demolish is more dps than it would be for someone in kos gear. If I was to swap in kos gear for these slots and assume a kos geared dirge, I would be looking at ~50 dps blade chime, 26 dps crypts revenge, and probably 850 or 900 dps auto attack. I'd say its safe to say that kos geared you could be hitting close to 1.8k (or close to 2k if you had an assassin's apply poison). One of the biggest tricks is to learn the zones so that you aren't wasting open wounds/destruction on solo targets when there are multimob encounters next.

If you look at my gear at http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=536252120 you can see I am not using any dps gear really (no buckler of the howler, no grim brimstone hammer, nothing that procs), so while my gear is better than most berserkers, none of it is overly inaccessible.

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Kage848 wrote:
    This is a bit misleading. The majority of our damage is consistent, so it doesn't matter how long the fight lasts.

For example, let's compare you and me. Say we both do 60,000 damage to some random trash mob. However, let's say your raid killed the mob in 30s, and mine took 60s. Yes, your dps would then parse 2x of what mine is. The time isn't a trick. You really did 2x the damage even though the total was the same. You did the same amount of damage in half the time. It has nothing to do with what other players parse. Your dps would not have stopped had the duration increased another 30s.

The only time a short duration helps is when spike damage occurs (Destruction/Open Wounds/Juggernaut). Even then, sometimes longer fights can let you use those abilities more often in a zone. So it only benefits the parse on a per fight basis, not a zonewide.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    So what you are saying is that if you have a "dirgue templar defiler waden swash" in your group, with their buffs stacked on you... you can reach those numbers?

What was it I said again?

"What IS true is that if a Dirge, Coercer, Inquisitor, etc... properly buffs a Berserker with hastes, DPS buffs, various procs and proc enhancers, recycle buffs, and so on... they can stack the berserkers parse so it reaches the 1k to 2k+ marks quite easily."

Riiiiiight...

So if you copy what I say, but tell me that I'm wrong for saying it... what does that make you?

What I've been saying is a Berserker can't reach those numbers without all of those buffs stacked on him from those other classes.

If he can't reach those numbers without those buffs... how is it solely the Berserker's fault for not reaching those numbers?

If sucking requires me to maintain at least a shred of logic and reason, then yes... I suck!
  12. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

ZerkerDwarf wrote:
    maybe you're missing this part from the OP... so just so you understand what we are talking about
  13. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Well, the OP was asking what HE could do to fix it... Hopefully all these replies illustrated that it will take a larger effort from the rest of the raid as opposed to just him. Based on the rest of his post, he seems to be doing all the right things which means there isn't really much else he can do on his own despite him trying to do just that.
  14. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Not very bright are you? what happened to the first paragraph about waiting for recycle etc etc? i never wait for buff to come up and my gear is nowhere close to avatar gear you seem to think is required.

any class in a raid i run is getting at least 1 support class for them to perform better, are you puting random class in random group shaking very hard and hoping you ll get a decent raid set up?
    i never once had a stacked group wich you seem to think is required "Berserker can't reach those numbers without all of those buffs stacked", if i could have allowed myself to put a coercer in my group instead of the warden and an inqui instead of the templar and an assassin instead of the swash i would have **** the parse even more.
    if a player cant perform without requiering a stacked group then he suck period.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    Er, that whole paragraph to which you are referring...

"Berserkers do not parse anywhere near 2k zone-wide. They don't normally parse over 1k zone-wide unless they wait for their recycles before every fight or possibly if they are in the highest end, overly tweaked gear. Even a good combination of the two works as well!"

... was me illustrating that berserkers can't do that on their own (ie: groupless) without special conditions to which I gave examples ("wait for their recycles" and "highest end, overly tweaked gear").

Also, I hoped by using "Dirge, Coercer, Inquisitor, etc..." that it was obvious I was merely giving examples. Lets put it this way... a group of 6 Berserkers are not going to enhance each other's DPS. Why? Because their buffs don't stack.

It would be very interesting to live in Triste-Lune land, I must admit. Where "just a Berserker" is no different from a Berserker and several of his friends! Imagine the soloing potential! Maybe everyone is a quad boxer or something on your server? I dunno!

Yes, I know the OP was talking about himself in the context of a raid, but he does want to know what he himself could do. Last time I checked, he, by himself, was just a single Berserker! Last time I check, he was posting in the Berserker forums! Last time I checked, he was asking how to improve his Berserker!

Look, when you ask yourself if you want a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy... you're suppose to pick the bottle.

We are the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids!!!
  16. ARCHIVED-lost Guest

I don't think anyone is denying that we are buff sponges, but truth be told, a tank should be brought along on a raid to be able to tank mobs. To tank mobs effectively just so happens to require 2 healers and a dirge--and the buffs from 2 healers and a dirge are going to be good enough for a berserker to use most of their potential. We know he is tower specced, and it can probably spike to 2k+ in some fights, but I don't think there is much of a chance at hitting 2k zonewide parses in that spec unless you are in a zone like lyceum with a very nice group.

That being said, right now, all we know is he parses 1k in raids, but can parse slightly higher solo in poets (1.1k solo in poets with a tower sounds pretty good actually). What that tells me is that he isn't hitting the mobs he is tanking often enough, but without seeing a parse, we won't be able to tell. If his skills are maxed in his raid setup (dirge run boon, templar hp/skills buff, and offensive should do it if not primitive instinct from the warden), I would guess that there is no brigand in the raid, or the raid isn't using all of their debuffs. As it has been said before, if you are not comfortable staying in offensive stance for fights, try a lower level defensive stance since it still gives the mitigation benefit and some defensive benefits, but at less of a penalty offensively compared to your normal defensive stance.
  17. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

The biggest thing that affects my zw is my skills. I rarely get a warden or templar in my group. Most times I have a dirge, but don't even get this every time either. Therefore my melee skills is usually about 425ish in offensive stance. Therefore most EoF raid zones I only hit about 60-70%.
    Another HUGE factor would be your guilds zw total. Many guilds probably run around 20k. Skel's guild, for example, probably about 40k. So, if your guild can kill in half the time, your dps will double. I'm usually around 1400, with my guild doing around 30k. If my guild could get up to the 40k mark, that would be a 25% improvement, and since a zerkers dps comes in bursts (through temp buffs like ow, juger, destruct), it would probably help our personal dps by slightly more than 25%. If I could get another in my group to buff my melee skills and start hitting 80% instead of 60%, that would add up to a little bit as well. Add the 2 of these factors together, and I'm sure I'd be sitting around the 2k mark myself.
  18. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

FightGame wrote:
    Your dps has nothing to do with what dps others are doing. You are assuming that you would do the same amount of damage that you needed the longer duration for in the shorter duration. You wouldn't just be dividing the same damage amount by a shorter duration. You would be dividing a lesser damage amount.

Let's say you did 84,000 damage in 60 seconds (it took your guild 60s to kill the mob). That puts you at 1400 DPS. If you cut the time in half, sure, it would seem like you did 2800 DPS. However, that's only if you still did 84,000 damage in that 30 seconds. You won't. It took you 60s to do that much. If you did 84,000 damage in 30 seconds as opposed to 60 seconds, then you really did double your DPS. It's not a funny trick with the numbers. The only way your dps would double from half the time is if you did nothing for at least half of every fight.

Also, when you talk about zonewide parses, spike damage is no longer a concern. It's averaged out for the duration of the zone. As I said earlier as well, a longer duration means you are using those abilities more often as well. It becomes quite consistent.
  19. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Here is the parse Lost (Jayn) posted in this thread.

[IMG]

Here is a parse I posted in another thread of myself. It's of an entirely different zone.

[IMG]

Here is one from Skel from the same thread.

[IMG]

Notice the sources of damage are fairly consistent? Even Destruction (Rampaging Blows)? The durations are pretty far apart as well as the number of times used. Duration has nothing to do with it. You can follow all the posted parses in the thread Skel pointed out as well. It's the same. The sources of damage are the same and fairly consistent across all the players even though the parses come from different zones with different durations.

What you guys can do to improve yourselves (if needed) is run your own parse and compare. See what sources of damage you're missing out on. Which sources are not up to par with the other players. Is your autoattack not up to par? Then what's your accuracy? What autoattack buffs do you receive? Is Breach not performing as well? Then are you using Breach every possible opportunity? Furious Assault not proc'ing as much? Then do you have a dirge or templar increasing proc rates? Haste even?

Most things are fairly easy to explain as to why you're not hitting the full potential. Some are not so easy. It's not easy to tell if mobs are being debuffed properly, or it you're brigand is calling out dispatch and whether or not you use that to your advantage. However, parse yourself and see. Maybe you'll find something useful. Post it here even if you want help.
  20. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

double post... V