bad dps

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Somehow I fail to exploit our dps potential.
    I am fully Doomrage fabled, jewellery also KoS fabled, Shadow Axe and Soulfire Gladius (unfortunately still legendary, sniff... don't find an EoF hardcore raidcom/guild, neither a one-way ticket for mayong), Buckler of the Howler, defensively adorned (agi, sta and devensive where possible, rest dps/haste).
    I also have all masters (master II group taunt), 100 achievements (str 4-4-8, agi 4-8-8-8, int 4-1), in every cyclone 5 points including the endskill for taunts, berserk triggers 5 and 3 points.
    When raid MTing in KoS I parse 1000ish zonewide. Soloing Poets Palace about 1100. I KNOW that is horribly bad! And I want to change that! But I don't know what to do. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am offensively stanced; defensively only the first few seconds of a named raidpull (if at all).
    I think I am observing all the tactics. Exploiting autoattack by not spamming CAs without a pause. In Open Wounds mode no CAs at all. Always facing the enemy for autoattack. Alternating Destruction/Juggernaught and Open Wounds. Before pull I cast Destruction and Weapon Aegis if available. Using a macro of STR2 and "/autoattack 0" immediately followed by Stunning Howl (multiple encounter) or high dmg single attack. And all these things. When raid MTing, I usually have a templar, mystic, dirge, assassin, coercer/warden (according to situation) with me.
    Once I parsed 2300 in Poets Palace solo. I don't know how I did it. Same tactics as usual, same equipment, same speed - so Destruction and Open Wounds aren't available in every fight.
    Is there anything I miss? How can you exploit the full potential of the autoattacks? According to /weapon and your actual delay you can adjust the CAs. But haste and dps are alternating all the time; especially on a raid. And somehow looking at your char or the combat log isn't the ULTIMATA ratio - nevertheless often a CA destroys an autoattack although you are trying to alternate CA and auto.
  2. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

Its simple, .. Your not Buckler Built therefore your missing +60% DOUBLE ATTACK.
    and why not take Agil Final, Best Ability in that tree.
  3. ARCHIVED-DasanW Guest

Yep.. Buckler spec.
  4. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

I have mixed up agi with sta. I am buckler specced 4-8-8-8.
  5. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

is that horrible DPS? not really, its almost exactly what i do with the same gear, unfortunately you have been listening to the top geared zerks too much. you will notice some of the DPS numbers around here are a bit inflated or spike damage numbers.
    only thing i see you failed to mention is strength, the main modifier in our base damage, if you only buff to 500 strength then you are still losing a bit of DPS potential.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Yay! another fun post mired in a game mechanics sleight-of-hand!

Berserkers do not parse anywhere near 2k zone-wide. They don't normally parse over 1k zone-wide unless they wait for their recycles before every fight or possibly if they are in the highest end, overly tweaked gear. Even a good combination of the two works as well!

What IS true is that if a Dirge, Coercer, Inquisitor, etc... properly buffs a Berserker with hastes, DPS buffs, various procs and proc enhancers, recycle buffs, and so on... they can stack the berserkers parse so it reaches the 1k to 2k+ marks quite easily. Non-buckler specced Berserkers can also reach the 1.5k to 2k+ range with proper buff stacking. I've witnessed and experienced this myself enough times to realize that buff stacking is more the issue in raids than most Berserkers' in these forums usually attribute on a regular basis.

As far as raids, it's more important to have overall DPS raised as opposed as your individual DPS. If swapping you into a spot to raise your DPS by 500 causes a scout to switch out of a 700 boost (as they have more to gain and lose from buff stacking)... well, you might look better personally, but you are hurting your raid as a whole. Just keep that in mind if you start chasing the 2k+ range.
  7. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

when MTing obviously you want all the proccing DPS you can get as well as all the DPS/haste buffs as DPS generates hate. last trip through labs i was hitting encounters for up to 3k with all my spells refreshed but parsed zonewide around 1200, almost completely mastered with KoS fabled, shadow axe and str 448 sta 44882 wis 43 build.
    high end DPS comes from not only procs off buffs but from yourself, if you look at most of the high end EoF gear there is alot of self proccing damage casual raiders are missing as well as haste, DPS, double attack(fabled set bonus) and crit % modifiers which all add up quite a bit in the end to your DPS which those people tend to carry here and seem to make standard DPS numbers out of where only about 5% of zerks actually do. you may get lucky and get a handful of nice buffs in raid but ^ has a good point that if you get all the buffs you are actually hurting the DPS of the raid as a whole unless it is evenly spread out.
    to be quite honest, your DPS won't change much by adding a delay between CAs until you have the top end gear and procs i mentioned above, i have tested it day after day and noticed little change even with various builds. another misconception brought on by top tier raiders with high end gear where it does make more of a difference. i havent picked up the gladius yet to test it with but with 2.5 delay or faster weapons their change was very minimal. those formulas you see floating around assume you have no latency and are perfectly timing your delay and also assume that the SoE formulas are accurate, i got tired of my numbers flying all over the board with delays as your haste fluctuates so normally i just spam my big hits first and then toss in a delay on the weaker ones.
  8. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Uh, thats not true at all, i have an exorbent amount of ZW parses where im 2k+ and i know people with KoS gear that have a huge amount of 1800+. I dont wait for Des/OW/Jug. My group isnt "stacked." All we really need is a dirge, the right weapon and AA, skill, and a brig to debuff. Just because you cant figure out how to push the class doesnt mean its not possible with just vuli's.
  9. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

not gonna call complete BS but i find it difficult to believe that somewhere i am missing 80% of my DPS by not pushing the buttons just right. enlighten us if you would, i have never seen any posts regarding the best possible DPS scenario for both tanking or offtanking even though i have tried every possible combination without those kind of results.

it does have alot to do with the raid setup, your buffs being put on you and how much the mob is being debuffed though as already said. all of which are partially out of our control.
  10. ARCHIVED-konig Guest

I've did 2k myself on a few ZW parses but normally its between 1.2-1.7k. All depends on your group set up, the strats you use on mobs, and the rest of the raid not slacking. First, you need a dirge plan and simple, you lose 500 or more dps without one. Inq and Ceo are also good for the DSP buff, Ill are great for the haste and if your lucky I.A., and the Assassins for there proc. As far as strats go. An example is some guilds joust AE mobs and other just heal though it. If your guild joust your losing DPS with all the running back and forth. If your guild try's to heal though it your DPS will stay on par with other fights. Finally on the rest of the raid slacking. If others arn't doing there part it can lead to longer fights or wipes. Normal longer fight's equal's lower DPS, wipes add more time to the ZW which lowers the DPS. Just a few thing to think about on why your DPS might be lower then some of the other Berserker's.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

I haven't done 2k zone wide but I can get like 1500.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Zone wide DPS also has a lot to do with what everyone else is doing. Your not ganna parse 2k+ if you dont have other good dps players with you.

No one would ever do 2k+ dps on my guild raids lol.
  13. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Thats nice you can call bs but i have posted plenty of screenshots of my ZW parses as well as many other zerkers. I also might be inclined to help you if you werent so rude about it. If you really want to see... there are alot of them here and there are several on this board too if you search. 2k+ is very typical for me for ZW.

You also havent tried looking very hard if you havent seen scenarious for best ca order, groups, etc.
  14. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Kage848 wrote:
    This is half true. I can see where most people in xx guild are somewhat around the same skill and gear, so if the guild parses low because of gear or skill you would as well. Atleast i think thats what you are trying to say. But on that same token, when i go to pickup raids and i have a dirge as well as a brigand in the raid i maintain 2k+.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    How cute! Skel is trying to think again! /pushes_Skels_buttons

I said Berserkers don't parse that high, not a Berserker plus 5 of his friends or a Berserker plus 2 of his friends and certainly not a Berserker plus 23 of his friends. And just to be clear, I don't mean a bunch of Berserkers grouped together... I just mean Berserkers as a whole, but on their own in normal game play situations. If it's not in the nature of a Berserker to parse in the 2k plus range on a consistent basis, then it shouldn't be in the nature of a Berserker to question oneself if you can't reach that number when all other variables you can control (read: your character) are running smoothly.

Yes, there are tips that make the process easier, just watch yourself if you blame the player when in all likelihood, he's doing everything right. I certainly hope I made that point with my first reply!

I am also not using the term "stack" in the manner of "stack the deck"... I am referring to the stacking of buffs. So unless your group is not using any group or targeted buffs on you, you are stacked with buffs.

Hmm, if I could draw at all, I'd make a nifty editorial cartoon to illustrate... maybe it'll work in text?

Oh oops, I forgot! You've played a whole gosh darn lot and have all sorts of nifty gear! Golly gee willickers! Shucks Mister Skel, can I help carry your ego with the rest of your guild or are they too busy padding your parse so you can fluff your plumage in these forums?
    And thus concludes my text version of an editorial cartoon!

/bow
  16. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Umm... wow. What exactly is your point? If you check the original post he was asking about raid parses. He did mention soloing in Poet's, but I'm pretty sure his question was regarding raiding since he says he only parses 1000ish zone wide in KOS zones while MT and is looking for ways to improve it. I'm pretty sure when he's in a raid there's someone putting buffs on him if he's MT. Who cares what you parse solo as long as you finish the zone? I mean really? And for the record I've also parsed 2k zone wide before, but most of the time it's like 1.5-1.8k because we have some really flakey dirges that don't like to show up for raids, and since I usually OT the MT gets the dirge. As long as you have a good group set up and decent raid DPS it's not that hard. There's no need to be a smart ***.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

The point, my dear Watson, is in the poster's first sentence:

"Somehow I fail to exploit our dps potential."

The I's have it, as they say...

Amongst the 24 players within a raid, he held himself solely responsible in his opening statement.

I tried to deflate that improper ideal by pointing out the limits of the Berserker class in regards to what the single player can do. Skel so masterfully (he sayest sarcastically) added back in all the players I was subtracting in order to make that point. That's all fine and dandy if the foundation of my point was not in what the Berserker is capable of on his own for his part of the raid.

As they would say in mathematics...

QED

I think that stands for Quails Eat Ducks, but I could be wrong. I certainly would never underestimate the conversation stopping power of a duck-eating quail! But if it would really stop a conversation... why am I still talking?

And there is every reason to be a smart ***... the alternative is to be an elephant and an elephant never forgets. Frankly, my memory ain't exactly top quality, so I certainly am not up to par as far as those mnemonically-gifted pachyderms!

Gosh darn it! I made another multi-layered joke, referencing multiple subjects relating to posts on here! Well... a bad joke is still a joke I suppose...
  18. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Yes i agree ..
    In an average raid enviroment, not top zones and top geared, a buckler Zerker can easily pull 1200-1600 DPS with a Dirge + some other group buffs. Buffs on The Zerker is one of the key elements in a raid and proper De-buffs on the MOB. You can really tell a differance with 2 good Scouts cycling debuffs on an Epic.
    Get good opening CA orders pre/post Pull and know what to use during the actual kill. Leaning on auto attack heavily is actually what u need to do dueing the majority of the time, dont crazy spam every thing u got, u may loose auto attack swings thru CA Vs. Weapon Delay.
    Zerkers who are pulling 2K+ ZWs are Very well equipted, most of the time. Mayong hammer, full EoF set, proc gear Ect. Also they have developed and refined their Combat Strat to when/where/how to CA/Autoattack to a great extent.
    Your not doing so bad dood .. As long as ur out DPSing the Crusaders!! LOL
  19. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Thats kinda what I mean. But look at it this way. DPS = Damage per second. If others in your grp aren't doing nice damage the fight lasts longer. Thats means more seconds. The longer the fight lasts the lower your dps drops.

If your in a raid of people doing 600-1k dps (Like my raids) then your not ganna do 2k+ period.
  20. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

yet again people fail to actually read my posts, it has alot to do with buffs put on you, not just from yourself.
    i would love for someone else to play my character and pick up an additional 600-800 DPS just to show me there is something i am doing wrong otherwise i will stick by the fact that there is people with adept 1s debuffing the mobs and not getting them in all of the time. this is the difference between a casual raid guild and a hardcore one is that you are not always getting master 1 buffs and the mobs are not getting master 1 debuffs and both of those you are not getting all of the time or at all. i try to watch my spell list but you can't always notice when a spell falls off and does not get put back on.
    my post merely said that the original poster likely is doing absolutely nothing wrong but his comrades are to blame in not playing their classes right and passing out buffs to the right people and also not debuffing the mobs fully and at all times. do the numbers he mentioned seem low? a little but not much, this is coming from an almost exactly the same equipped zerker with similar raiding formations where people do not have the best spells, the best gear or the best knowledge.
    so again, if i am completely missing something where i can pull 800 DPS out of my own [I cannot control my vocabulary] otherwise i will have to continue to try and monitor the others in the raid and hope they know [I cannot control my vocabulary] they are doing and watch my spells like a hawk and kick the brig in the [I cannot control my vocabulary] and hope they are doing their job debuffing.
    no, i do not expect to see any real tips around here, the ones i have found were nearly buried and so scattered it wasn't even funny. why would we have a resource to have berserkers better themselves after all? i mean we are the number #2 tank! with #2 support from ourselves! i feel like i'm in a dysfunctional family here, no stickies, no real good condensed tips just a bunch of garbled junk that gets so easily lost that after a while it has little bearing as time goes on.
    so, to the OP all i suggest is you look at your raid and not yourself to see where that DPS is being lost, i guarantee most of it is there and not from you.
    again, thanks alot for the real informational post!
    yes... that was sarcasm.
    i'm beginning to think the high end zerkers really don't even know much about what is carrying their DPS